Century 2018

Century by Dunhill
Century is a popular perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Carlos Benaïm

Bergamot, Grapefruit, Mandarin orange, Neroli, Cardamom, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Musk, Cypriol

Submitted by Cincy, last update on 24.11.2020.

A Piece of Modern Art!
Dunhill Century: Its story begins with a beautiful bottle that looks like a piece of art! It continues with a juice with citrus scents, but woody and slightly spiced at the same time. The papyrus note is predominant and is particular and elegant. The whole is well blended and harmonious. In short, a niche perfume with a very low price, at this time of writing, if purchased online. It has its own personality and it stands out from the crowd. It is not for nothing that it is compared to Le Labo Santal 33. Highly recommended!
NativeHeart
A 15th century Scottish landlord...
...after a glorious, bloody battle in the circle of other counts and princes at a festive supper, surrounded by wine filled goblets, bowls of fresh fruit, tons of poultry and roast meat, sweet potatoes, dances, minnesongs and...
Suddenly I'm awake again
After the top note has passed and I wake up again, I experience a pleasant, contemporary and above all masculine scent, which on a hot summer day like today gives the hot summer air a pleasant freshness.

After several coolings in the cold water I put on my shirt to buy a cold drink at the kiosk. Still a pleasant freshness surrounds me, this time it is the base note. Far milder and more mainstream than the chivalrous top note at the beginning.

The evening ends and so does my test drive with Century. Just at the beginning of the smell journey the name is program. The smell catapults me into another era. A century in which I am not at home. And also I have not seen enough medieval series to really like it.
The heart and base notes, on the other hand, are pleasant to smell and do not demand much.
So I'd give the scent a 7.5. The opening is special, but unfortunately this one is not for me. But I'm not one of those Sauvage disciples or Santiano fans who might like it. A few drops of Old Spice after shaving are enough to make me feel like a real man 40+.
So for me, the scent isn't really something. But I can understand what others like about it.

Thanks to the proud Oskar for the fast bottling.

MrTee
A classy fragrance with a very interesting combination of notes
This is a classy fragrance with a very interesting combination of notes, giving it a rather unique vibe. You just need to give it time to develop.

It starts off with a bright clean citrusy fresh opening. About 15 minutes into it, you get a spicy/herbal aromatic scent which later dries down to a very clean and musky woody aroma.

Presentation: 9/10
Scent: 8/10
Longevity: 8:10
Silage: 8/10

Signature Worthy: Yes
The designer niche perfume
Since I smelled Dunhill Icon for the first time, I am convinced of this brand. Dunhill always moves a hand's width away from the mainstream and knows how to convince with high quality fragrances.
That's what happened to me again at the Century. I am therefore generally surprised by the somewhat meagre resonance that this fragrance on Parfumo has been able to experience so far. No comment yet... Seriously. That must not be, and now finds an end ;-) Here so my mustard to the fragrance.

As my title suggests, we might as well find ourselves in the environment of one of the big niche houses at Century. The fragrance has nothing to do with the current designer Ambroxan fresh legs. In the top note the bergamot freshens up the neroli wonderfully, whereby the whole thing gets a creamy / powdery undertone for me. Maybe the cardamom with the incense? Hard to say.

Strangely enough, the scent always reminds me of my USA holidays. American malls or the casinos in Las Vegas seem to spray similar scent compositions. But my short-term olfactory memory can also play a trick on me.
I would describe the fragrance process from heart to base as rather linear, with a slightly woody vibe added towards the end.
The durability on the skin is clearly above average (especially in the price range). On my jacket, the durability is almost infinite and can be seen weeks later. Silage's fine. Approx. 1.5-3 h arm length. Later you still leave behind a very nice fragrance trail.
The sprayer could have a little more power and the bottle is ... well ... times different.
Price / performance definitely a no-brainer and for me the best new release last year

BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 month ago
Century is citrusy in the opening, then you get a floral neroli, a woody/leathery sandalwood and a cypriol heart with some musk in the base.
AspvlAspvl 5 months ago
5.5
Great scent, but not for me... It brings out a neroli facet which I hate: it's balmy, headache inducing and annoying.
RomadyRomady 5 months ago
After a hot day, when there is a summer rain.. this one's amazing!
Nik604Nik604 6 months ago
Sean Connery in Goldfinger perfume... classy , classic and grandpa/ma.
ScentDaneScentDane 7 months ago
Classy, sharp and gentlemanly. A more dressed up version of Dunhill Icon. Cuts sharp in the opening due to the cypriol oil, but smoothes out
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Century harks back to the days of the classic man cologne: citrus, aromatic, dry, a bit herbal and bitter.

by Profumosam
by Profumosam
by ScentDane
by ScentDane
by Andymion
by Andymion

Popular Dunhill

Icon by Dunhill Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend (Cologne) by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Indian Sandalwood by Dunhill Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Dunhill London (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Moroccan Amber by Dunhill Signature Collection - Arabian Desert by Dunhill London (Cologne) by Dunhill Desire Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill