Le Parfum 2011 Eau de Parfum

Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Elie Saab
Bottle Design Sylvie de France
Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Elie Saab for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasminum grandiflorumJasminum grandiflorum
Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac
PatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwoodCedarwood
Rose honeyRose honey

Submitted by Baeumchen, last update on 30.11.2021.

2013 Dubai Airport - You were everywhere to smell
When I changed planes in Dubai in 2013 to travel to Manila, I had to kill time. So off to the duty free area and there I smelled you for the first time. My goodness, how beautiful and different you were! The 4 ladies have wagged with you on a silk cloth and I took you with me.
I was certainly 1h long with you on the road, eat, drink and then in the waiting area with a good book, but you have really smelled so good I just had to buy you.
The orange blossom is very dominant and does not go away even after hours. Actually, I'm not a jasmine fan, but it does not bother me in this fragrance, because it is very soft and not pungent strong as in Jasmin Noir z bsp of Bvlgari. Cedarwood is supposed to be in it, but I don't smell it, because the scent is really not woody. You are fresh and inspiring, I want to dance with you and celebrate and be happy.
I am a big MFK fan and love his clean scents. For me the old eau de toilette was unbeatable, much better than the new formulation which is only available in eau de parfum. Too bad! You are less cuddly...
Unfortunately not my taste
I have exchanged the perfume with a lady. According to description according to patchouli, jasmine orange blossom etc. I like all and I have imagined the fragrance because of honey very sweet. Unfortunately was disappointed in the end, the scent is unfortunately not my taste. The rose honey I do not smell at all. Also not the jasmine. Iles smells sweet but not too sweet. I also could not answer me to which seasons the fragrance fits
Maritel
You're breast-feeding Mugler's big sister, right?
You're beautiful to look at. Simple, yet elegant. Restrained but still present. Exactly this bottle also fits the fragrance.

Aren't you Alien's big sister? You have the same pedigree, but you are more mature, less penetrating but still present. You surround one with jasmine, but you have your own sweetness. Adult, warm, and pleasant.

If you like Alien, you will certainly like this fragrance. However, this one is better suited for everyday wear. He keeps very long on my skin, is very pleasantly warm when the floral fragrance notes after several hours slowly create space for the base. For me, he does very well in the office, everyday life and also in the summer.

The bouquet.
"Today's the big day," she thought silently, walking slowly through the grand reception hall of her Victorian mansion, decorated with lush white flowers. She wore a cream satin blouse, precious gold jewelry, and dark pleated trousers. Elegance personified. Her heels clacked on the dark brown parquet floor.

Underneath the blouse, she also wore a heavy heart, though the occasion was actually a lovely one. Her daughter would be marrying a man she more than agreed with in a few hours. The future son-in-law proved to be sensible and reliable. He could provide a stable nest of love and security, so letting go was a little easier for her.

She herself had not always had it easy in her life. This was marked by pressure to perform, hard work and some strokes of fate. Success was just as much a part of it as a result. Through iron discipline, she had managed to continue the family empire and invest her wealth in charity projects, also to soothe her conscience a little. She always taught her children to show courtesy and kindness to everyone. Good manners and a sense of order were essential to her, discretion and professional distance important.

The staff had done a great job in a very short time, polishing the dark house to a shine. She walked through the pompously decorated premises one last time, checking the results. This she did only physically, in thought she was with her daughter, who now tore her from her inner movie. Before her stood the bride in an elegantly simple designer silk gown. Her hair was tied smoothly in a chignon, the floor length veil delicately flattering her uncovered arms. But the most beautiful thing about her was the excited glow.

"You are enchanting, but I still have something you are missing. Something that is perfect for you and what will immortalize the most beautiful day of your life into a lasting memory." With these words, she presented her daughter with her pretty glass bottle of Le Parfum by Elie Saab.
A floral cloud of orange blossom with minimal freshness enveloped the happy bride and her mother...

