Icon 2015

Icon by Dunhill
Bottle Design Mark Eisen
Icon is a popular perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-fresh. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette)

Carlos Benaïm

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Neroli absolute, Black pepper, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Provençal lavender, Sage, Juniper berry
Base Notes Base NotesIris, Oud, Vetiver, Leather, Oakmoss

Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Andrew Cooper, photographed by Annie Leibovitz.

MickeyRourke
Fougère perfumes, barber shop scents, spray-on aftershave - the eternal cliché of the old man's cologne
Is it age that makes me feel that fragrances like this might suit me better and appeal more than they have in the last 35 years? As a child I smelled them everywhere, on my father, on my uncle, at the hairdresser. Those droughts are as familiar as Grandma's Sunday pig roast. But is it enough for a scent alone to evoke such associations and memories? Don't you instinctively resist scents that put you in the old man's corner? No, I don't, I don't resist, I don't look at a fragrance from just one perspective, and I don't necessarily want to please others with a fragrance either.

Icon starts off wonderfully fresh. Bergamot, petitgrain, pepper and neroli form a very nice team, nothing about it is overdone, pungent or monotonous. With ease, the team up with the slightly woody, fresh and spicy notes of cardamom, lavender and juniper. Vetiver and oakmoss give everything still a green note.

The skillful interplay of all ingredients makes me enjoy Icon just off clichés and buzzwords. Icon gives freshness, a subtle masculinity, of course, also awakens certain associations, but is still far from being a shaving lotion or monotonous barber scent. For me, it differs positively from woodier and spicier variants of its faction, which should actually increase the circle of interested parties. If a fragrance manages that, then he has in any case good chances in my mirror cabinet and on my skin to land.

Did he make it then? Not quite, only one bottling. But why not, do I end up feeling too young for this fragrance?
No, I don't either. Do I have the fear of coming across old-fashioned at my next Rendesvouz?
No. I simply already have several fresh scents and with Declaration, I found a scent that is not that dissimilar to Icon. He meets with his musk-like notes and a subliminally sweeter note just a little more my taste, and that's all - and enough in the closet.

But I want to give Dunhill Icon credit, because it deserves it. A really nice, fresh, summery fragrance that gives a man that certain maturity and edge.
Anguilla85
The icon could be a pair of scissors
The scissors stands in this case for the hairdresser or the next barbershop around the corner There I've smelled something like that before, as an after shave or similar...
Yes." in the kind", but Icon is somehow different. Better.
A start marked by neroli is replaced by a masculine, tart and spicy freshness.
Actually unique...if it were not for the hairdresser.
The fragrance itself I like quite well but I do not want to smell like barbershop when I put on me a PARFUM. Wear it only rarely.
For all those who like it: definitely grab it.
For this also speaks the durability of 7-8 hours and the decent Sillage.
The bottle is absolutely high-quality and alone the cap weighs more than some 30ml bottles of other fragrances. The point deduction there is with me only for the reason that I will probably write more often times in one or the other review: I do not like it when I can see the fill level badly to not at all.
Firetag
Price / performance monster!
During the lockdown, I made another blind purchase. It was the Dunhill Icon.
After I have dealt intensively with the fragrance and have received good feedback from trusted sources, I have ventured.

I was not disappointed! I was looking for an office-appropriate everyday scent that clearly identified as a men's fragrance. That's exactly what I got.

As a layman, I would describe it as a more masculine Terre d' Hermes. Since I also like the super, I'm also very happy with this!
ICON - Masculine understatement
It was the time before Parfumo when I left Karstadt on Mönckebergstraße with a few fragrances. In my bag I found a sample of Icon. Since I knew the purchased fragrances and specifically acquired, I had not tested anything further in the store.

Short anecdote:

I stopped testing fragrances in the store a long time ago, when I actually already know which one(s) I want to buy. The danger with me is just too great that it degenerates. Like probably many of you, I've sworn off impulse buys. And that's a good thing. Patience is a virtue, but should be mMn in relation to perfumes actually a basic requirement.

