Oudh Infini 2016

Oudh Infini by Dusita
Oudh Infini is a perfume by Dusita for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is animal-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesLaotian oudLaotian oud
May roseMay rose
Tunisian orange blossomTunisian orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesBenzoin SiamBenzoin Siam
Mysore sandalwoodMysore sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla absoluteBourbon vanilla absolute
MuskMusk
CivetCivet

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 04.10.2021.

It's the sample that counts: Why I like Oudh Infini after all
I had already tested Oudh Infini about a month ago. Good thing I wasn't here then and couldn't write a comment. Because there I found the scent rather unpleasant. It was the only Dusita I knew with whom I had my difficulties. I had ordered a sample from a big German supplier, because I found the reviews and the scent pyramid very exciting. Animal scents and oud are my speciality.

But what I was offered was not animalism. It was Muff. Just by lifting the lid, there was an extremely musty citrus note in your face. The musty one stayed for quite a while after spraying on, before other notes like benzoin came to the fore and made the whole thing more bearable. In between there was a bit of Laotian oud, musk and civet, but none of them bothered me. The musty citrus smell, on the other hand, caused me slight nausea. My conclusion at that time: That was probably nothing. I did not understand how such a smelly perfume could come from Dusita, of whom I was used to better ones. And there should be a reason for that
Because some time later I ordered a complete sample set directly from Dusita. Of course Oudh Infini was also included. Since the labels on the transparent glass are hard to read, I caught the scent by chance while testing, although I wanted to leave it aside for now.

And then came the revelation! The orange blossom that makes up the citrus scent came across as anything but musty from the very beginning, but wonderfully fresh. I'm not a fan of dominant citrus scents, but I put up with it like this. This is really nice and reminds me of orange trees in summer somewhere warm.

Without question, with time the animalism sets in. The Laotian oud, the civet and the musk make their presence felt. But as I said, that doesn't bother me. Precisely because it is animalism and not muff.

My conclusion now is: I'm reconciled to Oudh Infini and despite the dominant citrus note, I think it's great. The fragrance is freshness combined with - admittedly quite strong - animalism. This is certainly not for everyone. And that's why I would like to issue a warning. You have to be prepared for an animal experience, which is however accompanied by a fresh citrus note. But I like it.

The question remains what was wrong with the first sample. I can only speculate, of course. My guess is that the bottle from which the sample was bottled has been standing around for a long time, perhaps because a sample is rarely requested, and that the orange blossom oil has oxidized. My experience with other essential oils is that they can get musty when this happens

OUDH Infini
I left Oudh Infini at last in my journey of brand evalution precisely because of the most controversial air surrounding its existence. The constant launching of oud-themed perfumes in the marketplace has made people saturated and not very tolerant. It only complicates if such a perfume has a price and luxury positioning - today many reviewers falsely believe that the easiest thing to do is to buy the available agarwood bases in the market and make a creation that emulates the complex and complexion of the resin generated by the infection of Aquillaria trees. This is not only not true as approaching OUDH Infini with such a prejudiced view certainly closes the eyes to the fact that Pissara has been able to maintain here the animalistic aura of the wood at the same time that it makes a multifaceted creation and with a evolution in the more classic and French style of perfumery.

It is interesting how OUDH Infini seems orchestrated around the absolute of agarwood of good excelence, one of those with nuances that refer to barnyard and cheese. As much as these words may sound scary (and indeed they are), there is an interesting care in balancing the elements in the composition while strengthening the richness that makes it an expensive perfume. In addition to the Agarwood, I have the feeling that in OUDH Infini there is an excellent quality of natural absolute of civet and castoreum, which complement the nuances of the note giving it an animalic aura with a certain vintage feeling as well. It is interesting that there is also citrus floral nuances that act in the background balancing the weight that would be the composition if it were composed only of animal and heavy elements. As time passes on the skin, OUDH Infini extends the naturalness of its main raw material with a quieter woody base, where it is possible to perceive the cypriol by playing the oudh at the base in conjunction with vetiver and musks. Vanilla finishes giving a creaminess to the intense animalic tone of the composition and rounds very well the whole work. After passing the heavier and more challenging opening OUDH Infini behaves like a classic scent, demonstrating different aspects of its personality on different days. Sometimes more woody, sometimes more animalic and even with a musky and clean civet scent. It is a very interesting perfume that certainly delivers what it charges for.

growl.
The oud/flowers pairing works in the same fashion that the classic leather/flowers combination does. They amplify each other’s most ambitious attributes. Floral notes take a whip to leather and leather notes give flowers a cold flame. Look at Germaine Cellier’s Miss Balmain or Parfumerie Générale’s Cuir d’Iris. Oud Infini has a similar dynamic. Oud’s sweet rot brings out the decadence of the floral notes and an overt animalism underlines the whole sweaty scene. A lush sandalwood note gives Oud Infini a charismatic drawl that suits the growling animalism perfectly.

The perfume industry has been performing back-bends to get back the prohibited materials that built the business. Guerlain have stripped oakmoss of a single toxic molecule to keep Mitsouko alive as s/he approaches 100. Caches of 80 year old deer musk pods are being unearthed for guilt-free use. Beavers are rufied rather than killed to collect castoreum. Sandalwood has been resurrected. You feel safe that nothing was tortured and the environment wasn’t wounded for your pleasure.

But there still room for a little ‘I wanna be evil’ role-play. Who cares if some civet cats were culled or that using Mysore sandalwood is right up there with wearing sealskin. I deserve the real deal. I Want The Authenticity. Usually we have to follow a vintage fetish to scratch this particular itch but Oud Infini gives us that good-old, bad-old vibe of the 1920s animalic perfumes in a more modern setting. It resists nostalgia by using the contemporary vernacular of oud. The animalism and the luscious sandalwood provide the subliminal touch that brings the fantasy to life.

The fact is that I have no idea what materials perfumer Pissara Umavijani has used to make Oud Infini. Real oud, ‘genuine’ animalics? Mysore sandalwood? I don’t actually care. Fantasy has long been a selling point in perfumery. Mostly it’s a schlocky story used to sell you a perfume: cheap orientalism, Town-and-Country aspiration, sex. Oud Infini doesn’t sell you a back-story. It creates a perfume packed with references to the materials of the golden era of perfumery. It smells lush and decadent. It feels predatory. It creates the set for the drama and invites you to enact it yourself.

from scenthurdle.com

TOPTOP 4 months ago
I tried this perfume from a friend's sample - it's not for me or any woman - it's an unwashed pig
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 11 months ago
A warm and musky oriental floral-woody Fall fragrance, with a challenging animalic spicy-floral opening. Unique Civet and rose-oud combo!
TapirMedardTapirMedard 3 years ago
I do not understand the enthusiasm. No expected depth of oud, too straight flavor of civet.
TaskphorceTaskphorce 3 years ago
Dirty baby diaper, musky civet fur, an animal’s anal glands at the point they need draining, aged cheese & hot halitosis breath. 1/10 rating
Alex1984Alex1984 4 years ago
Beautifully done animalic chypre-oriental, stunning skill! But price is the defining factor. Vintage lovers should try, most would love it!
elinelin 4 years ago
Retro chypre on its halfway to decay with dirty animal waves and sour gasoline rose. Just a bad odor with no excuses.

Auf Ästen schwebend überm Fluss....
by Rosie88
by MrFumejunkie
by MrFumejunkie
by Oudaddict
by Oudaddict
by MarianoNoHe
by MarianoNoHe

Popular Dusita

Issara by Dusita La Douceur de Siam by Dusita Le Pavillon d'Or by Dusita Le Sillage Blanc by Dusita Splendiris by Dusita Fleur de Lalita by Dusita Erawan by Dusita Moonlight in Chiangmai by Dusita Mélodie de l'Amour by Dusita Cavatina by Dusita Anamcara by Dusita