Essence N°10: Amande Tonka 2017

Essence N°10: Amande Tonka by Elie Saab
Essence N°10: Amande Tonka is a popular perfume by Elie Saab for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Moroccan bitter almond, Brazilian tonka bean absolute, Jamaican amyris, Java vetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.06.2020.

An extravagant mixture
Elie Saab's "Essence No. 10: Amande Tonka" has long been an object of desire for me. This absolutely hip, super-simple bottle with its fantastic, perfectly fitting magnetic closure, the elegant label, the seductive, dark chocolate-like liquid inside - it all seemed extraordinary. The flacon is gently embedded in a beautiful black packaging, the black tissue paper is sealed - very noble. The fragrance is also exceptional: at first sight, almond is undoubtedly the dominant fragrance. But in my eyes it is not a roasted almond, but a raw almond, which has a light, not caramel, not deep dark sweetness. She is very intense and takes as much space as she needs. At the same time I feel another tone, which I cannot determine exactly. It leads to the fact that this almond here has no marzipan notes whatsoever. In this respect, it differs clearly from other almond, marzipan or cherry-almond gourmands. Maybe it is because the bitter almond is not roasted and therefore the prussic acid impression is not existing at all, at least for me. This makes "Amande Tonka" a previously unknown gourmand fragrance experience for me. Maybe it is the vetiver grass; I am not familiar with vetiver. Either way, this is a really extravagant mixture that surprises and interests me. After some time the scent changes, a clear development is noticeable. Then the tonka bean pushes itself forward, sweet and spicy, and at this point "Amande Tonka" is more familiar again. This fragrance is then familiar to me and so the fragrance journey ends in a familiar, pleasant feeling of delicate sweetness. But before that you will experience a roller coaster ride of impressions! An exceptional fragrance and something very special!
DonJuanDeCat
Tonka bean, sandalwood and delicious roasted almonds
Hello and have a nice evening, sniffing noses! Today I am writing about Elie Saab, which by the way has nothing to do with the well-known car brand, which by the way has not existed since 2012. I think you know that anyway, but on the other hand, you never know... :D
Oh and before you ask, there are no fragrances from the Saab car brand like there are from Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche or anything else. I don't think anyone would have been interested in that anyway, because I don't think Saab was exactly one of the most popular car brands, do you? I've never been a big Saab fan before, but that's all a matter of taste, isn't it? I mean, there are people who actually like the Fiat Multipla (especially the first model)! :DD

Be that as it may, the fragrance I am presenting today is Amande Tonka, which is a gourmandig-sweet fragrance and therefore, how could it be any different, especially now is the time for contemplation or simply very well suited to the cold days. Well then, I'll come to the fragrance description!

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins slightly liqueur-like sweet and reminds me of delicious Mon Chéries. But then the unmistakable note of the tonka bean quickly sets in, radiating a slightly powdery, gentle and dark-sweet fragrance. In addition, there are almonds, which, by the way, go very well with the tonka bean. In the background, soft woody notes, also very fitting to the previous fragrance, smell.
The Tonka bean quickly becomes the main scent, even if you can still smell the other scents well, but you notice that the Tonka is stronger.
Towards the base one notices that the almonds also smell slightly bitter (even if the slightly bitter impression is gone in the later base), otherwise it remains mainly powdery-sweet, gourmandig and soft-woody. Oh and now and then everything also appears a little bit vanilla.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is pretty good, you are quickly surrounded by a big scent cloud, which you carry with you everywhere, so that everyone can smell the scent on you already, sooner you are seen at all :D
The durability of such fragrances is usually very good, and here it is no different. So there are easily eight to ten hours here, probably even more.

The bottle:
The rectangular bottle has a chestnut-brown scented liquid and, despite its rather simple appearance, already looks noble. On the front you can see a black label with a golden frame, the neck is also gold-plated and the lid is black-cylindrical. All in all, it's nice.

Soo, so I think the fragrance is very successful despite its simple structure (very few fragrances), because it simply smells nice. For me, it is an autumnal and wintery fragrance, as it comes across as a gourmand due to its very sweet scents, which would certainly be overwhelming in summer. Although the fragrance comes to me from its charisma like a night scent or a fragrance for the evening, I think that it could also be used during the day on these cold days, at least if you are not bathing in the fragrance.

The fragrance should be unisex, but I think it's a little more feminine. But I think that the fragrance could also be worn by men, maybe it will be good for the ladies? Who knows? Who knows? I'd have to test that... argh, where's a perfume club when you need it so everyone can sniff me? On the other hand, you ladies would certainly make fun of me, because I constantly complain about you or make fun of you (all this is just fun!!! :D)... argh... you are mean!!! Or am I just being paranoid? Nah, I don't know, but I could swear that at the last Parfumo meeting there was at least a spark of meanness in the eyes of the ladies if you looked closely! He he he... * sigh* :D

Anyway, I think this fragrance is very good. With its beautiful fragrance, it can easily compete with similar fragrances from brands such as Guerlain and is therefore worth a test! And he also always encourages me to go to the Christmas market to eat roasted almonds and stuff! Hmm... :)

And with that I am already finished for today and wish you all a nice evening :)

by jakdelind
by jakdelind
by Juli11
by Juli11

Popular Elie Saab

Essence N°3: Ambre by Elie Saab Essence N°6: Vetiver by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Elie Saab Essence N°1: Rose by Elie Saab Essence N°4: Oud by Elie Saab Girl of Now by Elie Saab Le Parfum Royal by Elie Saab Cuir Bourbon by Elie Saab Essence N°9: Tubéreuse by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Toilette) by Elie Saab Cuir Patchouli by Elie Saab Girl of Now Shine by Elie Saab Le Parfum Rose Couture by Elie Saab Le Parfum In White by Elie Saab Girl of Now Forever by Elie Saab Essence N°8: Santal by Elie Saab Le Parfum Éclat d'Or by Elie Saab Le Parfum Resort Collection (2015) by Elie Saab