Dunhill has up to this point completely passed me by. Too much I had provided this company with prejudices such as "old-fashioned, turgid, boring, does not fit me anyway" and therefore never tested (if at all somewhere times a Dunhill tester stood). So I sat in the car with my bag and since I hadn't tested anything in advance and my limbs were receptive to it, Icon was placed on my forearm. 2 sprays should be enough to change my image of Dunhill. Of course, one scent can't speak for the entire brand, but this Icon was so good from the 2nd second on that I had to really pull myself together not to buy it right away. So over the course of the day, continued to smell it on my arm. The scent was found to be very good and after the sample was almost emptied, a bottle was purchased. Over the months, other fragrances entered the collection and somehow Icon was forgotten. To make room I Idiot even sold it. Why does one do such a thing? My patience then was not that of today. Good that one learns from the one or other mistake also sometimes... My luck was that I had forgotten also the sample. It was somewhere far down in the sample jar. When I was cleaning up the other day, I got my hands on this (leftover) sample. I have rarely been so happy to find a sample and went straight into scent ecstasy. Immediately I was back to that late summer when I discovered the scent. Wow. Rarely have I felt so guilty. Sounds dorky, but it's true. So Icon was ordered right back. Good so, he will stay.

The fragrance starts for me very fresh, spicy, citrusy with a nice pepper note. Not pungent, rather invigorating. It joins quite quickly neroli, lavender and sage. They make Icon feel warm, flattering, cozy. On the other hand, I find the scent very masculine, energetic. I notice the stated base notes less than the heart notes in the rest of the course. Oud I do not smell, only minimal leather nuances and the vetiver is very light, bright and fresh. An understatement fragrance. For me the whole year wearable, only it should not be too hot. Rather with a shirt than a t-shirt, rather with chinos or jeans than with shorts. A certain (age-independent) maturity should bring the wearer. The durability is very good with me and also the projection leaves nothing to be desired. An absolute price / performance banger.

In a way, Icon has opened the door to Neroli for me, but on a selective basis because everything about the fragrance must fit (for me). My current signature scent is Opalon, without Icon Opalon would have passed me by.

Nice how one's preferences develop and change over time - faster for one, slower for the other - and sometimes you have to find your way back to something to experience a certain level of happiness.

Icon smells to me of understatement with a bit of bad boy character.
The plus of self-confidence
The package arrives, impatiently it is opened. The packaging of the fragrance water seems simple, but noble. This is also opened and then he stands there, robust, massive, with a hard shell and yet simple elegance. It radiates sovereignty - a symbol for its fragrance character. The start is citrusy and tart. Bergamot and neroli do a good job. In the later course it becomes woodier and thus incredibly masculine. A fragrance for strong guys. Not meant as a call to turn the inner macho outward - on the contrary. Rather meant as a support to be the best version of himself, to find the gentleman in himself and stand up for himself.

When I wear this fragrance, I feel confident and motivated to tackle the day. It is my absolute favorite fragrance and the only one I have ever bought a second time as a back up in case it is ever discontinued.

He is priced, for 100 ml, between 30 and (sometimes) 65 euros. He would also be worth the 65 euros, but is usually as "Cheapie" to purchase.
Price performance is therefore terrific.

The shelf life is really good, 8 hours he will usually hold, where I can perceive this fragrance throughout and not succumb to the "olfactory fatigue". Meaning: he supports me throughout the (working) day.

End of this song of praise :-)
Michaelmssnr
Super fragrance for great value for money
Dunhill, I only knew him from cigarettes originally. After I heard some positive words on Youtube I wanted to try him. The Sillage is very overwhelming in the beginning, the first 2 hours I take it permanently. But after 4 hours it flattens out again. All in all it is a great scent that is suitable for the masses, but also absolutely unique and of high quality. It is suitable in every situation, but I would rather wear it in summer and spring
I can only recommend it!

Unbelievably good!
I think this one is one of the most underrated fragrances and a true masterpiece, the scent is so good and unique, can't believe it is rated only 7.9. And when you buy this for such an accessible price, simply, a bargain! Longevity and sillage are not that great but still, the scent compensates that all. And of course, the bottle, a separate topic, I'm still keeping it although its been empty for almost a year now.

Dry Manly Sweetness
This scent has a very nice opening and dry-down. The opening has neroli, black pepper and petitgrain. The base notes have oak moss and leather. The dry down is perfect. Not a lot of sillage, becomes a skin scent very quickly, and that's okay. Great for the office or dinner out. I love the petitgrain in this fragrance.

ScentSlave
This one has a great smell;
I feel a lot of similarity to Terre d'Hermes edt in the opening, but I don’t get as much in terms of sillage. MAYBE a 1.5ft radius when it’s fresh. As it dries down it gets a bit sweeter, but still very similar to TDH. When it dries to the middle and base notes is where it really shines best. It softens up a little bit as it sweetens, and it’s GORGEOUS at this point. It also DOES indeed have a good staying power as a skin scent, so it would go well for work/business, and it’s quite inexpensive, so I’m not complaining about anything. It’s another slightly mature, very masculine scent that I have for formal occasions around people that I’m not so familiar with. It’s a nice, fresh, and slightly smoky citrus that you can wear freely, with no worries about offending anyone.
Stylish gentleman
Hello friends,

this time I'm gonna go after Dunhill Icon EdP. Because after a certain time, in which I wore it again and again, I want to bring it a little bit closer to you
I was looking for a somewhat simpler, more straightforward, yet noble and interesting fragrance. A perfume that you can simply reach for and wear without hesitation. Although I - like many others - like to wear certain scents "with pleasure" and others only "with pleasure", I still want to build up a collection in which I am prepared for all occasions and have at least 1 beautiful fragrance for each occasion.

About 3 months ago I told myself that besides my BdC EdP, I could use another "gentleman" scent... xD [...]. I wanted a "quiet" and "silent" representative in my collection and so I went to Turquoise and another department store, where I didn't really find anything. So I searched through various YT reviews and other online sites where I eventually came across the Dunhill Icon series. "Hmm, Dunhill? Isn't that Alfred Dunhill, that luxury goods entrepreneur?", I asked myself (I was quite familiar with that name). Until that time, I hadn't been aware that fragrances were also produced under his name. But after a short google I had the confirmation...
[...].

So I watched several videos of all the icon scents, read a lot about their scents, ratings etc. and came to the conclusion that the Icon EdP could be exactly what I was looking for. (His scents already appealed to me...).
Now the icon series wasn't available in any shops and at that time I didn't know anything about this community (Note: Shortly after buying this perfume I registered here...). So I just decided to order it blind. "At this low price you won't break a leg," I told myself. No sooner said than done. At a well-known online shop I ordered the big bottle...

Full of anticipation I waited a few days for my parcel and could hardly wait to open it. When it finally arrived at home, I opened it and was thrilled by the flacon on the one hand, but at the same time "shocked". It is a rather heavy bottle that could be used as a "weapon" to physically hurt someone or something... xD [...].
(Well, anyway, still very noble in beautiful silver). I opened the somewhat difficult to open lid and sprayed my wrists...
"Mmm, that's exactly how I imagined you, I really like you very much...", I thought at once. So I sprayed myself with 6-7 sprays and went to visit my parents. When I arrived at my parents' house my mother told me: "Today you smell ultra fresh and clean, like a real gentleman. I really like it!" [...].

I spent 2-3h hours at my parents' house and afterwards I met a buddy for a cocktail. In the café I asked him how he liked my new scent and let him smell it on my wrist: "Jo, is good, has something noble."
(Note: None of my buddies is as good with scents as I am; all of them "no perfume people" who simply don't wear any scents... :D ).

At some point I was at home and after about 5 hours I could still notice it on myself, even if only inconspicuously. On my skin it lasts 5, max. 6h (depending on how much I spray), then I have to spray again. The Sillage can be perceived well in the first 2-3 hours, after that it develops into a "skin-scent"
The fragrance opens mega sparkling fresh with a certain spiciness; this will be the bergamot in the combination with the black pepper. But at the same time I perceive something slightly spicy-bitter, for which Neroli is probably responsible. This top note is joined after a short time by cardamom, which keeps it masculine and spicy, and lavender, which not only keeps the fragrance fresh and herbaceous, but also gives it a slight sweetness (that's how I perceive it). However, this sweetness is quite discreet, which is very pleasing, especially if you get the sillage yourself by a gust of wind... Because then this scent is wonderfully beautiful... And the base makes this scent in my eyes (or should I say in my nose:) ) a real gem! Because with the iris and the vetiver, the fragrance becomes slightly floral and delicate again, without neglecting its masculinity. But I don't perceive oud, especially because my nose is not quite as good yet... But overall I find the fragrance development very positive!

Conclusion:
Just what my mother said was my very first impression of Dunhill Icon EdP. A really super clean and fresh, yet noble and reserved fragrance. It suits stylish and confident men who show good manners, politeness and friendliness and are appreciated and respected by their fellow men for their honesty and seriousness.
You can wear this fragrance without any problems during the day and especially in the office without getting on anyone's nerves. I think people in the area will find this scent very "welcome" and comfortable.
MMn it is a super great everyday scent that you can always use if you don't quite know what to use. You can't do anything wrong with it. It is wearable in every season, but it fits mMn best in spring and summer. And it's a wonderful alternative to the Prada L'Homme EDT, because this Dunhill Icon EdP is a true, stylish, English gentleman that should not be underestimated... :)
[...].

So, hope you had fun and can do something with the contribution. And I thank each and every one of you for reading it and make a wish!
VG

Finerthings8Finerthings8 23 days ago
I will take Terre Hermes over this any day.Not a copy but familiar citrusy/vetiver scent.it has very little projection good price though
EstbienlaEstbienla 2 months ago
Scent eau de Cologne cheap. Neroli of synthetic quality, no depth. For example The 4711 is much better quality
RomadyRomady 2 months ago
It reminds me of a hot day at the swimming pool. In a good way!
Dreamy, uplifting, sunny...
BeginswithaJBeginswithaJ 5 months ago
Sophisticated and manly, not unlike Terre d'Hermes but slightly more soapy and darker. Bursting with neroli, juniper, vetiver and peppers.
Shafkat82Shafkat82 5 months ago
This is excellent choice for spring . If you love Neroli , definitely check this out . Good performance , excellent longevity .
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 11 months ago
A fresh and clean, yet spicy floral-citric Spring fragrance, balanced by a gentle green earthy-woody base. Excellent price-quality ratio!
JohnnieShoreJohnnieShore 1 year ago
Not mainstream but familiar.
For daytime social events.
Classy yet a bit sporty
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
It's a very nice scent that causes repetitive sniffing, but it's too bubble gum-like for my nose.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
This to me smells very similar to red vetiver by Montale.... definitely a vetiver heavy frag
Hoban27Hoban27 2 years ago
unique scent well blended citruses, neroli with cardmom but performance is weak a bit , i will wait for the intense version

by Flanker
by Salva
by Salva
Icon Technik I
by TomLavender
Ich konnte einfach nicht anders... Muss immer an Icon denken, wenn ich dieses Ding sehe :-)
by Townsend
by Smellavision
by Kenshin
by Kenshin

Popular Dunhill

Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend (Cologne) by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Century by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Signature Collection - Indian Sandalwood by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Dunhill London (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Moroccan Amber by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Desire Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire for a Woman by Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire Blue O**** by Dunhill London (Cologne) by Dunhill