Magnolia Romana (2008)

Magnolia Romana by Eau d'Italie

Magnolia Romana is a perfume by Eau d'Italie for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Lemon leaf, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia, Lotus, Watery notes
Base Notes Base NotesHay, White musk, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.04.2018

10.0 2.5 5.0 6.0/10

Tame Magnolia
People who are tired to sample difficult, hard-to-wear fragrances, come here, get gathered and celebrate MAGNOLIA ROMANA! Soft, mildly sweet kindness is locked in the bottle. A fragrance, which will never offend anybody. I rather would say it a feminine scent than unisex.

Sillage is almost nothing (though I tried only sample vial, without spray), even the humblest person can try it, who does not intend to be loud with his or her fragrance.
Longevity is not bad at all.

I am obsessed with wild and extreme fragrances, so MAGNOLIA ROMANA is not my cup of tea, but I am glad, that this fragrance exists in the world. Somehow its pure and kind existance makes me glad.
7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Scrumptious Green Citrus Magnolia
I somehow continue to be selecting for testing--completely by accident--perfumes by Bertrand Duchaufour. Oh well, so long as he didn't boil any small children to produce them, I have a clean conscience.

I love magnolia, so let me begin by making my position clear. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that my father grew up in the Deep South (Mississippi, of all places). My mother, a Yankee who grew up in Abe Lincoln's hometown (Springfield, Illinois), doesn't wear perfume at all. The Deep South, for all its problems in catching up with the rest of the nation socially, culturally, economically, and morally, has some pretty swell smells, among which is magnificent magnolia.

Eau d'Italie MAGNOLIA ROMANA is a fine magnolia perfume. It opens briskly and greenly, and I'd probably characterize this as a citrus floral before a soliflore, because the neroli and petit grain are quite noticeable. It is blended with the basil and cypress to produce a truly unisex magnolia perfume, which is unique in my experience. MAGNOLIA ROMANA is not sweet (like the Acqua di Parma magnolia perfume, which I regard as a fruity floral), nor is it bodaciously floral (like the ElizabethW soliflore). No, MAGNOLIA ROMANA is a splendid blend which showcases magnolia but in a completely different way.

I'd love to have a bottle of this!

Popular Eau d'Italie

Jardin du Poète by Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose by Eau d'Italie Baume du Doge by Eau d'Italie Sienne L'Hiver by Eau d'Italie Bois d'Ombrie by Eau d'Italie Au Lac by Eau d'Italie Acqua Decima by Eau d'Italie Magnolia Romana by Eau d'Italie Eau d'Italie by Eau d'Italie Un Bateau pour Capri by Eau d'Italie Morn to Dusk by Eau d'Italie Graine de Joie by Eau d'Italie Rosa Greta by Eau d'Italie Easy To Love by Eau d'Italie Fior Fiore by Eau d'Italie