Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle
Musc Ravageur is a popular perfume by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle for women and men and was released in 2000. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Lavender, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Vanilla, Musk
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.01.2021.

My second skin
After a long time I decided to write a comment once again.
Finally, this fragrance contributes to me to take the time to describe the fragrance and bring you closer. Please take into account that I describe the fragrance from my point of view and as everyone knows not everyone takes a fragrance was the same.
For me, this fragrance is not as masculine as some say and it also does not describe the pure masculinity. Musk is long not only a "men's DNA" which is why I find the woman and man can wear this fragrance very well
The fragrance begins with a whole load of musk and drifts into a vanilla / cinnamon DNA where the musk in the undertone is always perceptible. The scent remains constant and you can look forward to hours of this feel-good cuddly scent. Vanilla / cinnamon should not lead you astray but here the two components are very subtle and not slaying. Find this blend very pleasant and very wearable. I have not tried many musk fragrances and can probably count them on one hand but the Musc Ravageur is for me quite clearly at number 1 then comes long nothing and then comes the original Musc.
The sillage is very restrained maybe it gives the fragrance that certain magic and mystery, whereas I love it when my fragrance blows everyone away. It sounds a little selfish but I wear these fragrances for me and still want to perceive my scent even if the last neurons in my nose have given up. ?
The durability is good. In the morning on Tshirt spray and evening still skin close perceive. Where even this may be quiet a little stronger but this is a matter of taste.

I regret it now only 40ml to own, should have bought in the Sharing but rather 60ml at least. Should it come again to a good offer for the 100ml I will immediately strike and keep my restflakon nevertheless.

Is it a signature fragrance?
I honestly don't have one even if I did put one down. I'm playing with scents and don't want to commit to one.

But Musc Ravageur would be the candidate I would enter first as a signature scent in the meantime.
I hope I could explain the fragrance to you a bit even if I can not describe every single component in detail.
Thank you for reading dear Parfuma and Parfumo.

Ptsau
A masterpiece from Frederick Malle!
It is a masterpiece and very unique. I was only ok when I first smelled it on a paper but magic happened when I sprayed it on my skin. The 30mins opening was nice but when it dried down to the mid notes, it was intoxicating then I fell in love with it. It’s the one that I would always keep it in my collection. People said it’s better for winter because it’s so beastly but I wear it all seasons. Probably my skin chemistry tone down the fragrances a little. I don’t think it’s too loud. I actually don’t really define my perfumes by seasons (I wear the all day all seasons) except 1 or 2 that is really beastly even on my skin.
Wow wow wow on the 2 nose
When I tested Musc Ravageur for the first time I was not at all enthusiastic, I thought it was old-fashioned and looked more like a man in his mid 60s(sorry) then I gave it another 2 chances (for whatever reason) and Zack no idea why but now I am addicted to it and can't stop wearing Musc Ravageur, it is just wonderfully warm and spicy and gives me a wonderful feeling and brings me many compliments. So if you didn't like Musc Ravageur the first time, please give it another 2 chances and maybe you will feel like me
Floddel
Interesting companion that comes in three robes.
This fragrance is really fascinating. On the Internet or in the perfume community in general, there are some ominous stories about this fragrance. I have heard and read a lot. From smells like urinal and cat urine up to smells like a cinnamon snail in the bakery everything was there.
So I bought the fragrance or "this legend" myself in order to improve my perfume-technical skills, to get a little bit out of my comfort zone and maybe find a perfume that still appeals to me in the end.
Conclusion when wearing this perfume: It comes around the corner on my skin in three different variations. Either extremely spicy and cloves, gourmand or interestingly masculine animalistic. Strangely, I find it strange that this doesn't vary in a fragrance progression as usual, but comes in a completely different guise depending on the day. I like all 3 variations very much and can arrange and make friends with them. In any case it is a very interesting scent and an experience. If you want to smell like this, everybody has to test and decide for himself but I am glad to own it.
I would have liked to test the old formulation with the matt lid. This one is said to have been even more musky and animalistic
Genital uh genius beeswax atomic bomb - Comment on your comments! :D
I have been fixed by Musc Ravageur from several pages:
o Many positive comments
o One of the top-rated fragrances of the house
o Should smell a little like Égoiste (Chanel)
o durations seen with Fragrance Instagrammers & YouTubers
o Other Malle compositions have also pleased me qualitatively
o I like sweet scents

So I dared him to call Perfume Sacrilege: The... Blindbuy! :D

I must also honestly say that I think you test and feel a perfume differently if you only have a sample and not the bottle.
Well, I think you just get more into it when you have "married" the bottle.

And perfumes which I give a high chance that I like them especially, I gladly give this try. :)

Musc Ravageur.
But as tender and innocent as some have described this fragrance, I miss the mark completely... Opinions are individual, and I respect yours! But I take the liberty of quoting your explanations to frame the picture around this fragrance a little bit Please take it with a pinch of humor, it may be a little overdrawn, but it reflects my surprise when testing MR quite well.

"The top note is silent."
>> The top note is still???? The top note is as still as when I climb on a Lego brick barefoot. "D" that finishes you in seconds,like buster douglas back in the day mike tyson. (He was never the same after that...)

"Is that macho? Hello! Is that a scent that women should wear? If they want to smell like they shave their chest hair every day, maybe."
>> Is that beeswax? Why, hello! Is that a scent someone should be wearing? If you want to smell like a dessert with five kinds of sugar. Is an authentic creme catalana clone! With coke!

"Over 18"
>> Yes, but maybe even over 80... with age the sense of smell decreases a little bit, but it's nice when the vanilla candle is so strong that you can still smell it well. :)

"Erotic. Dirty. Male."
>> 80 year old in a negligee, I just say oh jemmineh!

"Proud sexyness but with French elegance - unbelievably sensual fragrance. Quick and close to the skin. A masterpiece. Sensual perfection."
>> Horny, but a six in bed. Comes at the first touch. Exuberantly sweet, detached from any sense of aesthetics. Incredibly brute scent. My nose is saturated all day long even though I only (!) sprayed on my forearm!!!

And sensual? As sensual as the male sexual characteristics of a goat maintained by honey. Dangled right into your face.

"Like warm breath in my hands"
>> Like warm honey from Meck-Meck's loins.

"Perfectly matched with sweetness"
>> Just tried to drink a bottle of maple syrup on ex to counter something "harsher".

Now, seriously, maybe the one or other explanation was a little overdrawn.
But it's really not that I'm a complete beginner, I've "enjoyed" many a cowshed oud on my dry skin and thought to myself, "you can do it, but you don't have to".

But this is really more of a work of art that wants to challenge.

Ravageur, dictionary: harmful, devastating, destructive.

I think I would have wished to get an Égoiste-like perfume here, which might have an interesting twist and appeals to me even more. That's maybe a little more sensual, and a little more modern.
But still something that you can wear every day without thinking much, which is a bit like a no-brainer, but still special.

And as I said, MR is not like that from my point of view, although I am completely free of pain, I will certainly do it casually as well! :D But it's more like standing in the subway with a 2x1 meter Van Gogh picture ("The Scream") and pretending that nothing is wrong... you will attract attention, many positive, some negative, but hardly anyone at all!

As for the masculine aspect, selfishness is more masculine to me... more chest-hairy :D But it's masculine in a different way, so it has this classic green masculine, a rough way, but nicely rounded, which is what I love about it. So that it doesn't get on your nerves It is much easier to wear than the ravageur, which generates masculinity (or let's say hormone charge, I am convinced it works equally well for all sexes) through musk.
But musk that is surrounded by so many sweet nuances, that it smells almost too little like musk, and too much like sweet.

For example, I find Narciso Rodriguez "Musc for Him" (EdP) more interesting somehow. It's a bit like pouring it into a bottle with Kilian's "Back to Black"...

So, I'll just leave it at that. I would test this fragrance if I were you, it is definitely an experience! :D
However, I recommend a small tester rather than a bottle... at that price, you gotta know what you want, or you're gonna have a slight roof damage. *Cough* :)

Meck Meck.

