Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle
Musc Ravageur is a popular perfume by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle for women and men and was released in 2000. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Maurice Roucel

MuskMusk
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.09.2021.

Dirty animal
Fragrance has a nice vanilla paired with animalic scent. It is different from mainstream. I think musk is what I smell. It's interesting you just want to keep smelling and not stop. It is addictive because it is so animalistic a scent that triggers WTF the hell. A fragrance for all who like the animalic coupled with sweet vanilla. It is not a crowdpleaser rather for from 25Jahre or 30 years audience. GeeigneT for a sensual date, curiosity arousing
Aphrodisiac
I had gone in search of olfactory excitement and adventure. Flowers and sugar alone had somehow become boring to me. I wanted more.

You were my first encounter of the animalistic kind and I have to admit, I didn't really pay attention to you at first. There was namely another rival present, which attracted my attention. But I had to realize that was unfortunately only hot air.

I gave you a second chance and there it was done around me. I hold you in my hand and smell you. You are so spicy and sweet, I want to taste you. I let you touch my skin and you immediately melt into me. Your sour spice wraps itself around me like a seductive sultry veil. Together with my sweat creates a seductive scent that gives me a feeling of desire.

Your masculine power underlines my femininity. I need to smell me, again and again. You do not give it to me brutally in the face, like some of your colleagues. You seduce tenderly and yet with a clear language. You make me want it. You are a true gentleman and know what is appropriate. You do not disappear again after a short time and make yourself away. No, you stay the whole day gently near me.

@!*

That's pretty much how I feel about Musc Ravageur. I love it!!!

At the beginning I could not estimate its effect, but one should not test two fragrances at the same time ;-). It's citrusy-cinnamony-spicy with a nice animalic musk note that actually feels like a second skin on me. Wearable year-round for me.

Find it absolutely unisex. Would also like to smell the on a man;-) He holds with me also really many hours, actually the whole day. The beauty is that the musk is clearly perceptible, but not a sledgehammer in the face culls.

Oh, what am I talking about: guys, this is just REALLY sexy! And men: Wear again more Animalik ;-)
Supersegi
Baby powder to bite into
Musc Ravageur is a really weird mix of baby powder that smells delicious to me.

So full-bodied you really want to try it, but somehow as a perfume too much like "vanilla kisses", the girl-deo from 7th grade gym class in the 90s.

Gourmand and dense vanilla don't really go for me, but this one theoretically does. Practically, I was asked why I smelled like baby oil.

Has certainly its lovers. On me but not
Animal
Have bought the perfume only recently. Am eig satisfied. BUT unfortunately richt, it on my skin, very animalistic (until 1h after application). This I do not like sooo well. However, after the first hour comes a very pleasant vanilla note. This holds itself damn long and richt really very good!!! Therefore, the perfume is, for me, solid! Whether it is worth the price, everyone must decide for themselves. Personally I don't know if I will keep it.... If it were cheaper, it would be a resounding YES. It will probably leave my collection at some point...

Musc Ravageur

The time is here,
The moment,
now.
Dirty cinnamon dream ?
This is the fragrance that actually makes me despair.

On the one hand, a truly wintry-sweet cinnamon vanilla dream, with fine spicy nuances.

On the other hand, a dirty musk-patchouli scent, which reminds me partly of a horse saddle.

This fragrance is so penetrating and at the same time so greadlinig, as I have rarely perceived it in a fragrance.
Also the reactions resemble a roller coaster, I have yet from "wonderful" to "disgusting" almost everything possible as a response received...

Nichtdestotrotz is this fragrance what very special, which I do not want to miss.

As a suitable carrier I imagine a guy who implements his ideas and desires brachial.

Perfumes as a hug
A very unique creation which still holds the ultimate bench markt for musc bases fragrances.

Its warm, embracing and alluring. This is touted as the ulimate sexy warm musk and I cant deny that statement. This is a warm cashmere blanket in front of a fire whilst drinking spiced chai. Wood and sweetness. Pure heaven - a hug in a bottle.
My second skin
After a long time I decided to write a comment once again.
Finally, this fragrance contributes to me to take the time to describe the fragrance and bring you closer. Please take into account that I describe the fragrance from my point of view and as everyone knows not everyone takes a fragrance was the same.
For me, this fragrance is not as masculine as some say and it also does not describe the pure masculinity. Musk is long not only a "men's DNA" which is why I find the woman and man can wear this fragrance very well
The fragrance begins with a whole load of musk and drifts into a vanilla / cinnamon DNA where the musk in the undertone is always perceptible. The scent remains constant and you can look forward to hours of this feel-good cuddly scent. Vanilla / cinnamon should not lead you astray but here the two components are very subtle and not slaying. Find this blend very pleasant and very wearable. I have not tried many musk fragrances and can probably count them on one hand but the Musc Ravageur is for me quite clearly at number 1 then comes long nothing and then comes the original Musc.
The sillage is very restrained maybe it gives the fragrance that certain magic and mystery, whereas I love it when my fragrance blows everyone away. It sounds a little selfish but I wear these fragrances for me and still want to perceive my scent even if the last neurons in my nose have given up. ?
The durability is good. In the morning on Tshirt spray and evening still skin close perceive. Where even this may be quiet a little stronger but this is a matter of taste.

