Ambre et Vanille (1935)

Ambre et Vanille by E. Coudray

Ambre et Vanille is a perfume by E. Coudray for women and was released in 1935. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Bitter orange, Orange, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Iris, Tonka bean, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.06.2020.

My Amber Number 15

E. Coudray - Ambre et Vanille
The mystery of the cloud.

A ghost escaped from the bottle. A cloud? Stratus, Cumulus, Cirrus? Homunculus!

It is foggy and whispery. And: amber, petroleum; Hei: citric-vanilla-chypry, Hei: powder flower corner; Hei: old-fashioned feminine; Fel: powder and old people's home;

It buzzes and floats. Lux: ball or opera; Plu: lascivious gourmand oriental firecracker; Ger: sweet heavy, pompous; Yat: buttercream cake;

Flo: Poudre d'Orange; And: Heliotrope vanilla; And: Amber bed; Gol: stifling; And: sticky.

Glistening and darkening. Camey: Green raid, big bitter and orange, out of the shadow emerges ylang-ylang, iris and heliotrope. Creamy Armada. Assembled garden scent. Breathtaking floral scent, mini-malic, patchouli-vanilla soap. Gourmand sweet, fruity shower, pool and deckchair. Tonka. Warm sun. Cuddling in a bathrobe.

Cloudless.
ps.: Quotes kindly borrowed from perfume comments.

pudelbonzo
Soft autumn scent with aftermath
The base craved Coudray Ambre et Vanille - and since she lives in the deep deep fir, far away from any civilization, I set off for downtown.

I like to run errands like this, but I have a good reason to visit my perfumery - without any interest of my own.
That's how I sell it to my husband - and he doesn't want to be rude.

Oh, that's where that chump picked something nice!

The sweet orange is juicy to bite in so it spills.
Beguiling ylang blends with aromatic cinnamon - and the scent turns golden orange, like the Indian Summer.
Iridescent heliotrope flashes, powdered by Iris and rounded by Tonka.
Vanilla completes the round fragrance with its sweetish fullness.

Ambre shows maturity and perfection like the mild autumn.

A good choice for the dear Landbase.

I happen to discover musc et freesia from the same label, and I think this is a good sequel to this successful purchase.

This one goes into MY pocket.

Come on "soon in this theater

Old World Scent
Why do I love this so much? It is not my type of fragrance at all. Had I listened to the reviews, I would never have bought this but I am glad I was skeptical. This is a ultra feminine fragrance done in the old style. It is extremely powdery and opens like Chanel No. 5. There is that citric note that usually graces ancient perfumes. Then the mellow amber/vanilla enters the picture. The sillage on this eau de toilette is monstrous. I adore the bottle and the sprayer releases quite a bit of perfume on each spray. The lasting power is fair and I note a burnt vanilla type of drydown which is very addictive. I love this when I am feeling nostalgic. I picture Marie Antoinette, powdered wigs and dainty bottles of cologne. The new packaging that Coudray implemented is very attractive. I believe I will be looking around for some complementary bath products from this line.

by pudelbonzo
by Florblanca
by Daneh
by Daneh

Popular E. Coudray

Nohiba by E. Coudray Musc et Freesia by E. Coudray Vanille et Coco by E. Coudray Iris Rose by E. Coudray Givrine (2004) by E. Coudray Jacinthe et Rose by E. Coudray Esperys by E. Coudray Ylang-Ylang by E. Coudray Camélia Iris (2015) by E. Coudray Rose Tubéreuse by E. Coudray Eau de Senteur - Bois de Rose by E. Coudray