Jacinthe et Rose (1983) Eau de Toilette

Jacinthe et Rose (Eau de Toilette) by E. Coudray
Bottle Design: Thierry Lecoule

Jacinthe et Rose (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by E. Coudray for women and was released in 1983. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesHyacinth, Wild peach, Bitter orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Orange blossom, Peony, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Sandalwood, Teakwood, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.10.2018

7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Coutureguru
"Lollipops and Roses … lollipops and roses" ...
The idiotic title I've given this review is simply a flight of fancy that my brain jumped to while I was doing a little research on 'Jacinthe' … or Hyacinth :). It's the title of a song I used to rehearse to years ago, back when I was a dancer. Hyacinths remind me of spiky lollipops … ergo 'lollipops and roses' …

For some reason I had always assumed that hyacinths were water plants, like lotuses, never having had much to do with fragrances containing this note. Surprisingly, they are bulbous flowers and were once classified with lilies … which, upon smelling Coudray's Jacinthe et Rose, makes complete sense.

I am faintly reminded of Cartier's Baiser Vole upon applying my nose to the back of my right hand, where this little gem currently resides, wafting gorgeous powder and roses in the direction of my nose as I type.
Apparently, Jacinthe is an orange coloured variety of hyacinth … and the top notes here pulse brilliantly with that colour. I assume this is to impart a 'sunniness' to the composition and to me it's the fading light of an orange and pink sunset … soft and glowing. Mature Roses take centre stage soon after … the languid kind of Rose heated by a day full of blistering sun, giving up the last of her deep essence to the fast approaching evening. This is my favourite time of day … when the sun has gone but the sky is still a riot of pink, peach and gold. The solid but serene woody base here, is simply a pedestal for the lingering Rose to be laid upon.

As you can tell dear reader, by the way I am forced to write, Jacinthe et Rose inspires romantic wanderings and would be the perfect scent for sundowners in a gazebo, watching the day slowly fade to night.
10.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Michali
Exquisite, romantic,fresh and uplifting rose
Beautiful Rose and hyacinth with a touch of peach.
My first niche perfume that I still LOVE

Exquisite, romantic, uplifting, not on
the sweet side, not heavy very feminine.

The best E. Coudray to my taste.

To me its an everyday fragrance.
I also have the body lotion
Lovely and fresh.
Update:
Well,this was my first niche
'now I have got to smell some amazing rose perfume
so this one is not such a WOW anymore.

by Zoikgreece
by Zoikgreece
by ElenaN
by ElenaN
by Savanoja
by Savanoja

Popular E. Coudray

Ambre et Vanille (Eau de Toilette) by E. Coudray Vanille et Coco (Eau de Toilette) by E. Coudray Musc et Freesia (Eau de Toilette) by E. Coudray Jacinthe et Rose (Eau de Toilette) by E. Coudray Iris Rose (Eau de Toilette) by E. Coudray Givrine (2004) (Eau de Toilette) by E. Coudray Nohiba by E. Coudray Esperys by E. Coudray Ylang-Ylang by E. Coudray Camélia Iris (2015) by E. Coudray Eau de Senteur - Bois de Rose by E. Coudray Rose Tubéreuse (Eau de Toilette) by E. Coudray Vanille Cannelle by E. Coudray Givrine (1950) by E. Coudray Agua Divina by E. Coudray Eau Celeste by E. Coudray Rose Tubéreuse (Huile pour le Corps) by E. Coudray Rêve Mauve by E. Coudray Camélia Iris (1946) by E. Coudray Bouquet Choisi by E. Coudray