AmourReserve Edition - Amour Liquide (2009)

Amour / Reserve Edition - Amour Liquide by EMES / Mémoire Liquide

Amour is a perfume by EMES / Mémoire Liquide for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still in production.

Tonka bean, Madagascan vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by Ghislaine, last update on 28.04.2019

7.5 7.5 4.0/10

Love is a meringue, after all...
AMOUR LIQUIDE is my first foray into the house of Mémoire Liquide. As is my wont, I applied this perfume without reading any of the text on the sample card or in this perfume's profile. My immediate reaction was that AMOUR LIQUIDE reminded me of By Kilian LOVE. Is love a meringue, after all?

I had plenty of LOVE left in my By Kilian sample vial, so I decided to do a side-by-side comparison and discovered that the By Kilian is quite a bit more complex than AMOUR LIQUIDE. Looking at the notes, I see a dearth of flowers in this composition, which probably explains why suddenly I'm finding more to like in the By Kilian, although I had written it off a while back as ridiculous. I'm not saying that I would ever want a full bottle of LOVE, but it's more interesting than AMOUR LIQUIDE.

AMOUR LIQUIDE does smell natural, so whether one likes this perfume is all going to turn on one's affinity for vanilla. This is a minimalist vanilla perfume, to my nose, and it is very, very sweet. AMOUR LIQUIDE might be a good segue to niche for someone who is used to wearing sugary celebrity scents.

Bcars10 20 months ago
There's frankincense in this?! Maybe I smell a bit of that resin, but it's mostly creamy, lush vanilla. VERY warm, cozy, and comforting!+3
6.0
6.0
ScentedSalon 3 years ago
Poorly made perfume with an excellent smell: cheap bottle with flimsy sprayer, scent is extremely fleeting but the actual smell is nice.

by Jasmine87