Smellavision
An explosion of cloves and cinnamon!
Again, like in other FM perfumes, this scent has a very "french" feeling to it, it is almost like the guerlinade, kinda difficult to put your finger on. If you're not a fan of cloves, this is not for you - fortunately, I like 'em.

The overall impression is oriental, balsamic, spicy, ambery and full-bodied. All in all very rich and deep with the cinnamon enveloping you in a blanket of clovey warmth. It opens with bergamot, lavender, cloves and musk and as it goes through the heart and drydown it's taken over by vanilla, tonka, cinnamon and amber - the musk is mostly showing in the opening and it is slightly dirty or animalic, as if there was a hint of civet injected. I also find a slight resemblance to the drydown of the original A-Men but with less patchouli I think.

Great sillage and exceptional longevity, this is potent stuff indeed - very well blended and composed. As a funny side note, like I've experienced with other FM scents, this one has a christmas-y feel to it as well - I think it would work great for a holiday get-together with family or friends, probably due to the cinnamon and cloves. Highly recommended, but try it before you buy, as I can see it as a polarizing scent.

Musc Ravageur: A Perfume Titan
Every now and then, there comes a fragrance that shakes the perfume world and redefines the rules. Rules once applied, no longer work. Such is Musc Ravageur.

Here are my quick five takes on this bad boy:

1.A masterpiece fragrance

2.Spicy/Gourmand/Oriental creation

3.Comes from the brand that promotes perfume artistry

4.Created by Maurice Roucel

5.Best for experienced fragrance enthusiasts over the age of 30

It's the kind of fragrance that every serious fragrance lover should at least try once in a lifetime.

If you are interested in my perfume work, you can find me on the web and social media under the Scent Grail name. Cheers.
Cuddly animal skin
The first thing you can perceive is an intense and powerful refreshingly sweet fruity note, which is underlined by a light Mediterranean herbaceous and lemon-peel scent, giving the top note a velvety softness and I suspected tangerine, lavender and 'lemon' instead of bergamot.
A little later the very discreet hint, which is already perceptible at the beginning, has developed into an intense and well-situated markingly animalistic appearing note, smelling of warm depths and its skin, seeming wild from the deep inside and coming from musk.

The musk is accompanied by a slightly dry, sweetly spicy, typically cinnamon nuance in the background, which in my opinion gives the top note a pleasant volume and I suspect the use of Ceylon - cinnamon.

These two notes are surrounded by a beautiful sweet balsamic, subtle resinous note, which gives the fragrance a pleasant creamy powdery aura and I suspected Spanish Labdanum instead of Amber
In the last 4 hours, the animal skin and its skin has retreated a little without losing its apparent effect and gives way in very gradual strokes to an incredibly thick, almost crinkly appearing, after homemade warm Tahitian vanilla pudding scented note and is led by very fine, sweet clear creamy wooden sandalwood and musk nuances to a very soft, smooth and pleasant finish
Altogether the fragrance lasts 9.5 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the start to be 4.5 hours on a clearly perceptible whole arm length before it is minimized in quiet steps until the fragrance has faded.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Honk1510" for the sample.
Kittens
Funny how different scents are perceived. I've been wearing Musc Ravageur all morning and am still waiting for the animalistic, the dirty. What I've got is an elegant, warm vanilla-cinnamon-clove-ceder scent with a slightly citric top note, very pleasant, maybe more for the evening and for colder climates, but not necessarily. Absolutely unisex. A drier, slightly more masculine Shalimar minus incense plus lavender. Recommended for men who like Shalimar but don't dare because they think it's too feminine, for women I would suggest alternatively (a vintage) Shalimar. If you are looking for what is promised here for Musc Ravageur, the hypnotic musk smell of warm skin, you will find it in a very pleasant and also not overwhelming way in Roucel's Dans Des Bras. DAS is also not a stable, but very sexy
Over Achzehn
Sorry, it gets dirty. I can't help it. To all those who do not want to permanently damage their image of me as a sensitive fragrance poetess, which is only just being built: click this away! And to the remaining intrepid ones: Look over your shoulder, who else might be reading along. Send your children to play. And accept my sincere apologies, because I really can't help it This is entirely the fault of Maurice Roucel, who, without warning and without a leaflet, throws a fragrance like Musc Ravageur onto the market. Ravageur, devastating... yes, indeed He must have embezzled something in the olfactory pyramid; my guess is testosterone and oxytocin, two hormones, the first of which ensures that men behave from time to time in a way that we women find completely understandable, completely mysterious from a male point of view, and that we alternately demand or accuse them of depending on the situation.
Second, the Oxitocin in turn makes us want to bury our noses in the small dimple over the collarbone of our counterpart and not want to leave it again so quickly.
Of course, one is not warned of this. Instead, one is presented with a hypocritical pyramid of scents: Bergamot, of course. Lavender is also supposed to be in there.
In fact, above all and primarily, there is a suspiciously large amount of musk. You remember that passage with the testosterone? There you go, there you have it. This musk is completely shameless; however, vanilla and cinnamon, the two sweet cuddly scents from childhood, accompany it and combine so cleverly with the sheep's stallodeur that we are unable to resist. Sandalwood provides a warming sense of well-being, and is velvety soft.
Is that macho? Hello! Is that a scent that women should wear? If they want to smell like they shave their chest hair every day, then maybe.
But this one goes out to all the women who, at the sight of their clean-shaven men, from time to time secretly sighing and dreaming of Ragnarr Lodbrók with his tattoos on his bald head and the smell of 30 years of seafaring in his (unwashed) beard. And to all the men who, despite their jobs, the household, the children and of course the migraine, would not mind being taken in their arms by their loved one, firmly and unmistakably: You don't have to sign up for couples therapy! It's quicker, easier and more fun: just apply a few drops of this perfume where you want it, create the necessary exclusive environment for the sake of the silage (and don't let yourself be tempted to wear the perfume in something as far-fetched as an office) and be completely relaxed: The scent will last the whole (wonderful) night I think I'll stop commenting at this point. And take a shower. Cold.

EstbienlaEstbienla 11 days ago
Popular perfume for nothing.. very discreet, very medium odour. I had to strengthen it with its shower gel and again... nothing
HugoMontezHugoMontez 15 days ago
Great smelling fragrance. A classic already. Not a masterpiece but a good signature scent if you love vanilla and Musk. Pretty linear. 4/5
Finerthings8Finerthings8 23 days ago
It is bit scary at the beginning.it has animalic touch but thats created by spices.it dries down to dirty vanilla and patchouli.Good stuff
CnFCnF 3 months ago
Unisex perfume. Sexy, sexual. Sweet, slightly animalic. Very long lasting. Ideal for cold climates, dating or going out at night.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 5 months ago
After a pronounced spicy-fresh opening, this slightly animalic, yet powdery-sweet Oriental fragrance settles to a warm resinous-woody base.
AldestAldest 5 months ago
Amber/vanilla/musc not so animal...
Labdanum (le Labo) is ten times more sexy to my nose
BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
It smells like my fluffy cat after I gave him a bath with vanilla shampoo. Addictive and cozy.
MillanderMillander 10 months ago
I din't like before the reformulation, because it had a barn smell with horse piss, but this new version is fantastic.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 11 months ago
This is one of my favourite animalic and sweet scents with under my skin by Francesca bianchi. Nice amber/vanilla and musk. Smells like flan
Carlitos01Carlitos01 12 months ago
Very nice and sweet musk animalic frame, with a musk/santal drydown. The vanilla & cinnamon also make a difference. It's a bit overrated!

by CnF
by Estbienla
by Ch053n0n3
by Ch053n0n3

Popular Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle

Portrait of a Lady by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle The Moon by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Bigarade Concentrée by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle French Lover / Bois d'Orage by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Vétiver Extraordinaire by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Monsieur. by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Iris Poudre by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle L'Eau d'Hiver by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Une Rose by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Dries Van Noten par Frédéric Malle by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle En Passant by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Lipstick Rose by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Noir Epices by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Le Parfum de Thérèse by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Une Fleur de Cassie by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Rose & Cuir by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Eau de Magnolia by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Geranium pour Monsieur by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle The Night by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle