Love & Luck for Men (2008)

Love & Luck for Men by Ed Hardy
Bottle Design: Christian Audigier

Love & Luck for Men is a perfume by Ed Hardy for men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Mandarin, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesAbsinth, Sage, Violet, Cypress
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Oud, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.05.2019

7.0 5.0 6.0 5.5/10

MrHonest
Knock knock. Who's there? Some kid...
Yeah. The first time I smelled Millesime Imperial (MI), I wasn't impressed. In fact, I hated it. Like a salty and sour mandarin gone bad. The first time I smelled Love & Luck (L&L), I nearly gagged. Bloody awful, I thought. A softer and cleaner version of MI, yes, but with nearly zero performance and no salt.

But fast forward a few years, I was sampling the Cuba line and ran into Wild Heart - a clone of (L&L). "There's that damn smell again!" I thought. "And it's even dirtier! Like a rancid bathroom cleaning product. Gross." Nevertheless, I went about my day to the tune of, "someone smells good in here." What?? And then it clicked. I finally got it. I get why women are attracted to this scent - the musk.

My mind immediately raced back to L&L and how it offered itself up as a minimalistic citrus freshie with a super understated white musk drydown. The sillage!! From the body!! That's it! That's the key! Without hesitation I purchased 2 full (and super cheap) bottles of the stuff and the dousing began. 10 sprays, 12 sprays, on the clothes, in the hair, on the bal.... well....you know. And the magic began.

IMHO, it's not about the scent. Basically, what I get is a rather juvenile, uber-synthetic quasi-orange citrus top, with a tiny bit of added piney violet in the mid. No, for me, it's about how that slightly sweet citrus musk combines with my natural body chemistry in the drydown. It hovers in the air, it gently caresses your nose and clings lovingly to clothing. No foul degredation. No heavy aftersmells. Basically, just enough diffuse and understated aroma occupying the air for someone to raise their eyebrows and remark, "who smells nice?"

And unfortunately, in my world, "nice" is all I get. No sexiness, no vulgarity, no hanky panky. Just "nice". But don't get me wrong, the notice is exceptional - better than some of my dense favourites. My guess is that it's the familiarity with all those synthetic citrus fragrances in cosmetic and hygiene products these days that young women rely so heavily on. To put it simply, L&L is reminscent of a citrusy and musky SOAP. But heck, a clean guy is an approachable guy. And for now, that'll do. Yes, that'll do nicely.
2.5 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Clean citrus-aromatic
On the German site, some people really indulge in "Ed Hardy bashing" - taking the mickey out of this (admittedly) not very elegant/tasteful brand. The fragrance is perceived and described as over-the-top vulgar and repulsive. Well, I don't agree. "Love & Luck" is an average generic citrus aromatic done in the style of many other popular sport fragrances. Headnotes are very citrussy, afterwards the scent evolves into the woody aromatic category with cypress and vetiver. I don't perceive any oud in this scent (as mentioned in the pyramide). And there are hardly any spices in this fragrance (cardamon - where are you?).
"Love and Luck" is a clean, everyday scent for people who like the aromatic freshness of citrus. As I said, the fragrance is a bit generic, but it's not as bad as those who are put off by the bottle design and the image of the brand make it.

Carlitos01 15 months ago
Not enough love and barely some luck. This is an inexpensive synthetic look-a-like of Creed's Milesime Imperiale. The bottle is quite tacky.+3
5.0

by Acamara
by Dernamenlose
by Dernamenlose

Popular Ed Hardy

Love & Luck for Men by Ed Hardy Ed Hardy for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Ed Hardy Love & Luck for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Ed Hardy Ed Hardy for Men by Ed Hardy Hearts & Daggers for Men by Ed Hardy Hearts & Daggers for Women by Ed Hardy Villain for Men by Ed Hardy Villain for Women by Ed Hardy Born Wild for Men by Ed Hardy Love is... for Men by Ed Hardy Born Wild for Women by Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him by Ed Hardy Love & Luck for Women (Solid Perfume) by Ed Hardy Ed Hardy for Women (Solid Perfume) by Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Her Limited Edition by Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Him Limited Edition by Ed Hardy Love is... for Women by Ed Hardy Skulls & Roses for Her by Ed Hardy