Golden Boy (2011)

Golden Boy by Dueto Parfums

Golden Boy is a perfume by Dueto Parfums for men and was released in 2011. The scent is leathery-spicy. It is still in production.

Sonia Constant

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender, Leather, Thyme, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Vanilla, Frankincense, Suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.07.2019.

RhythmnHues
Smoky soft-florals, spices and suede...
Of all the scents, I've tried so far, composed on this theme - mainly Tuscan Leather, Aoud Leather, La Yuqawam - Golden Boy is the one I like the most, followed by the Montale. The other two have a dominant Raspberry note which goes super-sweet on me that I don't like. But here the violet leaf & saffron blend adds a potent dash of spiciness to the mix which is really quite sexy. A warm cloud of smoky soft-florals, spices and suede - on a creamy-smooth musky vanillic base. Quite linear but with solid performance - lasts all day while projecting beautifully within your space.

Definitely worth a try if you like scents based on this theme or if you think stuff like TL is stupidly overpriced.

8.5/10
2.5 7.5 10.0 6.0/10

Nowhere close to hide...
First of all I'd like to make a remark about the "catchy" text in the fragrance's description.

"Its unique formula contains some of the most exotic spices on earth; saffron, leather, cedarwood, suede, musk and vanilla incenses lift you to heaven."

Well, unless my English fail me, then could someone please explain this to me? With the possible exception of saffron, which in any case is only one and not "some", which are the other "some of the most exotic spices on earth"?
Now, unless the sample I was given was wrongly labeled, I can't help but wonder if the way that leather smells has changed so dramatically since the '70s-'80s. I've read a lot of reviews, and 90% of them described Golden Boy as a fragrance where leather notes shine. But it gets even stranger, as a good deal of this 90% use the words "creamy leather", and this is something I just don't get, since I never thought that these two words could be put together to describe a fragrance. For me, leather can be either oily, pungent, or dominating, but it can't be creamy, cute, or yummy, unless you have a bowl of custard spilled over your leather jacket. Which is not a bad thing per se, but it's an accident by all means, thus not an expected or established way to describe something as odd as "creamy leather".
Now, if we're to talk leather, Trussardi Uomo, Jacomo de Jacomo and Knize Ten smell like leather to me. Golden Boy does not. To my nose, Golden Boy is Dirty English after taking a good bath to remove all the dirt, and thus be transformed from a lousy dirty bastard to a cuddling golden darling. Or like Burberry's Brit Rhythm, with it's tempo pumped up a couple of hundreds BPM. Rausch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin could also be the case, given that it had left its leather coat back home in Berlin.
So, unless there's something very wrong going on with my sample, Golden Boy is a quite pleasant, although kinda generic, scent, but it's definitely not leather. Cause if it had come face to face with any of the real leather-clad bad boys (and girls) of past decades, chances are that it would be its own hide decorating their walls. And that would be the closest to real leather it would ever come...

by RomanaFrangi
by RomanaFrangi

Popular Dueto Parfums

Golden Boy by Dueto Parfums City Love by Dueto Parfums Lady Cool by Dueto Parfums City Oud by Dueto Parfums Uber by Dueto Parfums Citiver by Dueto Parfums Bijou - Pearl by Dueto Parfums Bijou - Amber by Dueto Parfums