Icon by Dunhill

AmberScent
20.06.2019 - 12:29 AM
Very helpful Review

An Icon flask with neroli

The Neroli note - or should I say fresh bitter-orange flower note - t's a love/hate scent for me. I love it because the bitter orange smell with the scent of fresh flowers (jasmin?), makes this note intoxicating and overwhelming. I hate it because it lasts pungent for some brief moments and then it's almost gone. Nevertheless It complements beautifully all other citrusy notes - Bergamot in Icon - allowing the original composition to last longer while keeping its true fragrance.
And that's about it. Dunhill Icon has a magnificent neroli opening note. But once the neroli-bergamot accord weakens, it becomes a mainstream spicy fougére fragrance with some woods and herbs. A nice fragrance if you like fougéres. I did not detect any oud.
Does it deserve all the hype it has received? A YES to the flask and the opening and a NO to all the remaining features.

Latest Reviews

AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
I tested again this fragrance today. The overall feeling about the scent remains unchanged. It's citrus fresh in the opening (a load of yuzu), with a fresh, sweet and green spicy development, and the suposed "strong" notes of leather, sandalwood...
AmberScentAmberScent 4 years ago
I kind of fancy gourmand fragrances. When I decided to try some Ralph Lauren fragrances, I looked immediately at the trio of Reds. Polo Red Extreme is the most unique of the three, even if we deal with a linear non complex...