I regret it now only 40ml to own, should have bought in the Sharing but rather 60ml at least. Should it come again to a good offer for the 100ml I will immediately strike and keep my restflakon nevertheless.

Is it a signature fragrance?
I honestly don't have one even if I did put one down. I'm playing with scents and don't want to commit to one.

But Musc Ravageur would be the candidate I would enter first as a signature scent in the meantime.
I hope I could explain the fragrance to you a bit even if I can not describe every single component in detail.
Thank you for reading dear Parfuma and Parfumo.

Ptsau
A masterpiece from Frederick Malle!
It is a masterpiece and very unique. I was only ok when I first smelled it on a paper but magic happened when I sprayed it on my skin. The 30mins opening was nice but when it dried down to the mid notes, it was intoxicating then I fell in love with it. It’s the one that I would always keep it in my collection. People said it’s better for winter because it’s so beastly but I wear it all seasons. Probably my skin chemistry tone down the fragrances a little. I don’t think it’s too loud. I actually don’t really define my perfumes by seasons (I wear the all day all seasons) except 1 or 2 that is really beastly even on my skin.
Wow wow wow on the 2 nose
When I tested Musc Ravageur for the first time I was not at all enthusiastic, I thought it was old-fashioned and looked more like a man in his mid 60s(sorry) then I gave it another 2 chances (for whatever reason) and Zack no idea why but now I am addicted to it and can't stop wearing Musc Ravageur, it is just wonderfully warm and spicy and gives me a wonderful feeling and brings me many compliments. So if you didn't like Musc Ravageur the first time, please give it another 2 chances and maybe you will feel like me

NicSealNicSeal 3 months ago
Modern Classic. Musky, animalic, and smells of Christmas time. Oddly comforting & I appreciate it's uniqueness. Mildly daring too.
Blako11Blako11 4 months ago
Una compra a ciegas. Al principio no la entendí, despues comprendí la magia y dulzura que desprende esta fragrancia en tu piel.
MrLawmanMrLawman 4 months ago
A complete masterpiece. So warm, dense and seductive. Overload of clove and cinnamon which are laid down on a vanilla bed.
MariaSMariaS 7 months ago
On me it started as a male after shave lotion very citrusy, sweetened with time and ended up to an animalic patchouli scent. Didnt say wow!
EstbienlaEstbienla 9 months ago
Popular perfume for nothing.. very discreet, very medium odour. I had to strengthen it with its shower gel and again... nothing
HugoMontezHugoMontez 9 months ago
Great smelling fragrance. A classic already. Not a masterpiece but a good signature scent if you love vanilla and Musk. Pretty linear. 4/5
Finerthings8Finerthings8 9 months ago
It is bit scary at the beginning.it has animalic touch but thats created by spices.it dries down to dirty vanilla and patchouli.Good stuff
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
After a pronounced spicy-fresh opening, this slightly animalic, yet powdery-sweet Oriental fragrance settles to a warm resinous-woody base.
AldestAldest 1 year ago
Amber/vanilla/musc not so animal...
Labdanum (le Labo) is ten times more sexy to my nose
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
It smells like my fluffy cat after I gave him a bath with vanilla shampoo. Addictive and cozy.

by Annabraucht
by Pedr0o
by Rodin
by Rodin

Popular Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle

Portrait of a Lady by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Bigarade Concentrée by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle The Moon by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle French Lover / Bois d'Orage by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Monsieur. by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Vétiver Extraordinaire by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Iris Poudre by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle L'Eau d'Hiver by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Une Rose by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle En Passant by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Dries Van Noten par Frédéric Malle by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Le Parfum de Thérèse by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Lipstick Rose by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Noir Epices by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Eau de Magnolia by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle The Night by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Une Fleur de Cassie by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Promise by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Angéliques sous la Pluie by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle