Iris Poudre by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle
Bottle Design: Frederic Malle

Iris Poudre is a popular perfume by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle for women and men and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Carnation, Orange, Rosewood, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesAldehydes, Jasmine, Magnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Violetta rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Ebony, Iris, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.09.2019

Cold Sharp Tart
This is one seriously sharp 'fume'. I think 'cold' is also appropriate; but it is sharp before it is cold, to my mind. And would this be classed as a ~chypre~? I would classify it thus - it is tart in that way chypres have of being so, and which indeed ^defines^ them. And shrill also - I think 'shrill' is ^the^ word that preëminently cometh-tæ-mind in connection with this - and bright ... dazzlingly bright.

... a few hours later (following day infact) ...
It's light - not in the sense of potency, but more in the sense of being of a light bright transparent sort of nature. Broaching analogy if music, it's primarily high-pitched notes. ^Very^ sharp & tart it is - takes those qualities to quite an extreme.

And it is ^a^ tart also - a right little tart! It's naughty & rude & lewd in that peculiarly excruciating way that irisy 'fumes have of being those things. It's very similar infact to ~Bruma~ by Trudon; although that one's rather woodier, I would say, and not so sheerly shrill & bright; but it shares that rudeness I speak of to a similar degree.
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

SuzanneS
Iris Poudree is lovely...and Im not even an Iris fan.
Iris isnt one of the notes I usually go gaga over. It has an austere coldness that makes me a bit disturbed in general. When I tried Malles Iris Poudree, I was pleasntly surprised about its deftness, care and use. If Iris is your game, you need to check this one out. Im not sure it gets better than this.

Undercover agent
Iris Poudre has been compared to Chanel No.5 more often than I care to remember, but save for the fact that they are both intensely aldehylic florals, the resemblance stops there.
Iris Poudre is a timid, subtle fragrance, slow to develop and unlike No.5 which smells instantly recognizable on any skin to any nose, it does a fantastic job in using the wearer's chemistry to become a very personal and unique fragrance.
On a friend of mine, I.P is all carnation and iris. But on me, it's Iris, Musk and Sandalwood.
The scent starts out cool and reserved, and for many, stays linear the whole time. On my skin, it's a blast of aldehydes that settle into a powdery veil and very, very slowly warms up throughout the day.
Reminiscent of a cool, overcast day with gusts of warm, balmy air, a bit like the weather pattern precursor to an evening storm.
Beautiful and introverted.

Lexa 3 years ago
For those who don't like iris(myself included) this is a beautiful,creamy,not earthy,not papery,not chalky iris scent.I actually love it.+4

Parfumfoto aus verlassenem Haus