Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle
Musc Ravageur is a popular perfume by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle for women and men and was released in 2000. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Lavender, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Vanilla, Musk
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.10.2020.

Genital uh genius beeswax atomic bomb - Comment on your comments! :D
I have been fixed by Musc Ravageur from several pages:
o Many positive comments
o One of the top-rated fragrances of the house
o Should smell a little like Égoiste (Chanel)
o durations seen with Fragrance Instagrammers & YouTubers
o Other Malle compositions have also pleased me qualitatively
o I like sweet scents

So I dared him to call Perfume Sacrilege: The... Blindbuy! :D

I must also honestly say that I think you test and feel a perfume differently if you only have a sample and not the bottle.
Well, I think you just get more into it when you have "married" the bottle.

And perfumes which I give a high chance that I like them especially, I gladly give this try. :)

Musc Ravageur.
But as tender and innocent as some have described this fragrance, I miss the mark completely... Opinions are individual, and I respect yours! But I take the liberty of quoting your explanations to frame the picture around this fragrance a little bit Please take it with a pinch of humor, it may be a little overdrawn, but it reflects my surprise when testing MR quite well.

"The top note is silent."
>> The top note is still???? The top note is as still as when I climb on a Lego brick barefoot. "D" that finishes you in seconds,like buster douglas back in the day mike tyson. (He was never the same after that...)

"Is that macho? Hello! Is that a scent that women should wear? If they want to smell like they shave their chest hair every day, maybe."
>> Is that beeswax? Why, hello! Is that a scent someone should be wearing? If you want to smell like a dessert with five kinds of sugar. Is an authentic creme catalana clone! With coke!

"Over 18"
>> Yes, but maybe even over 80... with age the sense of smell decreases a little bit, but it's nice when the vanilla candle is so strong that you can still smell it well. :)

"Erotic. Dirty. Male."
>> 80 year old in a negligee, I just say oh jemmineh!

"Proud sexyness but with French elegance - unbelievably sensual fragrance. Quick and close to the skin. A masterpiece. Sensual perfection."
>> Horny, but a six in bed. Comes at the first touch. Exuberantly sweet, detached from any sense of aesthetics. Incredibly brute scent. My nose is saturated all day long even though I only (!) sprayed on my forearm!!!

And sensual? As sensual as the male sexual characteristics of a goat maintained by honey. Dangled right into your face.

"Like warm breath in my hands"
>> Like warm honey from Meck-Meck's loins.

"Perfectly matched with sweetness"
>> Just tried to drink a bottle of maple syrup on ex to counter something "harsher".

Now, seriously, maybe the one or other explanation was a little overdrawn.
But it's really not that I'm a complete beginner, I've "enjoyed" many a cowshed oud on my dry skin and thought to myself, "you can do it, but you don't have to".

But this is really more of a work of art that wants to challenge.

Ravageur, dictionary: harmful, devastating, destructive.

I think I would have wished to get an Égoiste-like perfume here, which might have an interesting twist and appeals to me even more. That's maybe a little more sensual, and a little more modern.
But still something that you can wear every day without thinking much, which is a bit like a no-brainer, but still special.

And as I said, MR is not like that from my point of view, although I am completely free of pain, I will certainly do it casually as well! :D But it's more like standing in the subway with a 2x1 meter Van Gogh picture ("The Scream") and pretending that nothing is wrong... you will attract attention, many positive, some negative, but hardly anyone at all!

As for the masculine aspect, selfishness is more masculine to me... more chest-hairy :D But it's masculine in a different way, so it has this classic green masculine, a rough way, but nicely rounded, which is what I love about it. So that it doesn't get on your nerves It is much easier to wear than the ravageur, which generates masculinity (or let's say hormone charge, I am convinced it works equally well for all sexes) through musk.
But musk that is surrounded by so many sweet nuances, that it smells almost too little like musk, and too much like sweet.

For example, I find Narciso Rodriguez "Musc for Him" (EdP) more interesting somehow. It's a bit like pouring it into a bottle with Kilian's "Back to Black"...

