Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle
Musc Ravageur is a popular perfume by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle for women and men and was released in 2000. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange, Lavender, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Vanilla, Musk
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.04.2021.

Furry sensual musk
The opening is loud in volume yet soft at the same time. The back room of a Belle Epoque bordello. A gang of girls sitting in front of mirrors; gossiping and squabbling before the evening work begins. Black stockings, crimson lipstick, creamy flesh, whisps of powder. A pastel rainbow of bodices and fluffy stoles. The air dense with lavender powder puff, spicy vanilla and daring musk.

It is far too tempting to pass by without sticking your nose in – just to see what all the fuss is about. But once you have caught the scent its difficult not to keep going back for more.
Decadent and by all means addictive

Animal
Have bought the perfume only recently. Am eig satisfied. BUT unfortunately richt, it on my skin, very animalistic (until 1h after application). This I do not like sooo well. However, after the first hour comes a very pleasant vanilla note. This holds itself damn long and richt really very good!!! Therefore, the perfume is, for me, solid! Whether it is worth the price, everyone must decide for themselves. Personally I don't know if I will keep it.... If it were cheaper, it would be a resounding YES. It will probably leave my collection at some point...

Musc Ravageur

The time is here,
The moment,
now.
Dirty cinnamon dream ?
This is the fragrance that actually makes me despair.

On the one hand, a truly wintry-sweet cinnamon vanilla dream, with fine spicy nuances.

On the other hand, a dirty musk-patchouli scent, which reminds me partly of a horse saddle.

This fragrance is so penetrating and at the same time so greadlinig, as I have rarely perceived it in a fragrance.
Also the reactions resemble a roller coaster, I have yet from "wonderful" to "disgusting" almost everything possible as a response received...

Nichtdestotrotz is this fragrance what very special, which I do not want to miss.

As a suitable carrier I imagine a guy who implements his ideas and desires brachial.

Perfumes as a hug
A very unique creation which still holds the ultimate bench markt for musc bases fragrances.

Its warm, embracing and alluring. This is touted as the ulimate sexy warm musk and I cant deny that statement. This is a warm cashmere blanket in front of a fire whilst drinking spiced chai. Wood and sweetness. Pure heaven - a hug in a bottle.
My second skin
After a long time I decided to write a comment once again.
Finally, this fragrance contributes to me to take the time to describe the fragrance and bring you closer. Please take into account that I describe the fragrance from my point of view and as everyone knows not everyone takes a fragrance was the same.
For me, this fragrance is not as masculine as some say and it also does not describe the pure masculinity. Musk is long not only a "men's DNA" which is why I find the woman and man can wear this fragrance very well
The fragrance begins with a whole load of musk and drifts into a vanilla / cinnamon DNA where the musk in the undertone is always perceptible. The scent remains constant and you can look forward to hours of this feel-good cuddly scent. Vanilla / cinnamon should not lead you astray but here the two components are very subtle and not slaying. Find this blend very pleasant and very wearable. I have not tried many musk fragrances and can probably count them on one hand but the Musc Ravageur is for me quite clearly at number 1 then comes long nothing and then comes the original Musc.
The sillage is very restrained maybe it gives the fragrance that certain magic and mystery, whereas I love it when my fragrance blows everyone away. It sounds a little selfish but I wear these fragrances for me and still want to perceive my scent even if the last neurons in my nose have given up. ?
The durability is good. In the morning on Tshirt spray and evening still skin close perceive. Where even this may be quiet a little stronger but this is a matter of taste.

I regret it now only 40ml to own, should have bought in the Sharing but rather 60ml at least. Should it come again to a good offer for the 100ml I will immediately strike and keep my restflakon nevertheless.

Is it a signature fragrance?
I honestly don't have one even if I did put one down. I'm playing with scents and don't want to commit to one.

But Musc Ravageur would be the candidate I would enter first as a signature scent in the meantime.
I hope I could explain the fragrance to you a bit even if I can not describe every single component in detail.
Thank you for reading dear Parfuma and Parfumo.

Ptsau
A masterpiece from Frederick Malle!
It is a masterpiece and very unique. I was only ok when I first smelled it on a paper but magic happened when I sprayed it on my skin. The 30mins opening was nice but when it dried down to the mid notes, it was intoxicating then I fell in love with it. It’s the one that I would always keep it in my collection. People said it’s better for winter because it’s so beastly but I wear it all seasons. Probably my skin chemistry tone down the fragrances a little. I don’t think it’s too loud. I actually don’t really define my perfumes by seasons (I wear the all day all seasons) except 1 or 2 that is really beastly even on my skin.
Wow wow wow on the 2 nose
When I tested Musc Ravageur for the first time I was not at all enthusiastic, I thought it was old-fashioned and looked more like a man in his mid 60s(sorry) then I gave it another 2 chances (for whatever reason) and Zack no idea why but now I am addicted to it and can't stop wearing Musc Ravageur, it is just wonderfully warm and spicy and gives me a wonderful feeling and brings me many compliments. So if you didn't like Musc Ravageur the first time, please give it another 2 chances and maybe you will feel like me
Floddel
Interesting companion that comes in three robes.
This fragrance is really fascinating. On the Internet or in the perfume community in general, there are some ominous stories about this fragrance. I have heard and read a lot. From smells like urinal and cat urine up to smells like a cinnamon snail in the bakery everything was there.
So I bought the fragrance or "this legend" myself in order to improve my perfume-technical skills, to get a little bit out of my comfort zone and maybe find a perfume that still appeals to me in the end.
Conclusion when wearing this perfume: It comes around the corner on my skin in three different variations. Either extremely spicy and cloves, gourmand or interestingly masculine animalistic. Strangely, I find it strange that this doesn't vary in a fragrance progression as usual, but comes in a completely different guise depending on the day. I like all 3 variations very much and can arrange and make friends with them. In any case it is a very interesting scent and an experience. If you want to smell like this, everybody has to test and decide for himself but I am glad to own it.
I would have liked to test the old formulation with the matt lid. This one is said to have been even more musky and animalistic
Genital uh genius beeswax atomic bomb - Comment on your comments! :D
I have been fixed by Musc Ravageur from several pages:
o Many positive comments
o One of the top-rated fragrances of the house
o Should smell a little like Égoiste (Chanel)
o durations seen with Fragrance Instagrammers & YouTubers
o Other Malle compositions have also pleased me qualitatively
o I like sweet scents

So I dared him to call Perfume Sacrilege: The... Blindbuy! :D

I must also honestly say that I think you test and feel a perfume differently if you only have a sample and not the bottle.
Well, I think you just get more into it when you have "married" the bottle.

And perfumes which I give a high chance that I like them especially, I gladly give this try. :)

Musc Ravageur.
But as tender and innocent as some have described this fragrance, I miss the mark completely... Opinions are individual, and I respect yours! But I take the liberty of quoting your explanations to frame the picture around this fragrance a little bit Please take it with a pinch of humor, it may be a little overdrawn, but it reflects my surprise when testing MR quite well.

"The top note is silent."
>> The top note is still???? The top note is as still as when I climb on a Lego brick barefoot. "D" that finishes you in seconds,like buster douglas back in the day mike tyson. (He was never the same after that...)

"Is that macho? Hello! Is that a scent that women should wear? If they want to smell like they shave their chest hair every day, maybe."
>> Is that beeswax? Why, hello! Is that a scent someone should be wearing? If you want to smell like a dessert with five kinds of sugar. Is an authentic creme catalana clone! With coke!

"Over 18"
>> Yes, but maybe even over 80... with age the sense of smell decreases a little bit, but it's nice when the vanilla candle is so strong that you can still smell it well. :)

"Erotic. Dirty. Male."
>> 80 year old in a negligee, I just say oh jemmineh!

"Proud sexyness but with French elegance - unbelievably sensual fragrance. Quick and close to the skin. A masterpiece. Sensual perfection."
>> Horny, but a six in bed. Comes at the first touch. Exuberantly sweet, detached from any sense of aesthetics. Incredibly brute scent. My nose is saturated all day long even though I only (!) sprayed on my forearm!!!

And sensual? As sensual as the male sexual characteristics of a goat maintained by honey. Dangled right into your face.

"Like warm breath in my hands"
>> Like warm honey from Meck-Meck's loins.

"Perfectly matched with sweetness"
>> Just tried to drink a bottle of maple syrup on ex to counter something "harsher".

Now, seriously, maybe the one or other explanation was a little overdrawn.
But it's really not that I'm a complete beginner, I've "enjoyed" many a cowshed oud on my dry skin and thought to myself, "you can do it, but you don't have to".

But this is really more of a work of art that wants to challenge.

Ravageur, dictionary: harmful, devastating, destructive.

I think I would have wished to get an Égoiste-like perfume here, which might have an interesting twist and appeals to me even more. That's maybe a little more sensual, and a little more modern.
But still something that you can wear every day without thinking much, which is a bit like a no-brainer, but still special.

And as I said, MR is not like that from my point of view, although I am completely free of pain, I will certainly do it casually as well! :D But it's more like standing in the subway with a 2x1 meter Van Gogh picture ("The Scream") and pretending that nothing is wrong... you will attract attention, many positive, some negative, but hardly anyone at all!

As for the masculine aspect, selfishness is more masculine to me... more chest-hairy :D But it's masculine in a different way, so it has this classic green masculine, a rough way, but nicely rounded, which is what I love about it. So that it doesn't get on your nerves It is much easier to wear than the ravageur, which generates masculinity (or let's say hormone charge, I am convinced it works equally well for all sexes) through musk.
But musk that is surrounded by so many sweet nuances, that it smells almost too little like musk, and too much like sweet.

For example, I find Narciso Rodriguez "Musc for Him" (EdP) more interesting somehow. It's a bit like pouring it into a bottle with Kilian's "Back to Black"...

So, I'll just leave it at that. I would test this fragrance if I were you, it is definitely an experience! :D
However, I recommend a small tester rather than a bottle... at that price, you gotta know what you want, or you're gonna have a slight roof damage. *Cough* :)

Meck Meck.

MariaSMariaS 1 month ago
On me it started as a male after shave lotion very citrusy, sweetened with time and ended up to an animalic patchouli scent. Didnt say wow!
EstbienlaEstbienla 3 months ago
Popular perfume for nothing.. very discreet, very medium odour. I had to strengthen it with its shower gel and again... nothing
HugoMontezHugoMontez 3 months ago
Great smelling fragrance. A classic already. Not a masterpiece but a good signature scent if you love vanilla and Musk. Pretty linear. 4/5
Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
It is bit scary at the beginning.it has animalic touch but thats created by spices.it dries down to dirty vanilla and patchouli.Good stuff
CnFCnF 6 months ago
Unisex perfume. Sexy, sexual. Sweet, slightly animalic. Very long lasting. Ideal for cold climates, dating or going out at night.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 8 months ago
After a pronounced spicy-fresh opening, this slightly animalic, yet powdery-sweet Oriental fragrance settles to a warm resinous-woody base.
AldestAldest 8 months ago
Amber/vanilla/musc not so animal...
Labdanum (le Labo) is ten times more sexy to my nose
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
It smells like my fluffy cat after I gave him a bath with vanilla shampoo. Addictive and cozy.
MillanderMillander 1 year ago
I din't like before the reformulation, because it had a barn smell with horse piss, but this new version is fantastic.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
This is one of my favourite animalic and sweet scents with under my skin by Francesca bianchi. Nice amber/vanilla and musk. Smells like flan

by Annabraucht
by Hermessenz
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle

Portrait of a Lady by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Bigarade Concentrée by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle French Lover / Bois d'Orage by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Vétiver Extraordinaire by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle The Moon by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Monsieur. by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Iris Poudre by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle L'Eau d'Hiver by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Une Rose by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle En Passant by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Dries Van Noten par Frédéric Malle by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Lipstick Rose by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Une Fleur de Cassie by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Noir Epices by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Le Parfum de Thérèse by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle The Night by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Geranium pour Monsieur by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Angéliques sous la Pluie by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Rose & Cuir by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle