DrB1414
31.07.2020 - 06:01 PM

Arabian Nights

Oh My LORD! This is what Oriental Dreams are made off.

I have been to the Middle East many times and this scent is very reminiscent of that. Also, this is a version of Portrait of a Lady made for the Middle East. You have the same rose and amber accord as in POAL, same perfumer, but Oud instead of Patchouli. Moreover, in a live stream that Frederic Malle and Dominique Ropion did together, F Malle said that with The Night the intention was to re-create Portrait of a Lady for the Middle Eastern Market, by adding oud instead of patchouli. And since I love POAL, I adore this one. This is for the men that feel insecure wearing POAL. Don't listen to the stupid reviews that say this one smells like barn, poop, or anything like that. Those people have probably never been to the Middle East, and only sniffed Western perfume. This is GORGEOUS. I wish more people would actually try perfume for themselves instead of just regurgitating other so-called reviewers' subjective opinions on a fragrance.

What does it smell like to my nose? OUD and ROSE. But because Indian Oud has such a complex aroma to it, this perfume seems like it has so much more. It's warm, a bit dry, woody, leathery, moldy, spicy. It's a true olfactory experience. The rose is definitely present throughout and it makes for a very sexy combination. All in all, people need to actually give this one a try on SKIN. To me, it is one of the best things I have ever smelled in my life.

Latest Reviews

DrB1414DrB1414 12 months ago
Porter Sa Peau - Roberto Greco

Porter Sa Peau Beautiful, happy, thrilling Narcissus
Porter Sa Peau feels like an opposite perfume to Oeilleres, the other creation from Roberto. Very bright, uplifting, happy. I detect aldehydes, floral (narcissus), and fruity nuances(ylang-ylang), as well as some musks in the base....

DrB1414DrB1414 12 months ago
Œillères - Roberto Greco

Œillères Truly an anti-floral perfume, but in very floral way.
Oeilleres is very intriguing, complex, and unique. It starts very herbal and aromatic. I can detect the chamomile note strongly in the beginning, a note and scent that I really like. I like the way the cumin...