Dunhill for Men
1934 Cologne

Dunhill for Men / Classic Blend (Cologne) by Dunhill
Bottle Design M. Donati, George Sakier
8.2 / 10 93 Ratings
Dunhill for Men is a popular perfume by Dunhill for men and was released in 1934. The scent is woody-floral. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes LavenderLavender Clary sageClary sage PetitgrainPetitgrain LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart Notes CarnationCarnation IrisIris JasmineJasmine RoseRose
Base Notes Base Notes LeatherLeather Tonka beanTonka bean VetiverVetiver CedarCedar
Submitted by TVC15, last update on 28.01.2023.
A re-creation of the scent in 2003 was made by Michel Almairac.

5 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 9
The inner erection.
If I had to describe this fragrance minimally, with only one attribute, and/or one note, I would say: a
ultra dry, infertile, set, bitter, but overripe lemon - the friendly, but determined,
stoically opens the door to a formally different world and time. This door stands in a quiet, noble neighborhood of an old but eventful city in the uplifting tomorrow's freshness or one of the hazy evening moods. It is made of thick, very solid, dark green painted oak wood with six rectangular compartments and a silver Art Nouveau door knocker in the upper third.
Underneath is a shiny metal plate with a name engraved on it, swinging but unfussy. She stands reserved and almost a little lonely there, but by no means uncelebral.
A scent emanates from the door gap, which does not remind of a refreshing towel of the 50/60's, but
something much further back in the British fog.
Something incomparably unsentimental Sensitive, unromantic, yet excellent solidity evoking, almost military friendly. Supremly correct, 100% male, without the slightest sexual innuendo.
Sublimity in its purest form. Nobles understatement on bottles. Petitgrain and vetiver,
steamy covered by strong, unsweetened English pipe tobacco ( who knows Dunhill Nightcap) plus moss
do here the magic of the past empires.
Apicius asked the question: For the man without qualities? I write: this EDC will/was from
Men who acquire characteristics not through a fragrance, but through a not
wonder-original, but masterfully perfected fragrance their very own exhalation(s); that of a formally
other world and time.

Once again I comment on a new Interparfum version ( see Lagerfeld Classic), which gives me a jag fresher
(without synthetic or character loss) and therefore pleases better than all its predecessors.
At least the ones I knew who were "more stiff" by adding oakmoss. Is not always so
my cup of tea. The original original is not yet in the hands, resp. in the nose got, should also
difficult. Good job Interperfume, very good job. By the way, you have here from an EDC an EDT
made - I award 9.5 out of 10 points.
.. Oh britannia, britannia rules the waves.
Helpful Review 2
A classic
I became aware of this fragrance some time ago when I was looking for classic men's fragrances. First of all, what I like about this fragrance is that it is very affordable. I bought 100 ml of this fragrance for about 25 €.
Considering this price, you can get a really great scent for your money if you like the smell of the older classic scents. This scent lasts with me, I always test it on my wrist, one working day. At first, the scent is still projecting, it lasts for about 2-3 hours on average, so that others can perceive it at a distance with about 6 sprays. After that the scent is on the skin and can only be perceived at close range, with the nose directly on the skin. After about 8 hours I can no longer perceive it on the skin. The scent lasts longer, like all scents I have tested, if you spray it on your clothes. However, I am not a friend of it. But everyone can decide this for himself.
So for the price of a good aftershaves you get a very masculine scent, with a good durability for this price. I think this fragrance is good for everyday life, good for office work because it is not too intrusive. For special occasions it would be too little complex and not special enough for me For just everyday situations I can highly recommend the fragrance if you like classic men's fragrances.
2.5

Asphaltblume
Come to daddy: The fragrance of security
My father used this when I was small and I loved it! I even remember the noise the lid made when twisted. You could let it spin and it made a characteristic noise of vibrating glass and bakelite.
When Dunhill couldn't be found anymore, my father switched to other after shaves that were similarly restrained and at the same time classy and masculine.
For me this fragrance exudes childhood security. My Papa.

Drseid
Sacry Bad In Its Current Form...
Dunhill opens with a very synthetic smelling faux lemon, lavender and geranium combo before adding in a very generic blend of cedar in the scent's heart, sweetened by base notes of tonka bean, artificial sandalwood and musk. The scent is quite linear in nature with the artificial lemon, lavender, geranium and tonka bean remaining for most of the entire duration. Projection and longevity are both excellent.

Wow, this one is just a complete disappointment. I am one of the few folks that does not mind many of the Dunhill scents, but this one is so completely generic, cheap smelling, mundane and unoriginal that you may as well put a label "Exceptional for Men" on the bottle and call it a day. For those that are not familiar with "Exceptional" I can only recommend that you do *not* seek it out as it is anything but... and likewise for this "me too" release from Dunhill. On the plus side for bottle collectors, I love the container the juice comes in; I just wish the scent was as good smelling as its well-designed housing. Dunhill gets a below average 2 stars out of 5 and an "avoid" recommendation unless you just want the great bottle.

Date Fragrance For Men
That's exactly what I want to smell on a man on a date. It's spicy, leathery, warm and cozy, slightly animalic, slightly sweet, slightly fresh... and it has everything I need in a man's fragrance. Perfectly blended lavender in a perfect opening and the drydown is pure seduction. That's a Date Fragrance, Mr. Fragrance!
More reviews

5 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
A gem of a strong fougére, florals and a very manly trio - vetiver, cedar and leather. Old school, a bit barbershop but never oudated.
50something50something 2 years ago
Almost perfect. Made in 1934, and still going. This is a mature mans fragrance, a masterpiece. Similar to Versace L’homme to me.
Olfactory60Olfactory60 5 years ago
The current reformulation, although good, is sadly a shadow of its older form.
MikaelMikael 2 months ago
Spicy, woody carnation. Gentlemanly. Takes some time to get used to, but then becomes a good friend. One of the first men's fragrances.
MatuxMatux 1 year ago
Can it get more classier than this? No, it cannot. Love at first slightly for those that do not care about fashion.
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Dunhill

Icon by Dunhill Dunhill Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Blend 30 (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill by Dunhill Century by Dunhill Icon Absolute by Dunhill Desire for a Man (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Dunhill Fresh (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Indian Sandalwood by Dunhill X-Centric (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Icon Elite by Dunhill Signature Collection - Agar Wood by Dunhill Icon Racing by Dunhill Dunhill London (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill Signature Collection - Amalfi Citrus by Dunhill Signature Collection - Egyptian Smoke by Dunhill Signature Collection - Moroccan Amber by Dunhill Signature Collection - Arabian Desert by Dunhill Custom by Dunhill Desire Black (Eau de Toilette) by Dunhill