Dunhill Edition (1984) Eau de Toilette

Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill
Bottle Design: George Sakier

Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 1984. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums.

Alain Astori

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Mace, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Carnation, Geranium, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesFir, Tonka bean, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Nordleader, last update on 11.10.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Insider's tip
I don't want to go into too much detail, but this fragrance is an absolute classic among the Fougères. Everything suits my taste. I add sage and ambergris to the fragrances given here. So I perceive these, but I can be wrong. But with the low price I think it's a synthetic replacement for ambergris. I already think it's a pity that this fragrance didn't make it into the main stream, but on the other hand it has something good about it, because if you know and appreciate the fragrance, you don't belong to the broad masses and are quite often asked about it. I am in possession of a 7ml sample bottle of the original from 1984 and recently a 100ml bottle of a younger product. Personally, I think the younger version is better because it doesn't smell so "colognig" to me and therefore can be "worn" by younger men. My collection is quite large and I only wear fragrances for a certain period of time because I find it a pity when the mucous membranes in my nose have become accustomed to the fragrance and you only perfume yourself to please others. I want to smell it myself. I don't know why I'm only now getting back to Dunhill Edition, but he's got something special. Can't get enough of smelling me right now...

Dunhill Edition
This review is based on a current version of this Dunhill masculine mainstay. I hope you find my summary useful and thanks for watching.................

Gentleman's gem!
Another fragrance I misjudged at first – it may seem a bit conventional, it isn’t really. Edition (vintage version) is a really pleasant, extremely refined and quite modern gentleman’s scent decidedly belonging to the classiest “barbershop” family, but at the same time connecting to several different inspirations. There’s some clove tobacco and rubbery/leather-ish notes that remind me of some old dark Italian leather fougères like Ferré for Man or Krizia Moods (but with a far echo of vintage Bel Ami too), there’s quite some bold spicy nutmeg which seems anticipating stuff like Cacharel pour Homme and Cacharel Nemo, and there’s finally a really classic and smooth citrus-lavender-mossy/woody structure that brings Edition back to a timeless “barbershop” realm. Spicier and fresher at first, darker and woodier (mostly vetiver and nutmeg) on the drydown, with a silky “fil rouge” of gentle leather and flowers (I definitely get carnation and rose) providing a really palpable feel of mannered luxury and sophistication. So don’t expect any “powerhouse” for sure – this is, or was, probably one of the most elegant British fragrances around. And quite complex too, but the final result on skin is extremely wearable, easy-going, versatile and most of all, exceedingly pleasant. Smoky and spicy, slightly dark, perfectly suitable for both formal occasions and daytime informal settings, the kind of “old school distinguished stuff” getting repeatedly ripped off today by brands like Puredistance, Roja Dove and Clive Christian. Really good.

8-8,5/10

by Guapo
by Bulentbc
by Bulentbc

Popular Dunhill

Icon by Dunhill Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend by Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Century by Dunhill Dunhill London by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Desire Blue by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire for a Woman by Dunhill Dunhill Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill Pure by Dunhill Dunhill 51.3 N. by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill