Century (2018)

Century by Dunhill

Century is a new perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-fresh. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Carlos Benaïm

Bergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Neroli, Cardamom, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Musk, Cypriol

Submitted by Cincy, last update on 19.05.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

The designer niche perfume
Since I smelled Dunhill Icon for the first time, I am convinced of this brand. Dunhill always moves a hand's width away from the mainstream and knows how to convince with high quality fragrances.
That's what happened to me again at the Century. I am therefore generally surprised by the somewhat meagre resonance that this fragrance on Parfumo has been able to experience so far. No comment yet... Seriously. That must not be, and now finds an end ;-) Here so my mustard to the fragrance.

As my title suggests, we might as well find ourselves in the environment of one of the big niche houses at Century. The fragrance has nothing to do with the current designer Ambroxan fresh legs. In the top note the bergamot freshens up the neroli wonderfully, whereby the whole thing gets a creamy / powdery undertone for me. Maybe the cardamom with the incense? Hard to say.

Strangely enough, the scent always reminds me of my USA holidays. American malls or the casinos in Las Vegas seem to spray similar scent compositions. But my short-term olfactory memory can also play a trick on me.
I would describe the fragrance process from heart to base as rather linear, with a slightly woody vibe added towards the end.
The durability on the skin is clearly above average (especially in the price range). On my jacket, the durability is almost infinite and can be seen weeks later. Silage's fine. Approx. 1.5-3 h arm length. Later you still leave behind a very nice fragrance trail.
The sprayer could have a little more power and the bottle is ... well ... times different.
Price / performance definitely a no-brainer and for me the best new release last year

by Andymion
by Andymion

Popular Dunhill

Icon by Dunhill Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend by Dunhill Dunhill London by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire Blue by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Desire for a Woman by Dunhill Dunhill Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Century by Dunhill Dunhill Pure by Dunhill Dunhill 51.3 N. by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill