Splendiris (2019)

Splendiris by Dusita

Splendiris is a new perfume by Dusita for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Blood orange, Violet leaf absolute, Fig leaf, Carrot seed
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris butter, Violet, May rose, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla absolute, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Ambergris

Submitted by MonsieurZolo, last update on 20.05.2020.

Too much and too little
Beginning with the positives. It smells like a real iris flower, or at least some of the varieties I have actually smelled. Very soft, plush floral with a vanilla-like sweetness. This part is so lovely it almost makes it full bottle worthy. Maybe one day I will decide it is. I am open to that possibility. Splendiris evokes a similar mood in me as Apres l'Ondee. A chilly spring morning, possibly a little misty, definitely gray. Watercolor vibe. The scent of a real iris flower is soft, thus it follows that Splendiris is rather soft too. I certainly don't expect a fragrance like this to be a sillage monster. Look elsewhere is sillage is what you seek. Splendiris is mostly a skin scent on me, but it's lovely, especially in the heart where I get that pure, powdery iris flower.

Now the (subjective according to my preferences) downside. The jasmine really bothered me. It gave an exotic feel, which made my natural iris flower turn screechy. Also, there is an obvious note of ambergris. Typically I would welcome it, but here it doesn't work with the delicate iris flower. It's out of place. You feel like you're in nature, in a Monet paining; then suddenly the stank of an animal. Just doesn't work for me at all. Perhaps with the rose, jasmine and ambergris she was going for a vintage-chic feel? But it clashes with the naturalistic iris. I wish she had just focused on that beautiful iris flower alone. I also feel that the vanilla is too much, rendering the beautiful iris flower of my imagination a bit cloying. Does that make sense? It's not a cloying fragrance whatsoever (it's the opposite of cloying), but I would have preferred it if I found myself asking, "IS THAT vanilla I detect or am I imagining it?" It's too sweet somehow.

The pure and beautiful part of the fragrance, the delicate iris flower, reminds me so much of Prada's Infusion d'Iris Absolue. At other times I am reminded of Masque Milano's L'Attesa, which annoys me even more with all its floral notes that detract from the iris.

Overall I believe it's a winner from Dusita, and I appreciate it. I did enjoy wearing it and would certainly recommend that iris lovers try it. Splendiris would be smashing in springtime.

EauMySoul
Splendiris is a different take on iris, this time we get the flower...

Splendiris is not the typical iris we have come to expect from “perfume iris”, there is no lipstick vibe, no excessive powderiness, nor that typical dusty, earthy, rooty scent of synthetic orris that has become “iris” in our minds. The heart of Splendiris smells more like the actual iris flower instead of just the orris butter to my nose, especially the mid dry down phase, which is an entirely different scent from the iris root. I get a botanical iris flower with the leaves, created from an accord of orris butter, violet, violet leaf, carrot seed, rose and fig leaf. It smells like a hybrid of the violet flower and iris flower combined, which are both similar in scent, and both can only be smelled by pretty much sticking your nose into the flower. If you have done that then you will recognize the iris scent more so than the standard orris we come to expect in an iris perfume.

The opening of Splendiris isn’t blue-like to my nose, the blue, green and purple notes combined with orange, mandarin and rose, gives it an energized multi colored scent initially. As the notes settle during the dry down, the blue aspects take over and become more prominent and the sweet orris butter becomes more noticeable, and this is when I begin to smell the iris flower recreation. The earthiness from the vetiver starts coming through later, along with some muskiness from the ambergris and warmth of vanilla and it has a sort of waxiness, sort of like sniffing a candle burning nearby. There is no smokiness or anything like that, but like the scent emanating from a candle which is slightly different from perfume. I even get a slight paper like feel, almost like turning the pages of a book near a calming botanical candle.

For me, Splendiris starts out bright eyed and energizing like a sunny morning with flowers opening, and transforms into a garden of soft blue irises in the afternoon, and ends with candlelight under the moon, and irises just outside the window, ending somewhat bittersweet as the irises start to close for the season.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Dusita

Issara by Dusita La Douceur de Siam by Dusita Fleur de Lalita by Dusita Le Sillage Blanc by Dusita Oudh Infini by Dusita Le Pavillon d'Or by Dusita Mélodie de l'Amour by Dusita Erawan by Dusita