So, I'll just leave it at that. I would test this fragrance if I were you, it is definitely an experience! :D
However, I recommend a small tester rather than a bottle... at that price, you gotta know what you want, or you're gonna have a slight roof damage. *Cough* :)

Meck Meck.

Smellavision
An explosion of cloves and cinnamon!
Again, like in other FM perfumes, this scent has a very "french" feeling to it, it is almost like the guerlinade, kinda difficult to put your finger on. If you're not a fan of cloves, this is not for you - fortunately, I like 'em.

The overall impression is oriental, balsamic, spicy, ambery and full-bodied. All in all very rich and deep with the cinnamon enveloping you in a blanket of clovey warmth. It opens with bergamot, lavender, cloves and musk and as it goes through the heart and drydown it's taken over by vanilla, tonka, cinnamon and amber - the musk is mostly showing in the opening and it is slightly dirty or animalic, as if there was a hint of civet injected. I also find a slight resemblance to the drydown of the original A-Men but with less patchouli I think.

Great sillage and exceptional longevity, this is potent stuff indeed - very well blended and composed. As a funny side note, like I've experienced with other FM scents, this one has a christmas-y feel to it as well - I think it would work great for a holiday get-together with family or friends, probably due to the cinnamon and cloves. Highly recommended, but try it before you buy, as I can see it as a polarizing scent.

Musc Ravageur: A Perfume Titan
Every now and then, there comes a fragrance that shakes the perfume world and redefines the rules. Rules once applied, no longer work. Such is Musc Ravageur.

Here are my quick five takes on this bad boy:

1.A masterpiece fragrance

2.Spicy/Gourmand/Oriental creation

3.Comes from the brand that promotes perfume artistry

4.Created by Maurice Roucel

5.Best for experienced fragrance enthusiasts over the age of 30

It's the kind of fragrance that every serious fragrance lover should at least try once in a lifetime.

If you are interested in my perfume work, you can find me on the web and social media under the Scent Grail name. Cheers.
Cuddly animal skin
The first thing you can perceive is an intense and powerful refreshingly sweet fruity note, which is underlined by a light Mediterranean herbaceous and lemon-peel scent, giving the top note a velvety softness and I suspected tangerine, lavender and 'lemon' instead of bergamot.
A little later the very discreet hint, which is already perceptible at the beginning, has developed into an intense and well-situated markingly animalistic appearing note, smelling of warm depths and its skin, seeming wild from the deep inside and coming from musk.

The musk is accompanied by a slightly dry, sweetly spicy, typically cinnamon nuance in the background, which in my opinion gives the top note a pleasant volume and I suspect the use of Ceylon - cinnamon.

