Signature Collection - Indian Sandalwood 2019

Signature Collection - Indian Sandalwood by Dunhill
Signature Collection - Indian Sandalwood is a new perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-creamy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Carlos Benaïm

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Tree moss
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.11.2020.

Creamy sandalwood for dessert
When you are caught unprepared by a scent and are surprised in such a way, it is always like a discovery that you are very happy about.
In my perfume time I could already make some of these discoveries. Whether now by samples acquired in the Souk and voluntary additions of the dear users.
Rarely had I been so unprepared for scent as this Dunhill. As a lover of the wonderful Tom Ford Noir Extreme, I have a weakness for gourmands that resemble creamy desserts.

Before ordering this sample I also thought of something woody. But this combination of sandalwood and patchouli lets the fragrance almost slide into a certain vanilla aroma. It's probably not really vanilla, but the sandalwood is enhanced by the other notes in such a way that the fragrance gets a breathtaking creaminess that is unrivalled.

In between there is always a gentle breeze of moss and freshness, but it gives the scent of a very unusual inclination and a beautiful course.

Even if I only give the fragrance an 8.5, it is still worth a test that everyone should do. The skin-near durability is also not too bad. But when it comes to sillage it is rather reserved and not too obtrusive.
fruity dark patchouli scent
I think the bottles of Dunhill are very beautiful. I don't have this one in front of me, but I know the bottles of the icon collection. They always remind me of my father's traveling toilet bag. Inside were cylindrical silver cans for shaving foam and razors. These flacons also have this nostalgic touch, and the fragrances are also very much in keeping with this association.

I would like to thank Schücha for sharing three fragrances of this series, which I was now able to test. The British leather of this series was unfortunately not available for the time being.
One thing first: I find all three fragrances very successful with their oriental-woody note. I am still too inexperienced to recognize special scents. I will try here to describe the fragrance in my possibilities.

I like the Indian Sandalwood best. I only perceive a citric bergamot directly after spraying. She will be recaptured immediately. Instead, I am soon greeted by the typical patchouli scent: a fruit compote of dark berries, fruits, especially plums with a little rum.
Added to this is the scent of creamy, balsamic sandalwood.
The fragrance does not change after half an hour, it just becomes less intense. The sillage is clearly perceptible, but always remains close to the body. On the skin the scent lasts quite long.
Altogether a very creamy, warm, fruity dark and somewhat sweet patchouli scent. Also here for cuddly winter evenings.

Popular Dunhill

Icon by Dunhill Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Century by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend (Cologne) by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Dunhill London (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Moroccan Amber by Dunhill Signature Collection - Arabian Desert by Dunhill London (Cologne) by Dunhill Desire Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill