Dunhill London (2008)

Dunhill London by Dunhill

Dunhill London is a perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 2008. The scent is fruity-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusky notes, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.03.2020.

7.0 6.0 6.0 8.5/10

When I was a student, Dunhill London smelled like luxury to me
If I remember correctly, Dunhill London was only the second or third perfume I owned as a teenager - besides the all-time classic Cool Water. I first came in contact with Dunhill London about 8 years ago on a cruise. At that time you could buy this perfume in the boardshop. I didn't know anything about perfumes at that time, I just liked the name "London" because I simply love the city itself and thought that the perfume might do something. Already with the first sniffing I was in love, the price was cheap and it was bought. But a few months later, when I was travelling again and had the perfume with me, my Dunhill London bottle in my suitcase broke, probably during flight check-in, and left a real mess. The clothes and suitcase continued to smell of the scent for up to three weeks.

Accordingly sad about the loss I had to reorder of course. The fragrance has always left me with a feeling of classic elegance. Dunhill London has always had a certain Armani and Hugo Boss vibe to me, which I still feel today. Although I couldn't make any sense of the scents it was made of, I didn't care. I knew that I would smell good with it, as well as different from others my age.

Even today I still feel this feeling of elegance when I apply Dunhill London. Fruity-synthetic (maybe) green apple in the prelude, which lasts for a while. A light oriental spiciness and a citrus freshness that hints at cardamom give this round fragrance an excellent combination. After three quarters of an hour, the perfume tends to take on floral tones. Definitely white-floral. Gently and elegantly, the perfume unfortunately fades too quickly. I honestly can't feel sandalwood in the base, but a hint of vanilla and maybe a bit of tonka.

Durability of the perfume on my skin maximum 5 hours and Sillage medium. I wish the performance was stronger, the fragrance really deserved that! But I don't want to complain big at this price, because the scent DNA is also great and will appeal to younger men. Seasonally, m.M.n. Dunhill London can be categorized as autumn or spring and can be worn casually or a bit more elegantly. From me there is a buy recommendation and even with a blind purchase you don't do so much wrong. Only those who are looking for something with more performance will not find what they are looking for here. Associations with the often rainy England or the city of London do not arise with this fragrance DNA. You would have to create something completely different. The perfume would have to be a little more old school with a modern twist. But Dunhill has created something modern and timeless here.

As a small conclusion to the story: I had grown so fond of Dunhill London at that time that I used it as my "Scent of the Evening" of my Abiball. The bottle from that time is still in my cupboard :)
7.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Elegant British Understatement
In the meantime I am able to classify the tastes of some of the local "hardcore commentators" and on the basis of one or the other I bought Dinhill London (DH) as a blind purchase. I make no secret of the fact that although I am already in my late 40s, I have retained an alternative, youthful image. Although I'll never be a gentleman in the sense of a cultivated, but quite bourgeois tie, I'll never be a gentleman! :-) On the other hand, I also don't need squeaky colorful outfits and shrill attitudes.

Which means in an olfactory sense: A fragrance creation like Dunhill Icon (which I have also tested), which is probably rightly highly rated, does not match my attitude to life or my style. I can't really get anything bad out of this fragrance, but it plays too much for me in the "Altherren-Liga". Completely different DH, which still stands for about a third of the distinguished man of the world, who nevertheless wears Doc Martens and goes to rock concerts. All London-like, which by the way is my favorite city, so I couldn't resist just because of the name! ;-)

In the British capital, tradition and modernity mix like perhaps nowhere else in the world, and somehow in a harmonious and aesthetic way. In this respect, DH fits quite well, because here a fresh rise, a floral bouquet, a slightly sweet heart and delicate wood notes blend into a successful and harmonious whole. Overall, DH is certainly closer to Chelsea and Westmisnter than to Soho and Camden: elegant instead of garish, quiet rather than loud and convincing in a gentle, reserved way: typically British, perhaps?

by Honk1510
by Honk1510

Popular Dunhill

Icon by Dunhill Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Century by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh by Dunhill Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Signature Collection - Indian Sandalwood by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire Blue by Dunhill London (Cologne) by Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire for a Woman by Dunhill Desire Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill Pure by Dunhill