These two notes are surrounded by a beautiful sweet balsamic, subtle resinous note, which gives the fragrance a pleasant creamy powdery aura and I suspected Spanish Labdanum instead of Amber
In the last 4 hours, the animal skin and its skin has retreated a little without losing its apparent effect and gives way in very gradual strokes to an incredibly thick, almost crinkly appearing, after homemade warm Tahitian vanilla pudding scented note and is led by very fine, sweet clear creamy wooden sandalwood and musk nuances to a very soft, smooth and pleasant finish
Altogether the fragrance lasts 9.5 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the start to be 4.5 hours on a clearly perceptible whole arm length before it is minimized in quiet steps until the fragrance has faded.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Honk1510" for the sample.
Kittens
Funny how different scents are perceived. I've been wearing Musc Ravageur all morning and am still waiting for the animalistic, the dirty. What I've got is an elegant, warm vanilla-cinnamon-clove-ceder scent with a slightly citric top note, very pleasant, maybe more for the evening and for colder climates, but not necessarily. Absolutely unisex. A drier, slightly more masculine Shalimar minus incense plus lavender. Recommended for men who like Shalimar but don't dare because they think it's too feminine, for women I would suggest alternatively (a vintage) Shalimar. If you are looking for what is promised here for Musc Ravageur, the hypnotic musk smell of warm skin, you will find it in a very pleasant and also not overwhelming way in Roucel's Dans Des Bras. DAS is also not a stable, but very sexy
Over Achzehn
Sorry, it gets dirty. I can't help it. To all those who do not want to permanently damage their image of me as a sensitive fragrance poetess, which is only just being built: click this away! And to the remaining intrepid ones: Look over your shoulder, who else might be reading along. Send your children to play. And accept my sincere apologies, because I really can't help it This is entirely the fault of Maurice Roucel, who, without warning and without a leaflet, throws a fragrance like Musc Ravageur onto the market. Ravageur, devastating... yes, indeed He must have embezzled something in the olfactory pyramid; my guess is testosterone and oxytocin, two hormones, the first of which ensures that men behave from time to time in a way that we women find completely understandable, completely mysterious from a male point of view, and that we alternately demand or accuse them of depending on the situation.
Second, the Oxitocin in turn makes us want to bury our noses in the small dimple over the collarbone of our counterpart and not want to leave it again so quickly.
Of course, one is not warned of this. Instead, one is presented with a hypocritical pyramid of scents: Bergamot, of course. Lavender is also supposed to be in there.
In fact, above all and primarily, there is a suspiciously large amount of musk. You remember that passage with the testosterone? There you go, there you have it. This musk is completely shameless; however, vanilla and cinnamon, the two sweet cuddly scents from childhood, accompany it and combine so cleverly with the sheep's stallodeur that we are unable to resist. Sandalwood provides a warming sense of well-being, and is velvety soft.
Is that macho? Hello! Is that a scent that women should wear? If they want to smell like they shave their chest hair every day, then maybe.
But this one goes out to all the women who, at the sight of their clean-shaven men, from time to time secretly sighing and dreaming of Ragnarr Lodbrók with his tattoos on his bald head and the smell of 30 years of seafaring in his (unwashed) beard. And to all the men who, despite their jobs, the household, the children and of course the migraine, would not mind being taken in their arms by their loved one, firmly and unmistakably: You don't have to sign up for couples therapy! It's quicker, easier and more fun: just apply a few drops of this perfume where you want it, create the necessary exclusive environment for the sake of the silage (and don't let yourself be tempted to wear the perfume in something as far-fetched as an office) and be completely relaxed: The scent will last the whole (wonderful) night I think I'll stop commenting at this point. And take a shower. Cold.

Ambered, alpha-like musk jewelry with vanilla "Grand Soir" attitude
Strange that this already 20 years old Malle has not yet appeared on my radar screen, he has been receiving much, much praise here at Parfumo for a long time now.

"Musc Ravageur" is in fact a rather magnificently composed autumn and winter scent, which is repeatedly attested a somewhat chubby, macho-like, slightly grubby attitude at the bottom. Yes, a certain self-confident broad-leggedness is not to be denied to the Malle, although I don't find it so wicked (maybe I am simply used to too much with just under 1000 written comments...;-) )

The musk is pithy, no question, the prelude also needs some getting used to, especially in the first few minutes a quite brute mixture of lavender, tangerine and cinnamon. Luckily the whole thing soon balances out, vanilla peels out, "Musc" becomes cuddly, voluminous, also a bit gourmand, in its core also animalistic ambergris.

I would strongly recommend a careful dosage, and outside it may be less than 5 degrees Celsius (which is undoubtedly becoming more and more difficult in times of climate change...). On the whole, the scent is very well balanced, the cinnamon (fortunately) fades into the background after a few minutes, the musky vanilla and amber are the bosses in the ring for a long time.

At times I feel strongly reminded of Kurkdjian's "Grand Soir", which I also appreciate very much in deep winter, supplemented by the massive, alpha-like musk jewelry.

Yes, not everyone can and will like it in its thoroughly obtrusive basic gesture, but qualitatively it is already a heavy gun.

