Dunhill (2003)

Dunhill by Dunhill
Bottle Design: Franzrudolf Lehnert

Dunhill is a popular perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 2003. The scent is woody-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesGeranium, Lavender, Clary sage, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Iris, Orris root, Jasmine, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Leather, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.03.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

3lbows
You are of the opinion that this was ... ? Or: Earlier, Saturday evening.
Yes, that's a very special, rare one. After I had hoped for something to go in the direction of Dior Homme via the Kommies on Fragrantica here, I had to souken it right away. Only half a bottle was available, albeit at a ridiculously low price. Thanks at this point to Townsend, although you couldn't tell me which batch it was. Why this is important, I'll come back to that later.
How does he smell now? DH is nothing here. But. Dunhill Dunhill is a real gentleman, through and through. Smooth, cuddly, benevolent it starts immediately after spraying flowery-sweet, underlaid with some wood. SebastianO brings it to the point with his Saturday afternoon bathtub. DhDh thus creates a moist, slightly steamy aura, in a positive sense. This is how you feel when you come fresh from a spa or sauna working with high quality essences. Although flowery-sweet, the fragrance therefore has a freshness for me that makes it suitable all year round, although perhaps not for aquatic 30 degrees plus.
What makes him particularly attractive to me is his vote. You may also know this when the individual components of a fragrance are interwoven in such a way that it is difficult to perceive or analyse them separately. DhDh is made of one piece, like a violin concerto or Horizon Zero Dawn. Anyway, handcrafted.
His intention is already heading in the direction of Dior Homme. He plays in the same team, but in a completely different position. Entebaa by Rasasi is already more comparable (also flowery, also sweet, also from one cast, but more feminine), and also Reflection Man (also flowery, also sweet, Drydown but clearly more differentiated and: no bathtub). But before you knock those two over my ears, because they smell completely different: These are definitely no twin fragrances, but very similar characters, casual, unfair flatterers without edges but with recognition value. Once again: Dunhill Dunhill has no twin fragrances for me.
Too bad it's set. Or is it? Two variants circulate in the network: A cylindrical bottle with a yellowish content and the bottle from the Parfumo database (see above). Because Fragrantica is a great place to argue about the performance, I'm a little insecure. But since my bottling process is going well and projects well, I assume that I have the better (older?) batch. But which one is that? Any police station will be happy to accept any information.

Strandpirat
YES I like that, and very much you...schwabschwabidubidu schwabadabadu....warbler
So with these Fragrance brands a la German or Italian luxury car manufacturer, or English football star or Dunhill I was and am always extremely skeptical.

Either they smell cheap, slutty (male slutty), like Puffmutti at her best ;-) or Ludenliquid.

Various innumerable scent samples always turned out rather negatively. I just don't like these scents somehow, so it won't make its way into my bathroom. Until that "brown" Dunhill crossed my path.

I got the recommendation from a good friend at that time, and .....YES, I really like him. Whereby I must say, the sweet accents of the fragrance do not develop so strongly with me at all. I'm more aware of the spicy woody nuances. He's really flattering... unfortunately, I don't own him anymore.

by Irini
by Nyze29
by Smello
by Smello

Popular Dunhill

Icon by Dunhill Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend by Dunhill Dunhill London by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire Blue by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Desire for a Woman by Dunhill Dunhill Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Century by Dunhill Dunhill Pure by Dunhill Dunhill 51.3 N. by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill