Desire for a Man 2000Eau de Toilette

Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill
Bottle Design Franzrudolf Lehnert
Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 2000. The scent is fruity-sweet. It was last marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Green lemon, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Rose, Teakwood
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.11.2020.

The apple
.... is after all a popular fruit. Sweet and sour. Balanced differently depending on the genus.
And there are quite a few scents that apple has in it. Sometimes sweet, sometimes sour. Sometimes like an apple strudel, sometimes like a capsized fruit freighter.......

Like this one. Dunhill Desire. Created by the same perfumer who gave us the classic marzipan cracker, by the way. You know what I mean. That pink one by Joop. ;-)

So there you have it now. The scented apple juice mix. I say this with a little irony. Because on one hand, I want to like the smell. On the other hand, it reminds me of the thirst quenchers you find in vending machines. 500ml Tetrapack. Fruity sweet and sour.
Not a bad idea in that sense. And it works. Thirst-quenching scent to spray on
But if it weren't for the (thought) rhubarb.
What you find here is definitely something to like.
The fragrance, even if it has slightly woody notes in its core, lacks stability. The apple-fruit mixture simply smacks against the wall, missing the spice rack by only a few centimetres The fruit swatter runs through the core of the fragrance. And before I can even guess at the hint of a solid base, it's already weakening
I could just spray more of it behind my ears. With some perfumes, it helps to bring out the core and base notes. Not here. There's just more synthetic fruit and my head's switching right to left. Because unlike Boss Bottled, for example, I find the mixture here intrusive. Yes Boss Bottled is synthetic. Synthetic baked apple. I'm very good at that, but not this one. As I said, it lacks spice, wood, whatever, something that makes the senses play
For me personally simply too much of a good thing, coupled with the absence of a refined fragrance. A fragrance can also be linear. Only here it simply does not work. The fruit tincture is too obtrusive and there is nothing to distract from it.
Oh, now I know. Dunhill Desire reminds me of another fragrance I recently bought, tried, and put on a curiosity list in the attic. Billion dollars Casino Royal. Fruit bomb with no background. Slightly detergent like. Headache from prolonged inhalation So in this corner Dunhill Desire tends. Only not quite as rough as the Casino Royal
With my mixed taste in perfume, I should think I can put this scent away. Yeah, right. I can. I just don't want to be here. This kind of perfume, however well made, synthetic or otherwise, is not really my thing Just a few hours ago, I commented on a fragrance that simply does it better. And it also costs less, which was/is unbelievable.

Dunhill Desire goes currently for about 30, - Euro. to the price quite ok. Can be done. And I think as a gift it might be suitable. Only as a fragrance to wear by yourself, I think it is too short. Nothing happens that makes it interesting enough that I would like to rummage through the Fruit Punch with my nose
MfG
TheOrange78
Blind buy?
A certain Youtuber had this perfume in a video called "Blind purchase allowed fragrances". So I just put it in an online order. I did not like it at first and wanted to sell it again or give it away if necessary. Then I put it aside and decided to make a second attempt with a little distance. And I must say, now I like the scent quite a lot. The scent has a very strong (red) apple note, otherwise I just use a colorful fruit mix. Antidotte wrote "teak bowl with fresh fruit", and I think that's a good description.

So is the fragrance now "blind purchase allowed" ? I think it's generally yes. But be careful, you get a really intense, almost penetrating scent here. That's probably why I didn't like it that much in the beginning. So if you buy blind, then perhaps a smaller package unit would be better. I had taken the 100ml Falkon because of the price-performance ratio, and I was really annoyed. But now I'm happy about a solid perfume, which is especially suitable for autumn, but should work all year round.
For me a nose flatterer
I would never call myself a perfume expert, in fact I am just entering this world, although I already liked to apply my grandpa's EDT when I was 11 years old. It must have seemed strange to have an 11-year-old running around smelling of leather and tobacco ?.

But now for Dunhill Desire RED. I had seen a lot on the internet and got informed and somehow I felt addressed. So I thought, this should be my first blind purchase! The risk was not big and I had only separated from my beginner drugstore perfume collection
I will not throw around technical terms, because I hardly know any ? In layman's terms, the scent smells soft and sweet to me. For me, the top note smells quite good and in my opinion changes very little, which I very much welcome, because that way there are no surprises. According to surveys, so I asked my wife. Better said I just keep putting my arm under her nose all the time, I was confirmed by her that she likes the scent. So that's half the battle for me. Shelf life is okay, no beast but not a fleeting cloud. I also think that the DNA is quite unusual and you don't necessarily have to go with the flow here, but it's not obtrusive, so Dunhill Desire is a good everyday scent for me.

Many greetings
Daniel

A great off-road perfume
This Desire Red is my off-road perfume, it's what I always wear when I do not want complications, it's my joker, so everything I say about it, will be praise, therefore, I will not say much, just that:

-It is an oriental fresh and sweet, that despite its notes, you can feel a fresh, summer and airy aroma, perfect in any situation.

