Signature Collection - Moroccan Amber 2019

Signature Collection - Moroccan Amber by Dunhill
Bottle Design Marc Eisen
Signature Collection - Moroccan Amber is a popular perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Inter Parfums. Pronunciation

Gino Percontino

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesSaffronSaffron
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 02.12.2021.

Gentlemen's Scent
I am a fan of Alfred Dunhill Fragrance , especially Dunhill Icon edp . later i discovered that , the nose behind Dunhill Icon edp is master Perfumer Mr. Carlos Benaim who also created many hit fragrances and also works for Federic Malle.

Anyway , i had a big expectation from signature collection when first they released 4 fragrances . Then i purchased the official sample set of all 4 . I did not like British leather and Arabian Desert was just Ok for me. I liked the Indian Sandal Wood but Moroccan Amber was a love for me . I love Amber based fragrance and Grand Soir by MFK is one of my all time favorite fragrance.

I kept it in my wish-list and after few days i found it at Discounters at $105 retail pack . But , i did not buy cause the price was high compare to its performance . I could easily pay $105 , if it was potent but the performance of this fragrance is just above average . It stays on cloth for 7-8 hours. After 7-8 months i got a deal on tester bottle at $ 60 and purchased it . The scent is all about sweet , spicy , little fruity ( dates , nuts ) , resinous Amber . And the dry down is more dry woody Amber and little soapy vibe in the background . I really enjoy this . This could be a good office fragrance for Fall & Winter . It could be a g8 date fragrance as well. it reminds me Oud malaki by Chopard but this is more interesting and more depth in it . The Bottle Design is just beautiful . If you like sweet amber type fragrance but not boring , you may give it a try . A very good fragrance .

Scent - 8.50/10
Performance - 7.5 /10
Compliment factor - 7.5 / 10
Versatility Factor- 6.5/10 ( For cold , rainy , breezy weather)
Pricing - 7.5/10
Overall Rating - A solid 7.75 / 10
Parzival852
Slightly fresh fragrance on a woody ground
I think the bottles of Dunhill are very beautiful. I don't have this one in front of me, but I know the bottles of the icon collection. They always remind me of my father's traveling toilet bag. Inside were cylindrical silver cans for shaving foam and razors. These flacons also have this nostalgic touch, and the fragrances are also very much in keeping with this association.

I would like to thank Schücha for sharing three fragrances of this series, which I was now able to test. The British leather of this series was unfortunately not available for the time being.
One thing first: I find all three fragrances very successful with their oriental-woody note. I am still too inexperienced to recognize special scents. I will try here to describe the fragrance in my possibilities.
Now let's move on to the Moroccan amber.
Right at the beginning of spraying, I am greeted by an overwhelming scent of leather, tobacco and smoke. After a short time this powerful impression fades more and more into the background and a slightly spicy freshness emerges. The cardamom makes itself felt. But I also perceive - very slightly - bergamot. The fragrance becomes much lighter. But it is still not a light fragrance. The whole thing is embedded in a warm, soft woody cover of amber and leather.
The scent does not change after about half an hour. He's only getting weaker. The sillage is clear at first. After two hours at the latest only close to the body. On the skin it lasts a few hours.

I really like the smell. A few fresher, spicier notes float on the woody base. A scent for the winter, good for cuddling

Popular Dunhill

Icon by Dunhill Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend (Cologne) by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Century by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Indian Sandalwood by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Dunhill London (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Desire Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Desire Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Arabian Desert by Dunhill Signature Collection - British Leather by Dunhill Dunhill Pursuit (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill