Musc Sicile

Musc Sicile by El Nabil
Musc Sicile is a perfume by El Nabil for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesCoffeeCoffee
PearPear
Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom
JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
CedarwoodCedarwood
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Estate, last update on 06.12.2021.

Copy in oil
Recently, I received a rather extensive package with 16 perfume oils from El Nabil.
The badge didn't tell me anything until then. The name suggests a manufacturer of Arabic origin.
After some research on the website and the WWW this does not seem to be the case. Here at Parfumo it is stated that the company is from France, but on the website the head office is stated as Birmingham/UK.
Whether Arab hands and noses are really behind it, could not be determined.
El Nabil is very secretive about information and names.
You advertise with the slogan "Luxury for Everyone". After looking at the entire range of products I could see a whole spectrum of products, from perfumes, cosmetics to room fragrances, a quite broad spectrum is offered.
And this even at very moderate to low prices.

After extensive testing of the perfume oils I could find out, that El Nabil is very much based on well-known and popular fragrances or even copies them.
None of this is new, of course. When a fragrance is successful and sells well, others like to jump on the bandwagon.

I was able to unmask one or the other fragrance twin and also found out that one has copied quite well.
The perfume oils do not smell cheap or inferior despite the really low prices. And some of them even last longer than the originals.

I'm a little stuck on Musc Sicile now. I could quickly find out that this is a well made copy of the quite popular Black Opium Eau de Parfums.
I don't like Black Opium and I don't like Musc Sicile
The opening is the same for both fragrances, fruity sweetness, followed by white flowers, vanilla and at most a hint of spice. All of this is also sugary-sweet Coffee should also still be available, but I cannot find it. Also with Black Opium there is not too much coffee available, it is rather a little coffee No big deal, I'd rather drink coffee than spray it on myself anyway
But in the further course of time, Musc Sicile and Black Opium then separate.
The Musc Sicile also develops a rather distinct musky note, which additionally spoils the already not so pleasant scent. This musk note becomes unpleasantly unclean and grubby, somehow greasy. Even sugary sweetness and flowers don't save anything anymore.
In itself I have nothing against musk in moderate doses, but here they have really overdone it.
Therefore, Black Opium has received one point more than this fragrance.

However, El Nabil YSL is superior in terms of durability. While Black Opium fizzles out after only a few hours, Musc Sicile easily stays on for 9-10 hours. The oily base provides the longer durability. Musc Sicile stays altogether closer to the skin, which is a big advantage with some fragrances.

I don't think much of perfume oils, the consistency and film on the skin bothers me. And I don't believe in that kind of scent. But I don't consider myself a target group, even if I don't usually shy away from the ladies' department None of the oils will find their way to me, cheap price or not and even if some of them are really good.
But for testing I find all this very interesting.
And about the subject of copying I will not go into further detail, a lot has already been said about this.

I would like to thank Mrs. and Mr. A. from B. for the testing opportunities!

And now I make myself another coffee, a real one, hand filtered, without sugary sweetness.

Basically YSL Black Opium dupe
The first time I tried it I thought it reminded me of something but couldn't quite figure out what. Now after a few months I finally found what it was... YSL Black Opium! Virtually the same composition although perhaps not as much complexity as it lingers on throughout the day. Very decent projection and surprisingly good staying power.

KatjaCakeKatjaCake 2 years ago
Vanille douce, compote de fruits, un peu de fraîcheur. Mais pourquoi Sicile?

Popular El Nabil

Amber of Yemen by El Nabil Royal Gold (Extrait de Parfum) by El Nabil Black Afghan (Extrait de Parfum) by El Nabil Musc Imran (Extrait de Parfum) by El Nabil Oud Orient by El Nabil Black Iris by El Nabil Oud Royal by El Nabil Musc Blanc (Extrait de Parfum) by El Nabil Musc Night (Extrait de Parfum) by El Nabil Musc Makkah (Extrait de Parfum) by El Nabil Musc El Quraishi (Eau de Parfum) by El Nabil Oud Black by El Nabil Musc Tesnime (Extrait de Parfum) by El Nabil Délice d'Arabie by El Nabil Flower of Soudan by El Nabil Musc Bakhoor by El Nabil Musc Medina by El Nabil Musc Bella (Extrait de Parfum) by El Nabil Baby Musc (Extrait de Parfum) by El Nabil Musc Adem by El Nabil