Bois d'Ombrie (2006)

Bois d'Ombrie by Eau d'Italie

Bois d'Ombrie is a perfume by Eau d'Italie for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCognac, Carrot, Calamus
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Leather, Copaiva balsam
Base Notes Base NotesOpoponax, Patchouli, Tobacco, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.11.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

A little child
As a child, I spent long days with my grandparents from the countryside. In fall, when it started to rain, I used to take refuge in a wooden chalet, where there was a workbench with tools, old pieces of wood, mountains of rusted iron...
Bois d'ombrie evokes my childhood: it smells of important liqueurs, aged in oak barrels, with the initial alcoholic blast that warms and prepares for the exit in the humid forest, where the mushrooms are slowly eating the bark of an old oak, and the leaves are becoming humus. But most of all, it smells of old country houses, where hints of tobacco have impregnated the walls year after year, and a now useless scythe is rusting against a wall.
It is impossible not to love a perfume like this, which tells in such an exciting way a piece of my roots. Recommended!
1.0/10

Greenfaerie
I smell like nachos! Ick!
What on earth is this horrid note or ingredient that is featured in this perfume and in Coven that smells like I rubbed green bell pepper all over myself?! I don't get any of the other notes. I smell like a box of nachos with slices of jalapeno on top. I wanted so badly to get the dampness and earthiness that I have read others get, but as I already said, this is green, spicy bell pepper with a dash of jalapeno on me. One of the worst scents imaginable. Repulsive.
7.0 8.0 6.5/10

Tobacco pouches in the 80s
Back in the 80s, we couldn't afford filter cigarettes. The tobacco for turning was stored in a leather case. the leaves in the tobacco pouch. So that the tobacco did not dry out, a piece of apple was gladly put into it. That's how Bois d'Ombrie smells to me. A memory of old times, but nothing I like to wear as a fragrance. Very masculine, in any case. For men with beards and lumberjack shirts. Not for the gentleman in the suit. I'd even like the scent on such a nature-loving guy in his log cabin in the vastness of Canada. I'd find him uncomfortable with a businessman.

LicoriceRain
A weaker, although more pleasant, imitation of Arabie?
Bois d’Ombrie reminds me of Arabie, and other Serge Lutens fragrances, because of that powdery/watery base. I am actually wearing Bois d’Ombrie on one hand, and Arabie on the other. The Bd’O drydown is more pleasant than Arabie, but that isn’t saying much because it is still drowning in watery powder, and quite anemic. I prefer Sienne L'Hiver over Bois d’Ombrie because of its unique olive note, although it’s drowning, too. After about an hour, Arabie is still going strong, but Bd’O has faded into nothing more than a skin scent. Maybe it isn’t fair to compare these 2, but to MY nose, Bois d’Ombrie is a weaker, although more pleasant, imitation of Arabie.
7.0/10

Bois d'Ombrie
really don't like it so much too much smoky and woody for my nose otherwise it seems to me quite linear and boring on my skin
5.0 7.5 6.0/10

A Fragrant Road Worth Travelling
Eau d'Italie BOIS D'OMBRIE opens powerfully with an intense and complex leather, wood, and myrrh amalgam which I'd almost describe as Sergesque. The myrrh, in particular, has a rubbery scent on my skin and makes this seem dubiously unisex, at least initially. It would probably appeal to butch biker chick, but not really to me.

Later, however, BOIS D'OMBRIE becomes much smoother and more inviting to my nose. At this point, I begin to catch tiny wafts of Cognac, benzoin, and tobacco and, at last, a touch of florality, though I wouldn't necessarily have identified it as iris without prompting.

The lovely drydown is definitely more unisex than the opening, and I can understand how and why so many people have fallen in love with this Bertrand Duchaufour creation. A fragrant road well worth travelling!

by MrFumejunkie
by MrFumejunkie
by Odorier
by Odorier

Popular Eau d'Italie

Jardin du Poète by Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose by Eau d'Italie Baume du Doge by Eau d'Italie Sienne L'Hiver by Eau d'Italie Bois d'Ombrie by Eau d'Italie Acqua Decima by Eau d'Italie Au Lac by Eau d'Italie Magnolia Romana by Eau d'Italie Eau d'Italie by Eau d'Italie Un Bateau pour Capri by Eau d'Italie Morn to Dusk by Eau d'Italie Graine de Joie by Eau d'Italie Easy To Love by Eau d'Italie Rosa Greta by Eau d'Italie Fior Fiore by Eau d'Italie