Le Parfum (2013) Eau de Parfum Intense

Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Elie Saab
Bottle Design: Sylvie de France

Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum Intense) is a popular perfume by Elie Saab for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose honey, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Amber

Submitted by Cassandra, last update on 27.10.2019

10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

O Flowers Bomb
I had the scent for a while in the souk and now I suddenly love it again. At the beginning of November I was suddenly overcome by the desire for this sunny scent.
About 2-3 years ago I had ordered a gift set and worn it from time to time. Then suddenly I couldn't take him well anymore. He hit me on the stomach. May have been related to my gall surgery.
Admittedly, he's already intense. I smell a popcorn note to the orange blossoms on rose honey with ylang ylang. The scent is not only intense, it also lasts for days in clothes and scarves. For people who like it tender and elf-like fragrant, it is nothing.
Now that it's getting colder again, the perfume can be a little stronger for me. So I've been going back to Le Parfum Intense for over a week now. The normal version never made it into my collection, even though it was recommended to me by a perfume seller as matching my type. The scent was too mainstream for me at the time. Meanwhile one can already say that the Elie Saab fragrance has become a classic. They are listed here as twin fragrances, but I like the Intense version better.
It is heavy, sweet and smells very strongly of orange blossoms. The color of the fragrance matches a dark brown, similar to a perfume oil or concentrate. Of course nothing is oily here, nor does it smell oily, but honey sweet and floral.
Probably the fragrance will disappear at the end of March at the latest back in the cupboard, but over December I change it regularly with Hypnotic Poison. One to three splashes are enough for one day. It's not a maneater scent, but it does have charm and sex appeal to the right woman. She shouldn't be a mouse, then the scent would probably be too dominant.
Also on the skin it holds day and night.
10.0 7.5 5.0 8.0/10

Great Extension
Among the typical scents you find at the mall, Elie Saab scents are right in the middle between the sugarbombs of regular department stores and the haughty niches from high-end boutiques. This is due to the parfumeur Kurkdjian and his incredible skill. Though I disliked his new Pluriel releases, he has impressed me countless other times.

The ES parfum and parfum intense are excellent scents that display his talent in the mainstream market. I like both but the intense version is more appropriate for winter as it is a bit more syrupy and dark. Though I don't like orange blossom, the way it has been treated with honey here works for me and the amber drydown is very pleasant.

It is extremely sweet and so should be used sparingly, applied to the lower abdomen for a waft of scent to rise up once in a while. The staying power is fair and the sillage is good. I especially like the bottle as it is heavy glass and looks like some perfume bottles from the past. This is a safe bet that most will find appealing and I recommend it.
7.5 7.5 7.5 2.0/10

Loud orange blossom party
You need to like orange blossom and honey in order to enjoy this perfume. "Elie S. Intense" (not very different from the original regular "Elie Saab") is a strong and extremely synthetic orange blossom scent that seems to appeal to many people. Since a purely orange flower fragrance would have been too sharp, "Le Parfum Intense" throws in loads of sweet heady "rose honey" (i.e. the artificial version of it) and adds a massive, again artificial patchouli note, resulting in a loud and penetrating fragrance. It landed on my skin today and burst into my unprepared nostrils. Since it is extremely cloying, I found it difficult to scrub off. Not a "pensive" perfume, "Elie Saab" was born to party. But I'm averse to its style.

by Undsoweiter
by Undsoweiter
by AndyCandy
by AndyCandy

Popular Elie Saab

Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Elie Saab Girl of Now by Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Elie Saab Essence N°3: Ambre by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Toilette) by Elie Saab Essence N°6: Vetiver by Elie Saab Le Parfum Rose Couture by Elie Saab Essence N°1: Rose by Elie Saab Essence N°10: Amande Tonka by Elie Saab Le Parfum Resort Collection (2015) by Elie Saab Le Parfum in White by Elie Saab Essence N°4: Oud by Elie Saab Girl of Now Shine by Elie Saab Le Parfum Royal by Elie Saab Girl of Now Forever by Elie Saab Cuir Bourbon by Elie Saab Essence N°8: Santal by Elie Saab Essence N°2: Gardenia by Elie Saab Le Parfum Resort Collection (2017) by Elie Saab