The Moon by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle

The Moon is a new perfume by Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is fruity-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Lychee, Saffron, Red currant
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincense, Turkish rose
Base Notes Base NotesOud, Leather

Submitted by PanAroma0815, last update on 24.10.2019

5.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Something new
A mall scent and no comment yet? All right, here we go.

I was curious to see if this representative from the Frederic Malle series would also need a time trial in order to make a final judgement.

Fact is, the fragrance starts quite differently than many other Malle fragrances, in the smallest way too crass, no, this one is fruity, somehow berry (and yes, definitely bearish), before it then makes an interesting turn. The fruity element remains present, but weakens over time and is increasingly overlaid by a floral component. This in turn extends from the heart note to the end and is gradually accompanied by a very fine leather. At the end rose and leather get stuck, this combination makes the fragrance soft from my point of view. Too soft for me, which is why I'd rather put The Moon on the female track.

The performance is quite respectable, eight to nine hours are in it and so it's perfectly ok. The bottle, on the other hand, I just find boring, from my point of view a 08/15 part, but in its honour I'd like to say that the sprayer does an excellent job.

A finely arranged scent, undoubtedly, for friends of flowery genres a found food. Even if he won't move in with me, I respect the high-quality design