Le Parfum is often recommended for special occasions, such as a wedding, a visit to the theatre, a fine dinner. The fragrance is based on a certain opulence by the intensity.
The light sweetness accompanies through the most beautiful day of a woman or can make it her most beautiful day. For an evening on the couch, he is too overdressed, as a companion for the job rather dependent on the environment, outfit and dosage, as he acts quite loud. The sillage is room-filling. The shelf life is good with about 7 hours.

The fragrance is a rather mature women's fragrance, described by many as stale. Old-fashioned I do not feel him. I describe him like this: Pure elegance and classic. Sublime and refined. It emphasizes the femininity of a woman who knows her worth.

The top note of orange blossom is strong at first. It may need several attempts to make friends. The heart mixes jasmine and patchouli, the base soothes with sandalwood and sweet rose honey.
I don't detect much progression, no real depth. The fragrance remains dominantly floral and slightly sweet.

So the daughter walked down the aisle and became the happiest wife in the world. At an advanced hour, the bridal bouquet was to be thrown into the crowd of the unmarried, according to an old tradition. Only there the bride noticed that she had forgotten her bridal bouquet at home in the olfactory blossom rush by enchantment of the senses. So she decided to improvise and unceremoniously threw the bottle into the crowd of ladies willing to get married.
Champagne Jacuzzi with orange blossoms
Good thing I didn't read the fragrance description before, because otherwise this wonderful fragrance would probably never have moved in with me.
But from the beginning: I have been avoiding orange blossoms since I was a teenager and have always found them unpleasant. Maybe it was the synthetic scents of the drugstore perfumes and shower gels of the 80s that spoiled the orange blossom for me, but I had already put a hook behind it: nothing for me.

And now I am sniffing ecstatically at my arm, which has just been fogged up by my blind purchase and I can't believe it: Yes, that's orange blossom with a big "Ohhhhh" in it's purest form! And my nose sends my synapses lucky signals. I can't believe it, I am in love!
The orange blossom notes almost dance, buzz, glitter - and I can't get enough. My nose is like bathing in a champagne Jacuzzi
Slowly I also slowly perceive beguilingly tender, very pure jasmine, not a strenuous "headache" jasmine, but clean, white-shimmering, with the orange blossoms in an embrace.
Underneath there is a slight crackling sound - what is that? Ah, must be the patchouli. It reminds me of the patchouli in Coco Mademoiselle: also clean, not too earthy, yet warm and flattering, combined with the warm wood notes, which after a while also give in to the swing And so the blossoms waved and danced together with patchouli and cedar for many hours - on my skin it really took me about 7 hours
I can't decide whether it's a perfume for daytime or evening use - I think it depends on the dosage. I wear the fragrance at work, but I also like to wear it when I go out - and even at home when it's cloudy and grey outside, like right now in November.
The silage is good, the bottle is elegant - Le Parfum will probably have a home forever with me!
MarlEh
Like a punch in the face
I had already found one of my new Signature fragrances in my head, an all-rounder with a big bang, a head-turner - the bottle exudes a timeless elegance and the descriptions on YouTube sounded exactly like how my new fragrance should smell for every season. When I think of Elie Saab, I immediately think of the breathtaking (second) dream wedding dress by Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl, and so I had in my naive recklessness everything in my head already so beautifully painted with this new fragrance.
So, what can I say, I think this is my last blind purchase. I don't do it often, blindly buy perfume, but what can I say, a lot of time, a lot of YouTube geinfluenced and then at the end accidentally discovered a cheap price, which was of course only valid for one day. So what should go wrong.
With even one splash, the perfume feels like a slap in the face, the drydown doesn't change that and reminds me of my childhood on the back seat of my mother's car, who for a while wore an unbearably strong fragrance that always gave me headaches on long car rides. I tried it, now I have it there, maybe I'll try it again sometime, but now I have to recover from this disappointment and the blow into the spray ;)
Ninamuse
Sometimes, but only sometimes...
I'm not usually a fan of heavy flower scents like you. Whether orange blossom, jasmine, or tuberose (!), too much is just too much
But sometimes, but only sometimes... when I am stricken, powerless and unfocussed like today, and the grey, dull weather adds its rest... then it must be something more.

Yes, then it must be a "pure flower bomb", as the previous commentary by Sarahmuhl so beautifully describes - a really nasty flower bomb with a good bang. One like you!

One that floods the room with sunlight and wakes up my synapses with a siren alarm! One that keeps me on my toes all day long with obtrusively omnipresent, penetrating jasmine and won't let me rest!
One that rewards me at the end of the day with juicy rose honey for perseverance, and soothes me with cedar wood...

Yeah, this flower bomb is kicking in. She's dominating, loud, demanding, and demanding of me. But sometimes, just sometimes, that's all you need to get through the day. So the next day, if you want to take it easy...
Pure flower bomb!
Let's start with the design. I don't think the bottle and the colour of the scent have much in common with the fragrance itself. For me, it radiates a delicate, not heavy, sea of flowers. But if you start from the fragrance itself, it's not at all light and delicate, but rather heavy and flowery. I have a preference for Kurkdjian's perfume creations and of course I had to try Le Parfum and finally own it. Here you can clearly see the strong jasmine note. The rose honey is also very apparent to me and reminds me of an expensive soap. The cedar wood makes the fragrance even more powdery. When I wear the fragrance I feel very well-groomed and girlishly sweet. I recommend to apply the scent only very discreetly, because it can be really pushy very quickly. H+S are simply top, as so often with Master Kurkdjian. I perceive the scent still the next morning.
So: if you like heavy jasmine soap fragrances, I can warmly recommend Le Parfum. But only in small doses, we do not want to kill our fellow men.

Bright sun at noon
It opens with a lovely orange blossom then comes the jasmin mixed with other notes which reminds me of Thierry Mugler Alien Essence Absolue. I now understand that's the jasmin mixed with sweet notes as honey or vanilla and amber in the case of AEA that made me feel weird. In Elie Saab this scent is less aggressive. The patchouli and the cedar support the jasmin like leaves for flowers. It's elegant and feminine. The longevity is 8h+ and the sillage is moderate. Though not my cup of tea, it sure has its value.

Originally written in 2013

Sweet Sexy Lady
Magnificent perfume, very modern, extra long lasting. It makes you feel elegant and sexy and I could say suitable for all seasons and occasions. The orange blossom is very aromatic and this perfume evolves nicely in your skin. Reminds me a lot of Dita von Teese perfume. I was really glad with my choice. Nice bottle too!!!

MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 1 year ago
heady honey! too sexy for business, but it might work if you have the corner office. whoo! it's for a woman in control.
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Only FK that blows me away and is worthy of his hefty reputation.

Discussions about Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum)

by Zora
by Zelena
by Blödel
by Blödel
by Aggeliki
Einer meiner Steine. Demnächst kommt ein weiterer dazu. Kein E. S.
by Baeumchen
by Momo63
by Freebird1968
by Freebird1968

Popular Elie Saab

Essence N°3: Ambre by Elie Saab Essence N°6: Vetiver by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Elie Saab Essence N°10: Amande Tonka by Elie Saab Essence N°1: Rose by Elie Saab Girl of Now by Elie Saab Girl of Now Shine by Elie Saab Essence N°4: Oud by Elie Saab Le Parfum Royal by Elie Saab Cuir Bourbon by Elie Saab Essence N°9: Tubéreuse by Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture by Elie Saab Le Parfum In White by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Toilette) by Elie Saab Le Parfum Rose Couture by Elie Saab Cuir Patchouli by Elie Saab Girl of Now Forever by Elie Saab Cuir Ylang by Elie Saab Essence N°8: Santal by Elie Saab Le Parfum Resort Collection (2017) by Elie Saab