Essence N°6: Vetiver (2015)

Essence N°6: Vetiver by Elie Saab
Bottle Design Sylvie de France

Essence N°6: Vetiver is a popular perfume by Elie Saab for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is green-woody. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Tarragon, Clove, Grapefruit, Haitian vetiver, Java vetiver, Calabrian bergamot, Cashmere wood, Lavender, Papyrus, Geranium, Violet

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 03.04.2020.

10.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

ELIE SAAB Essence N°6 : Forest scent
I would like to start with the fact that this fragrance does not belong to me at all but to my brother. One normal afternoon my grandmother ordered him to her house because her TV didn't want to watch it again. After successful repair she let him go with the vetiver perfume - not a bad deal or ?

"Yes," we thought when we first tried it! "Yes, a beautiful bottle, and even with a magnetic cap... but what's that bitter smell? Good review on Parfumo has it too!" You have to understand that I am a 20 year old perfume novice and this is how the test went: 2-3 sprayers on the forearm and snappy - you can smell directly on it. I recognized my mistake and since then I approach perfume differently, you could see it as a breakthrough of my passion for perfume..

The scent is very simple in its structure, as I find: it remains very constant all the time and hardly changes at all. At the beginning it smells a bit citric, so the scent pyramid is quite right. At the beginning you already notice the green and woody scents. As I said, it is very simple and rounded, you can feel less corners and edges, which makes it more difficult to determine the individual components. The woody green aspects hardly change either, sometimes a little woody and sometimes a little greener, but the citrusy note fades very quickly.

I think that this fragrance is by no means overpriced and does what it should. It gives one an inconspicuous green coat that does not stretch. I wore it at work the other day, I noticed it very well on the outward journey (I was afraid it would get too loud) and at work it was very soft. It is probably really well suited for leisure time and I would definitely assign it to the spring scent.

A little summary: The fragrance is very simple, very green-woody and that's it! Like a forest... and that's all he has to do! The bottle perfectly matches the fragrance: elegant, green (liquid), but also robust (very thick glass). The atomizer is world class: you only need a little pressure and it does not jerk but is always nicely damped.

So if you still need a spring scent, I can only recommend Essence N°6 : Vetiver.

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

ScentDane
A must have for the Vetiver lover
I'm a huge fan of vetiver, so when I first heard about this and having tried the Amber Essence, I knew I had to own it.

Essence No. 6 Vetiver opens with a sharp, dry green feel of the haitian vetiver and the javanese vetiver oil. The opening also features bergamot and grape, but these are a bit more subdued, so you don't get a fresh citrus feel that say Tom Ford Grey Vetiver would give you. The cloves and papyrus helps add a green, fresher and mature feel to this one as well.

Compared to Guerlain Vetiver with is a lot darker and maybe more muddy, this is more subdued fresher, greener and cuts more sharp. Imagine a cross between Guerlain Vetiver and Grey Vetiver dressed up. If Encre Noir is vetiver on a dark, damp autumn night, then Essence No.6 is Vetiver on a crisp, Spring morning.

The silage is not huge, but it's also not a skin scent, so it's perfect for the office or more formal. The scent definitely also have a more mature feel to it, and people younger than 25-30 would probably not find it that appealing.

Spraying it on my chest, neck and behind the ears I can easily smell it on myself throughout a work day and at least 8-10 hours on my skin. I assume more if sprayed on clothes.

In summary Essence No. 6 Vetiver by Elie Saab and designed by Francis Kurkdjian is an amazing Vetiver fragrance and well worth checking out if you love the note. If you are looking for a supplement to Grey Vetiver this it it.
6.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

The Emerald Ball
The clear handwriting of Kukdjian and also the Iso-E-Super charge, which is often enough treated as a question of faith here, do not disturb me at all in this fragrance. They are clearly present and skillfully used to create an essence of the vetiver. Aromas, of course equivalent to synthetically natural, of the highest quality, also the idea of vetiver and its familiar construction in men's fragrances and as a modernizer and slimmer of complex traditional women's fragrances.
To highlight and bring to life certain facets. It's also not "just" a vetiver acetate scent like the Molecules, but the effect shows me a bright green ball that flies in the wind and turns like the star in one of these soap bubble happenings by Francis Kurkdjian. Beautiful, playful, dance.
That may be boring for some, too smooth or too little, I like this clearly recognizable style.

So let's assume that "Essence No. XY" isn't just another high-price line that also needs a name for marketing, and let's assume that the perfumer wants to stage what he thinks is the essence of vetiver.
Then we find here from the beginning a romantically soft moment, velvety or better moist shining and on the other side a light bitter soapy layer. These layers are laid on top of each other and against each other, rotated, brought into separation and played off in the best sense of the word.

The grass, the cool moisture of vetiver, its slenderness and clarity, but also the nutiness and woodiness, even a slight sweetness, I can discern in the interplay of moments over hours with this fragrance. I encounter the classic masculine suit-wearer-carefulness of the Vetiver, which comes across as refreshingly pleasant and distiguished. But also the modern slender line, which plays with the well-known facets and creates a green-blue shimmering bow from old to new.

The scent shimmers in my perception, it almost shines neon green every now and then, then with a small slow elegant twist it appears to me naturally grass green again with a drop of rope. Then, tough brown wood. Pine green. At some point the mixture reminds me a little of galbanum with its bitter-vivifying effect. After a few hours, which have a rather flattering and fragrant character for me, AugustA, at the beginning, the scent becomes a little soapy and hot for a long time, as if to show that it can do that too, but never falls completely into the old men's shaving foam, which could seem a little out of place on women's skin. He intercepts this with another turn and dances again in all facets of dazzling green, full of light. The soap bubble flies on and bursts gently on the skin, exhaling all kinds of green aromas until a new one dances past.
In the base, which is hardly recognizable as such, the fragrance slides a little more into the woody, becoming sweeter, slightly nutty, but never balsamic or completely calm. It keeps pulsing, slower and quieter.

For me, this fragrance is intense, although monochrome yet colorful. Multifaceted, minimalistic in the consequent portrayal of Vetiver and everything that follows it well, so also something slightly flowery, something earthy-woody, austere as well as water-clear freshness. And yes, extremely modern too. Never over-twisted, for vetiverfreudige ladies like me as created. Lasts long and is never intrusive with good radiation. In short, I like it very much, this glowing emerald ball and it once again makes it clear why I like vetiver so much, even if it may not be the most feminine of all fragrances. But that's not a criterion anyway. Contrasts look good and this fragrance is of course a bright ornament for men and a very interesting nose catcher for ladies.

Oh yes, excursions into the history of perfume - and Vetiver would offer a lot from Guerlain to Chanel to ELDO - are largely avoided for my perception, which I find pleasant. The scent stands for itself. And so it stands well.

Hitchslap 19 months ago
Green/Powdery, on the feminine side. Cashmere wood, papyrus and lavender give this vetiver scent a very soft and sweet leaning. No nuance.+3
Hermesh 4 years ago
Grassy, fresh, woody and light earthy notes interwoven in a perfect way. Elegant and confident, without being pushy.

by Shivsri13
by Ergreifend
by Ingwer
by Ingwer

Popular Elie Saab

Essence N°3: Ambre by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Elie Saab Essence N°10: Amande Tonka by Elie Saab Essence N°1: Rose by Elie Saab Essence N°4: Oud by Elie Saab Le Parfum Royal by Elie Saab Girl of Now by Elie Saab Cuir Patchouli by Elie Saab Cuir Bourbon by Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Toilette) by Elie Saab Essence N°9: Tubéreuse by Elie Saab Cuir Ylang by Elie Saab Le Parfum Rose Couture by Elie Saab Le Parfum In White by Elie Saab Girl of Now Shine by Elie Saab Le Parfum Éclat d'Or by Elie Saab Essence N°8: Santal by Elie Saab Girl of Now Forever by Elie Saab