Century 2018

Century by Dunhill
Bottle Design Mark Eisen
Century is a popular perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Carlos Benaïm

BergamotBergamot GrapefruitGrapefruit Mandarin orangeMandarin orange NeroliNeroli CardamomCardamom FrankincenseFrankincense SandalwoodSandalwood MuskMusk CypriolCypriol

Submitted by Cincy, last update on 25.05.2022.

Zebra782
A prime example of my maturity in my fragrance journey.
I've been a fragrance lover for over a decade now, and as everyone who starts with something, I have to admit that I've been quite naive.

When I first got century, I almost immediately dismissed it, it's clean and it's fresh, but it straight up smelled like a laundry detergent, or rather clean laundry fresh out of the washing machine, it's not a horrible smell but I just didn't want to smell like laundry.

In fact I dismissed it to the point that I literally spray it on my freshly ironed clothes.

Then a couple of days back my wife did not find anything to wear (which is something I have to sort out soon, lol) she smelled like Centur, and suddenly it smelled so good on her, so now I am seeing it in a completely new light.

Not going through the notes but one thing to note, if you want to smell authentic sandalwood, this is the one to get, and after all ain't nothing wrong with smelling fresh and clean, this might be after all my favorite Neroli fragrance.

Shiron212
Not my kind of fragrance
I bought Century blind, because it was cheap and it was a bad decision :/
At first, it was repulsive, but now I just find it okay.
It smells very earthy, sour and metallic with a grape-like undertone - it comes off like burnt rubber dipped in grape juice, as strange as it sounds.
The composition would be pretty interesting, but the cypriol is really overpowering and it ruins everything for me.
It certainly smells better in the air, but unfortunately, it doesn't project a whole lot.
Longevity on it is decent though, about 7 hours.
I can't even think of an occasion or a season to wear this, Spring and Fall daytime I guess.

This is certainly not for everyone, please sample before you buy, even if you can get it for a bargain price.
Don't make the same mistake as I did.

Very Classy scent
Cannot describe the words for this scent, to me is just a pure class, barbershop fougere, I can detect the Sandalwood, Neroli, citruses and Cardamom which is well blended, off my skin longevity I get around 6-8 hrs. Is a must have for spring, summer and fall

A Piece of Modern Art!
Dunhill Century: Its story begins with a beautiful bottle that looks like a piece of art! It continues with a juice with citrus scents, but woody and slightly spiced at the same time. The papyrus note is predominant and is particular and elegant. The whole is well blended and harmonious. In short, a niche perfume with a very low price, at this time of writing, if purchased online. It has its own personality and it stands out from the crowd. It is not for nothing that it is compared to Le Labo Santal 33. Highly recommended!
NativeHeart
A 15th century Scottish landlord...
...after a glorious, bloody battle in the circle of other counts and princes at a festive supper, surrounded by wine filled goblets, bowls of fresh fruit, tons of poultry and roast meat, sweet potatoes, dances, minnesongs and...
Suddenly I'm awake again
After the top note has passed and I wake up again, I experience a pleasant, contemporary and above all masculine scent, which on a hot summer day like today gives the hot summer air a pleasant freshness.

After several coolings in the cold water I put on my shirt to buy a cold drink at the kiosk. Still a pleasant freshness surrounds me, this time it is the base note. Far milder and more mainstream than the chivalrous top note at the beginning.

The evening ends and so does my test drive with Century. Just at the beginning of the smell journey the name is program. The smell catapults me into another era. A century in which I am not at home. And also I have not seen enough medieval series to really like it.
The heart and base notes, on the other hand, are pleasant to smell and do not demand much.
So I'd give the scent a 7.5. The opening is special, but unfortunately this one is not for me. But I'm not one of those Sauvage disciples or Santiano fans who might like it. A few drops of Old Spice after shaving are enough to make me feel like a real man 40+.
So for me, the scent isn't really something. But I can understand what others like about it.

Thanks to the proud Oskar for the fast bottling.

MrTee
A classy fragrance with a very interesting combination of notes
This is a classy fragrance with a very interesting combination of notes, giving it a rather unique vibe. You just need to give it time to develop.

It starts off with a bright clean citrusy fresh opening. About 15 minutes into it, you get a spicy/herbal aromatic scent which later dries down to a very clean and musky woody aroma.

Presentation: 9/10
Scent: 8/10
Longevity: 8:10
Silage: 8/10

Signature Worthy: Yes
The designer niche perfume
Since I smelled Dunhill Icon for the first time, I am convinced of this brand. Dunhill always moves a hand's width away from the mainstream and knows how to convince with high quality fragrances.
That's what happened to me again at the Century. I am therefore generally surprised by the somewhat meagre resonance that this fragrance on Parfumo has been able to experience so far. No comment yet... Seriously. That must not be, and now finds an end ;-) Here so my mustard to the fragrance.

As my title suggests, we might as well find ourselves in the environment of one of the big niche houses at Century. The fragrance has nothing to do with the current designer Ambroxan fresh legs. In the top note the bergamot freshens up the neroli wonderfully, whereby the whole thing gets a creamy / powdery undertone for me. Maybe the cardamom with the incense? Hard to say.

Strangely enough, the scent always reminds me of my USA holidays. American malls or the casinos in Las Vegas seem to spray similar scent compositions. But my short-term olfactory memory can also play a trick on me.
I would describe the fragrance process from heart to base as rather linear, with a slightly woody vibe added towards the end.
The durability on the skin is clearly above average (especially in the price range). On my jacket, the durability is almost infinite and can be seen weeks later. Silage's fine. Approx. 1.5-3 h arm length. Later you still leave behind a very nice fragrance trail.
The sprayer could have a little more power and the bottle is ... well ... times different.
Price / performance definitely a no-brainer and for me the best new release last year

Zebra782Zebra782 7 months ago
Smells like an upscale fabric softener, and not in a good way at all.
50something50something 11 months ago
I like it. Similar to Icon but the cypriol takes it in another direction. 8/10. Swiss Army knife fragrance
Shiron212Shiron212 1 year ago
Very abstract fragrance, not for beginners.
Definitely classy and REALLY mature.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 1 year ago
Great bottle, good scent, mediocre performance. A update and better version of Icon. 3/5
AdamStraightAdamStraight 1 year ago
Spicy citrusy vinegar smell. Average performance
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Century is citrusy in the opening, then you get a floral neroli, a woody/leathery sandalwood and a cypriol heart with some musk in the base.
AspvlAspvl 2 years ago
5.5
Great scent, but not for me... It brings out a neroli facet which I hate: it's balmy, headache inducing and annoying.
RomadyRomady 2 years ago
After a hot day, when there is a summer rain.. this one's amazing!
Nik604Nik604 2 years ago
Sean Connery in Goldfinger perfume... classy , classic and grandpa/ma.
ScentDaneScentDane 2 years ago
Classy, sharp and gentlemanly. A more dressed up version of Dunhill Icon. Cuts sharp in the opening due to the cypriol oil, but smoothes out

by Profumosam
by Profumosam
by ScentDane
by ScentDane
by Andymion
by Andymion

Popular by Dunhill

Icon by Dunhill Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend (Cologne) by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Indian Sandalwood by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Dunhill London (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Signature Collection - Moroccan Amber by Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Arabian Desert by Dunhill Signature Collection - Egyptian Smoke by Dunhill