La Douceur de Siam 2017

La Douceur de Siam by Dusita
La Douceur de Siam is a popular perfume by Dusita for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

May roseMay rose
Violet leafViolet leaf
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
AmberAmber

Submitted by Michael, last update on 20.09.2021.

The quintessential rose
If you are looking for a natural, nectar-laden rose at the height of its liveliness, look no further.

I'll be honest here: I smell nothing else other than rose. To me, rose is generally boring and pot-pourri like.

But La Douceur de Siam is anything but boring! It's a very fresh, very true honeyed pink rose. Completely natural, you can sense that the quality of the materials is top-notch.

It lasts more than 12 hours on me and I could clearly smell it emanating from my arm even though I was wearing a face mask all day. This is quite impressive for a perfume that is apparently only made of rose and does not rely on (obvious) woods, resins or synthetic notes to give it a boost.

I have great admiration for Pissara and I love wearing La Douceur - a masterpiece in its simplicity.

5.5

My first (slight) disappointment with Dusita
I've tried a few by Dusita, and they are all spectacular. This one is puzzling. I'm not sure what roses have to do with Siam? I guess I thought I was going to get something more obviously Oriental in feel, with balsams and spices, but this was like an English rose garden in spring. Clove, vanilla and amber? Uhhhh--where? Nevermind the name and the disconnect with the scent, the perfume itself is lovely if you are looking for a fresh rose scent. Upon application it smells fruity and reminds me immediately of Fresh's discontinued Memoires of a Geisha. I owned a bottle, and they smelled identical at first. But then the soft, pure, sweet rose takes over. It's the kind of rose that is a smaller variety, very pale pink, but sweet. No soapy, potpourri nor stale Victorian roses here. Drydown reminds me of Crabtree & Evelyn's original formula Rosewater lotion. Next time I need a rose perfume, I will turn to this. I still appreciate it, even though it's absolutely nothing like I hoped for.
Siam? What Siam?
This fragrance caught me off guard. When I read "La Douceur de Siam", I immediately thought of Benzoin Siam and expected a dominant ebensolche note. Without looking at the fragrance pyramid, I sprayed.

What I got instead was dominant rose. That's not a bad thing either. Especially since the rose isn't so dominant that it gives me a headache - which can happen with rose scents. I find La Douceur de Siam but quite subtle.

The other notes, especially the frangipani and ylang-ylang, which I greatly appreciate, go down a bit. Also from vanilla I notice - in the case thankfully - quite little.

This perfume will certainly not be my favorite Dusita. Since there are others that rather meet my taste. But he is nevertheless quite beautiful and well done.

La Douceur de Siam
La Douceur de Siam was more challenging for me, difficult to connect all aspects of creation. The name made me wait for perhaps an oriental creation with some well-marked resin -benjoin perhaps, while the poetry chosen links to what seems to me a sense of contemplation brought on by dusk - one that "sweeps the grief into the anonymity of life." I believe this is related, however, with La Douceur de Siam being the perfume that chronologically represents remote times, of a Thailand that no longer exists. So instead of sensuality the chosen flowers seem to balance a more sober and clean feeling with a sense of contemplation. Nostalgia for times that seem perfect is present by the opening, in the choice of a balanced Champaca flower accord - a flower that symbolically expresses the supreme perfection and truth. The Champaca accord seems to capture its fruity nuances with its slightly waxy aroma texture and is beautiful and delicious. Unfortunately it is ephemeral, and makes the transition to a moment of fact a little more anonymous, in an accord of greener, dewy roses and a musk base with light touches of wood.

AllabouteveAllabouteve 5 years ago
A juicy rose surrounded by a tropical garden,warm and alluring.a fragrance as special as its price-tag, I'm afraid!

by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Dusita

Issara by Dusita Le Pavillon d'Or by Dusita Le Sillage Blanc by Dusita Splendiris by Dusita Fleur de Lalita by Dusita Erawan by Dusita Mélodie de l'Amour by Dusita Moonlight in Chiangmai by Dusita Oudh Infini by Dusita Cavatina by Dusita Anamcara by Dusita