Animalic and addictive vanilla
If you like vanilla probably you Will LOVE It... If dont, please be aware! This is one of the BEST vanillas i have tried. The opening is very sweet and animalic, with the Notorious vanilla, the cinnamon, and all the animalic notes. The dry down is a bit woodier, with the sandakwood and the patchouli and during the whole performance all the time a very noticeable musk. I must say that i orefer the opening than the dry down... When the vanilla dissapears It turns Aldo more animalic, It smell a bit like dried saliva, a bit like the dry down of perfumes like kouros and, depending on the moment, that could be addictive or a bit annoying... The smell at opening makes me remember a lot when my grandmother cooked vanilla flan... It is a very similar scent!! Or something like flanin el niño! ;)
The performance is good but not a beast because after the first hour It turns down quickly, but is nice. The price is high but un line with other similar perfumes like under my skin by Francesca bianchi.
Summing Up, if you are looking for a special vanilla... This could be your perfume!

Scent: 9
Originality: 7
Global: 8.5
I am so addicted
Got a sample.
Unsuspectingly, I have tested this masterpiece.

It went something like this:
I'll put the sample in a box with the others Only hours later, out of boredom, I go through the rehearsals again.
That's when I see it's one of Frederic Malle's Oho! And somebody just gave it to me?
All right! Br /> Now I had to test the scent too.
I sprayed and sniffed carefully.
Oh wow! An immense cloud of scent surprises me.
Warm, musty and so horny, I want to bathe in it The smell is addictive Never had that that I could not stop sniffing my arm!

Sure there are scents you like, but this is a different league!
A subtle noble sweetness, then the musk and cinnamon. Spicy, like incense, only better, because incense is not really mine actually
This is an ecological experience with sex appeal
A bottle is unfortunately too expensive for me, but this sample, I will keep rubbing my nose in it until my bottling is there and my suffering has come to an end.

freaky vanilla
heavenly freak vanille :) very long lasting very high quality i dont know how are vintage batches but batches i own are superb, no complains quality is there - the only drawback is very high price of frederic malle :( if u have the money or you can find it discounted go grab a bottle, a lot of compliments and man and woman love it.

CnFCnF 14 days ago
Unisex perfume. Sexy, sexual. Sweet, slightly animalic. Very long lasting. Ideal for cold climates, dating or going out at night.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 62 days ago
After a pronounced spicy-fresh opening, this slightly animalic, yet powdery-sweet Oriental fragrance settles to a warm resinous-woody base.
AldestAldest 77 days ago
Amber/vanilla/musc not so animal...
Labdanum (le Labo) is ten times more sexy to my nose
BertolucciKBertolucciK 109 days ago
It smells like my fluffy cat after I gave him a bath with vanilla shampoo. Addictive and cozy.
MillanderMillander 7 months ago
I din't like before the reformulation, because it had a barn smell with horse piss, but this new version is fantastic.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 8 months ago
This is one of my favourite animalic and sweet scents with under my skin by Francesca bianchi. Nice amber/vanilla and musk. Smells like flan
Carlitos01Carlitos01 9 months ago
Very nice and sweet musk animalic frame, with a musk/santal drydown. The vanilla & cinnamon also make a difference. It's a bit overrated!
R0dinR0din 18 months ago
The first niche perfume i’ve ever smelled. Huge amount of cloves and cinnamon in the opening and a sweet vanilla drydown. I still love it!
LillibetLillibet 3 years ago
I loved this from the first inhale. Powdery, a little spicy, comforting like your own skin but somehow so so much better.

by Moko33
by Estbienla
by Ch053n0n3
by Ch053n0n3

Popular Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle

The Moon by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Portrait of a Lady by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle French Lover / Bois d'Orage by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Bigarade Concentrée by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Vétiver Extraordinaire by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Monsieur. by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Iris Poudre by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle L'Eau d'Hiver by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Une Rose by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Dries Van Noten par Frédéric Malle by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle En Passant by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Lipstick Rose by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Le Parfum de Thérèse by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Noir Epices by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Une Fleur de Cassie by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Rose & Cuir by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Angéliques sous la Pluie by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Geranium pour Monsieur by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Eau de Magnolia by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle