Le Parfum (2011) Eau de Parfum

Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Elie Saab
Bottle Design: Sylvie de France

Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Elie Saab for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasminum grandiflorum, Jasmine sambac, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Rose honey

Submitted by Baeumchen, last update on 11.11.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Bright sun at noon
It opens with a lovely orange blossom then comes the jasmin mixed with other notes which reminds me of Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue. I now understand that's the jasmin mixed with sweet notes as honey or vanilla and amber in the case of AEA that made me feel weird. In Elie Saab this scent is less aggressive. The patchouli and the cedar support the jasmin like leaves for flowers. It's elegant and feminine. The longevity is 8h+ and the sillage is moderate. Though not my cup of tea, it sure has its value.

Originally written in 2013
7.5 9.0/10

Sweet Sexy Lady
Magnificent perfume, very modern, extra long lasting. It makes you feel elegant and sexy and I could say suitable for all seasons and occasions. The orange blossom is very aromatic and this perfume evolves nicely in your skin. Reminds me a lot of Dita von Teese perfume. I was really glad with my choice. Nice bottle too!!!
5.0/10

An Elie Saab gown in a bottle
Ethereal white flowers with some white honey and a creamy woody base. I honestly can't find the patchouli in this and I love patchouli, so those who are anti-patch should be able to enjoy this. If I didn't know that Francis Kurkdjian was the nose behind this, I would still put him as a choice on blind testing this perfume. His trademark white flowers on a cedar base are pretty much unmistakable and a foolproof formula. Plus this airy-fairy scent goes so well with the dreamy dresses conjured up by Elie Saab (at least in my mind, it would be a different lifetime before I have an occasion to wear an Elie Saab gown). sillage is polite, about an arm's length and longevity is good, over 8 hours on clothes but by then it is a discreet skin scent. A safe blind buy and a safe gift. Nothing groundbreaking but a well-crafted scent nonetheless.

Honeyed Jasmine
This is as beautiful as I remember it on a friend's skin (and if I may confess it's actually much better on me!) I get beautiful jasmine (non-indolic is the keyword here!), orange flower, and honey at first application. It stays the same though the heart phase but the dry down is to DIE for! I get sweet, sexy patchouli, honey, and jasmine. This is definitely a "golden" fragrance at this point even though the lead in the composition is a white flower. The indolic bitterness of jasmine is virtually nonexistent. All I get is the BEST note of fresh jasmine accentuated by that delicious honey. The patchouli here is so good that even I, a confirmed patchouli-phobic, LOVED it! It was a brilliant idea to use it as a base for the orangey jasmine. Or else it would have been a run-of-the-mill fruity floral instead of the glorious floriental that it truly is. Fragrantica didn't categorize it this way, but I do. This is in no way a straight floral. Too deep and complex for that - JUST how I like my perfumes to be! The drydown does remind me a little bit of Fan di Fendi EDP. Has a femme fatale quality about it.... Very come hither. I'm pretty sure it'll turn a man gaga in a second!

faint, short-lived
Like the other reviewers, I found this fragrance delightful. It quickly became a favorite. I do like the perfume over the EDT, although I find the latter longer lasting.

I am bombarded with complements when I wear this product. But they are short lived, as the scent fades within the hour.

I wouldn't even mind the very faint fragrance, which is really beautiful although barely there, if it would just have some staying power.

I wore this for a year almost daily. It did build on my clothing a little bit, but not enough to really matter.

Considering the expense, I probably won't continue after this bottle empties. I expect more when I spend that kind of money.
10.0 7.5 8.0/10

Pretty fragrance
This is Poison´s well behaved little sister. Equally charming and seductive, but more cautious. Very pretty.
7.5 7.5 10.0 6.0/10

A Noble Jasmine
I tested this yesterday but was on the fence, so I got a mini to wear it straight after my morning shower, giving it time to unfold on my chemistry as I was going about my business.

The opening note is a very lush jasmine, it smells very 'real' almost as though one is in a garden at twilight and the air is heavy with jasmine in full bloom. As the middle stage approaches a honey note comes in and sweetens it a bit, adding a pleasant sweetness not a cloying one, it doesn't drown the jasmine but rather adds to its beauty, and if you inhale deeply and close your eyes...there is a trace of cedar on my skin too, unfortunately I don't detect any patchouli or rose. Perhaps they are there and are hiding under the jasmine with its honey bee buzzing around it, I don't know.

I am not quite sure yet if I will purchase a full bottle since I find it a pretty scent but for the name and the price I had expected something more complex. Elie Saabs Haute Couture is very pretty and often very elaborate in design, I guess I had expected something similar in his perfume. Alas, on me it's -only- a very straightforward jasmine soliflore with a tiny dash of honey and an apparition of cedar in the far distance.

If you are a jasmine lover who doesn't mind spending a bit for a very long-lasting noble jasmine scent in a charming flacon...this is a must test for you!
Silage is: "jasmine is all around you" -- Longevity is: 8+ hours. Good luck : )
7.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

A floral beauty
Elie Saab is a crisp, clean and delicate floral bouquet. During Spring especially, I find myself craving scents such as this one. This fragrance's composition is simplistic yet beautiful, the main focus being feminine white florals presented in a way that is refreshing, classic and elegant.

A fragrance doesn't always have to be complex to be noticed and Elie Saab proves this. The opening is a subtle yet captivating blend of jasmine, lily and orange blossom. A dash of honey makes a quick appearance in the heart, sweetening the scent only ever so slightly.

Elie Saab is a very refined fragrance in both composition and personality. I can certainly see how this fragrance has gained so many fans in such a short amount of time since being released.

The drydown is a rather discreet blend of smooth woodsy notes with the slightest hint of patchouli and rose. The patchouli note was more clean smelling than earthy. Actually the scent overall could be described as clean and soapy.

The lasting power was quite good, along with moderate sillage, although it could have perhaps been a tiny bit stronger. The best seasons for Elie Saab would have to be Spring and Summer, as this fragrance makes me think of fresh blooms in a country garden on a beautiful, sunny day.
10.0 10.0 7.0/10

Angel Garden of Stars #5: Orange Blossom
Thierry Mugler missed out on an opportunity when they produced only Angel Violette, Angel La Rose, Angel Le Lys, and Angel Pivoine in their Garden of Stars ANGEL flanker series. The fifth installment has now arrived, albeit disguised in a new bottle and under the name of Elie Saab as that design house's début perfume launch!

It's remarkable how similar this perfume is to the Garden of Stars flankers. Each of those compositions showcases a single flower by dipping it in the ANGEL base. Sweet orange blossom has worked in a number of cases (including one By Kilian creation and one Couvent des Minimes, as well), and everyone is very familiar with the Angelesque sweet patchouli here. So roll them together, and the result smells remarkably similar to the Garden of Stars series!

I'm sure that this perfume will be something of a success, if only because everyone who loves ANGEL will love this as well--provided only that they appreciate orange blossom. The quality level is identical, and the longevity and sillage, too, are good.

A modern classic.
Elie Saab le Parfum is a revelation in white flowers that shares more than a little DNA with Narcisco Rodriguez for Her and APOM by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Sunny and splendid and breathless, this featherweight orange blossom and jasmine is a modern classic. ESLP clearly recalls the sunny beaches of Lebanon. Just pure and wonderful white flowers.
A noble and serene opener from the house of Elie Saab.

Trucklady 155 days ago
Only FK that blows me away and is worthy of his hefty reputation.+1
9.0

Discussions about Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum)

by Zora
by Rosaviola
by Momo63
by Momo63

Popular Elie Saab

Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Elie Saab Girl of Now by Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Elie Saab Essence N°3: Ambre by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Toilette) by Elie Saab Essence N°6: Vetiver by Elie Saab Le Parfum Rose Couture by Elie Saab Essence N°1: Rose by Elie Saab Essence N°10: Amande Tonka by Elie Saab Le Parfum Resort Collection (2015) by Elie Saab Le Parfum in White by Elie Saab Essence N°4: Oud by Elie Saab Girl of Now Shine by Elie Saab Le Parfum Royal by Elie Saab Girl of Now Forever by Elie Saab Cuir Bourbon by Elie Saab Essence N°8: Santal by Elie Saab Essence N°2: Gardenia by Elie Saab Le Parfum Resort Collection (2017) by Elie Saab