SoleilReserve Edition - Soleil Liquide (2009)

Soleil / Reserve Edition - Soleil Liquide by EMES / Mémoire Liquide

Soleil is a perfume by EMES / Mémoire Liquide for women and was released in 2009. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Blood orange, Grapefruit, Neroli, Sandalwood, Tangerine, White musk

Submitted by Ghislaine, last update on 21.04.2019

7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Lightly Sugar-Dusted Neroli and Orange Blossom
I decided to try Mémoire Liquide SOLEIL LIQUIDE this afternoon as it seemed like it could be the perfect antidote to the gray, cold, and wet weather we endured for about the past two weeks, with the MIA sun setting at 3pm. Ironically, the sun emerged today to illuminate a fresh blanket of snow on the ground, so there was at least some daylight for a few hours. Bright, white, shiny and sparkling, and a pleasure to watch through the window, from the warm vista of my humble abode.

Upon application of "liquid sun", I detected what I thought to be neroli, orange blossom, and petit grain. So the official notes are somewhat different, but we are really in the citrus floral territory. In addition, however, the composition is rather sweet, so there must be something else going on here. By the drydown, I was even thinking of By Kilian SWEET REDEMPTION, which to my nose is basically sugar-syrup-glazed orange blossom in benzoin. SOLEIL LIQUIDE is not nearly so sweet, but it definitely inhabits the same general neighborhood.

I like it. It's simple but pleasant, natural smelling and not too sweet. I'm finding that the offerings of this obscure house are on a par with the quality of By Kilian, which must be another reason why I keep thinking of similar perfumes from that house while testing these. I don't actually know how much the Mémoire Liquide perfumes cost, but I imagine that it's less than the ones from By Kilian...
5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Sweet and candied citrus
Soleil Liquide is like sunshine in a bottle.

It's a damn shame that Memoire Liquide isn't all that popular. They make some lovely fragrances, all suitable for a slightly younger crowd.

Soleil Liquide is possibly one of the nicest takes on grapefruit that I've found. I usually steer clear of anything grapefruit scented, but this fragrance is sweet and lovable.

It opens with bright and sunny blood orange, grapefruit and tangerine which all have a candied type quality. This fragrance is very Spring-like and happy. It would most likely suit those carefree, cutesy girls that like to twirl their hair around their finger with an innocent grin.

Neroli adds a touch of sharpness in the heart which provides an interesting bitterness, which unfortunately doesn't last for long. The candy aromas tend to take-over, really highlighting this fragrance's girlish charm.

I'm enjoying this fragrance immensely, despite the fact that sweet and/or citrusy scents don't usually rock my boat. Soleil Liquide is a really pretty fragrance for Spring and Summer that I think is worth checking out.

by Ghislaine