-It has a certain synthetic vibration, which for my taste is a complement to the aroma, and my taste, at least in this case and in Sculpture by Nikos that share a certain olfactory DNA.

-It is an elegant aroma, seductive, discreet and casual, quite urban and versatile. Ideal for any situation.

The performance is moderate, with an approximate duration of about 6 hours, with a moderate projection, initially more noticeable, but which declines in the first hour until almost flush with the skin.

Versatile more than can be, being a good perfume for any climate or time of day. When I travel and I can only take a bottle with me, it always comes with me, it has a traveling soul like me, hehehe. Very recommended perfume, that I love.

Sorry for my bad english.

Inexplicably nice
This fragrance puzzles me. It smells at the same time pedestrian and refined,a bit tacky but immensely pleasant to wear. I think overall I lean to a positive opinion about this, making me think that Almairac did a laudable and really creative job with not-so-great resources at hand. What puzzles me here is that it took me quite some time to familarize with this fragrance and be able to even just get some of the notes. At first it was just an odd “whole” smelling at once massively generic, yet never smelled before – but I admit I may be just a bit relatively new to this side of “cheapos”, so probably it is just something I am not used to. Anyway what I get at the very opening is a thick, balmy, quite sweet but somehow perfectly wearable blend comprising fruity-powdery notes on a sort of dusty, dry, “greyish” amber and labdanum base. I get something soapy which I guess is rose, and something juicy and green-aromatic definitely smelling like apple. This first stage is quite bold and as nearly any other reviewer noted, quite heavy to the point of overwhelming. And honestly a bit cheap too, but in a tolerable, playful way.

The drydown on the contrary is really good, mellow and subtle but perfectly vibrant even after many hours. It is by far the best part of Desire for me, and it luckily arrives soon and stays there for hours; still “artificially” sweet but more leaning on a gentler, somehow “breezier” rose-wood accord, just scented with a restrained and perfectly gentle hint of fruit, echoing the dry, slightly sour woods of scents like Trussardi Inside Man, and the woody, slightly syrupy sweetness of Escada Magnetism for Men. Also, on the drydown there is a decidedly bolder presence of labdanum and amber with an equally sharp sort of soapy musk. I think I get something aldehydic, too. Again, really synthetic and almost tacky on one side, but inexplicably so enjoyable to wear, even refined. It may be just a suggestion, but I think I get some of the ideas Almairac used with more class (and probably more budget) ten years later or so for Bottega Veneta EDP for women; a really similar sort of sweet, floral, “gassy” dustiness almost “abstract” in its syntheticness. Not sure if Desire may be considered a “good” fragrance, all I know is that it smells really pleasant to wear, and overall quite distinctive and memorable. It reminds me of McDonald’s stuff – probably the crappiest materials around, but still I bet most of us love those sandwiches every time, and still pretty much nothing tastes like that (either in a good or bad way). Much powerful in both projection and persistence, so – use sparingly.

7/10

LicoriceRain
Very Sour drydown, but nice.
I have worn Desire (red) before, and loved the opening, but hated that sour drydown! But now I have learned to *appreciate* that sour drydown because it’s so well-blended, and because I have grown fond of teak, and have really always been fond of lime. But my fascination with sour notes has grown, especially since so many fragrances out there are sweet. But I think Desire is well-blended and VERY unique. And I think I can almost smell cinnamon, although cinnamon isn’t listed in the note pyramid.

Sweet , Very Sweet...
Very sweet... too sweet in fact. Its synthetic smell reminds me of candy apples mixed with a bit of Earl Grey tea. I kind of like the smell of the scent (and love the smell of Earl Grey), but it gets annoying quickly and it is way too easy to over apply and clear a room, severely limiting the times and places you can wear the scent. I think the fresher flanker, Desire Blue, is a much more wearable and likable version. As for this one, I'll give it a neutral due to its nice scent but limited usefulness and cloying nature over time. 2.5 stars out of 5.

TeleraTelera 2 months ago
Bastante versátil, es elegante y fresco. Su duración es escasa en el cuerpo y la ropa. Pero ya sabemos que es EDT
JohnnieShoreJohnnieShore 7 months ago
2000's manly vibe. Seductive yet slighly sporty.
A bit cloying to my nose but I still like it.
Feel like most women enjoy this one.
SejanoSejano 8 months ago
Apple scent with vainilla powdery. Very versatile, pleasant and low cost. A great option if you consider to buy an off-road fragrance.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Underrated scent with a huge versatility and unexplainably pleasant as I usually don't like perfumes with a strong apple note. Recommended!
StarA1StarA1 2 years ago
Fragrance is a mixture of sweet with powder
It caused a synthetic sweet fragrance

Farbe für Fresh :-)
by Vawallpa
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular Dunhill

Icon by Dunhill Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Century by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend (Cologne) by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Indian Sandalwood by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Dunhill London (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Moroccan Amber by Dunhill Signature Collection - Arabian Desert by Dunhill London (Cologne) by Dunhill Desire Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill