Le Parfum (2012) Eau de Toilette

Le Parfum (Eau de Toilette) by Elie Saab
Bottle Design: Sylvie de France
Le Parfum (Eau de Toilette) (Elie Saab)

Le Parfum (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Elie Saab for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesRose honey, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.01.2019

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Flowery creamy rose honey
Le Parfum Eau de Toilette is my current signature fragrance, why is that so I wanted you
like to tell a short story :)
I bought the scent for the first time before my first pregnancy after I had smelled it on a colleague, but it did not smell so nice on my skin, it was very flowery, stinging and quite penetrating which is why it disappeared in the cupboard again.
Then I got my daughter and on our wedding day I somehow felt like testing the scent again and what should I say since then it smells wonderful :) It is floral, warm, very feminine, elegant and in the base wonderfully creamy, floral and soft. The strong flowers are softened by rose honey and vetiver and the fragrance gets more depth.
I immediately think of a luxury body lotion or a noble bubble bath... Very luxurious, noble and nevertheless wearable on every occasion... Not obtrusive with a very good durability and pleasant sillage... I love him and am glad that he smells so beautifully on my skin since the pregnancy :)
Made for me
I love this fragrance. It has just the right amount of what I love - durability, a mix of gardenia and orange blossom without being overwhelming or overly sweet. I wear others, but I always find myself returning to this again and again. For me, the cologne is a little lighter and less sweet than the perfume.
Solid and graceful
Le Parfum by Elie Saab opens with a rich, sweet, fruity-floral blend mostly centered on vanilla, citrus/neroli, something smelling like tonka although I don’t see it listed, sandalwood, amber (not listed too but I get some of that “warm” resinous feel, I guess it may be honey...), thin green notes and then obviously the flowers: rose, jasmine (particularly clean) perhaps ylang. Woody-herbal-patchouli base, providing a subtle dry, aromatic and shady feel underneath the general “plushiness”. Shortly, a floral-fruity Oriental scent, more classic than classic: warm, “golden”, juicy and pleasant, soapy and resinous, refined and elegant for sure but with an overall mellow feel of effortless informality and liveliness (making it perfect for pretty much any age and circumstance). Ironically it’s one of the nicest works by Kurkdjian, far better than the stuff he did and does with its own brand. Less pretentious, more solid, perhaps more boring in its glossy and conventional “perfection”, but it’s well made, smells nice, and it’s decently priced. Nothing new for fans of “true” good floral scents (and there’s billions out there better than this), but decent and nice enough for undemanding fiancées or relatives – or, say, a nice easy “anywhere-safe” scent when you just want to smell nice but go unnoticed.

6,5-7/10
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 4.0/10
Very different from the eau de parfum...
I reviewed Eli Saab LE PARFUM eau de parfum not too long ago, and my basic take was that it could have easily been the orange blossom entry in the Thierry Mugler Jardin d'Etoiles series. Not so for the eau de toilette.

The patchouli has been switched out for that tell-tale pseudo-cedar aromachemical blend (a mixture of iso-E-super and ambroxan? or is it just iso-E-super?) which I have been smelling everywhere these days in mainstream launches. Unfortunately that base is very strong to my nose and pretty much ruins everything else about a fragrance which I might have liked. In Acqua di Parma GELSOMINO NOBILE, it wipes out the jasmine. In ELIE SAAB eau de toilette, it literally wipes out the orange blossom.

So, no, this is not just a lighter rendition of the eau de parfum, and I do not recommend this version.

by Smitty
by Smitty
by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10

Popular Elie Saab

Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Elie Saab Girl of Now by Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Elie Saab Essence N°3: Ambre by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Toilette) by Elie Saab Le Parfum Rose Couture by Elie Saab Essence N°6: Vetiver by Elie Saab Le Parfum Resort Collection (2015) by Elie Saab Essence N°1: Rose by Elie Saab Essence N°10: Amande Tonka by Elie Saab Le Parfum in White by Elie Saab Essence N°4: Oud by Elie Saab Essence N°8: Santal by Elie Saab Girl of Now Shine by Elie Saab Essence N°2: Gardenia by Elie Saab Cuir Bourbon by Elie Saab Le Parfum Resort Collection (2017) by Elie Saab Essence N°9: Tubéreuse by Elie Saab Cuir Patchouli by Elie Saab