Le Parfum Rose Couture 2016

Le Parfum Rose Couture by Elie Saab
Bottle Design Sylvie de France
Le Parfum Rose Couture is a perfume by Elie Saab for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesPeonyPeony
BlossomsBlossoms
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose nectarRose nectar
Fruity notesFruity notes
VanillaVanilla
JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Michael, last update on 14.09.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is German model Toni Garrn.

Le Parfum Rose Couture by Elie Saab
It's not the worst perfume out there but it's not the best either. Overall, I find it rather boring. To me, this reads more "floral" than "rose." One thing came to mind the entire time I was wearing it; ladies feminine wipes. That's exactly what this smells like to me. Smells clean and pleasant enough but just not special in any way, shape or form. Just "meh." The bottle is really pretty though but unfortunately, that's what I like about it the most. This one won't be taking up valuable space in my collection.
I love him...
For me, Rose Couture smells similar to those rose cones I loved to buy about 10 years ago. And somehow the scent is more woody than floral for me, for me it's a good mixture and the durability is outstanding, I wear it already 8 hours today.

Update:

When I wrote the above commentary, I had previously had a fragrance sample for spraying Douglas. Now I have a big bottle and unfortunately I have to revise my rating. I had the sample on my wrist and for many hours I noticed a rather rosy-woody note. The scent in the large bottle seems to be almost different. It starts with a soft, rosy sweetness, but after about 2 hours it develops into something that makes me think of a Christmas market, it becomes somehow cotton candy and almond and I smell neither rose nor patchouly. Then it disappears almost completely, in contrast to the rehearsal. But I like to spray the scent on my T-shirt, it's the only way it lasts a little longer and doesn't stain. It's pleasant, you can't take too much of it, the scent never gets more intense, but it's just not the scent as in the sample anymore! It is interesting to note that somewhere in the evaluations there was almost the same experience of a customer. What happened? Is the scent for the samples mixed differently or even changed in composition?

Bright, summery rose
I picked up a sample of this yesterday because I loved it in store. Francis Kurkdjian really does a nice job with roses, and Rose Couture is no exception. The rose does not beat you over the head because it's intertwined with peony and some light caramel nougat. Very nicely done. Not heady, as many rose-based perfumes can be, but light, refreshing, summery. This morning I took that sample and sprayed myself around my head about six times! And that brings me to my major beef: The longevity stinks. I don't think I even got to the three hour mark. The sillage is soft and gets softer and softer until there is no trace left. Reapplication is a must!

Now for part 2: I've applied Rose Couture on my left wrist, and Nina Ricci L'Extase (another Francis Kurkdjian creation) to my right. I wanted to see if the stated similarities (in other people's reviews) are truly there. At the very top, they are extremely close. But upon drydown, the Rose Couture veers in a brighter, fresher direction and the peony/rose combo becomes prevalent. The L'Extase goes deeper and richer with a syrupy rose and caramel underlay. At the very base, the caramel/amber becomes operative on both, but still with enough of a difference to tell them apart.

Verdict: I honestly cannot decide which one is better. Rose Couture seems ideal for daytime applications such as work, church, school, etc. L'Extase seems to be made for sultry summer nights. Both are top quality and have very nice bottles (if you also buy based on the flacons, like I'm prone to doing!). L'Extase lasts longer...waaaaay longer, and that one thing gives it the edge, IMO. Plus, I already own it, so there's that.

Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
Not a heady rose, but a bright, refreshing rose/peony combo w/ a slightly sweet drydown. Perfect for summer. Light sillage; no longevity.

by Moppi
by Moppi
by Hobbit
by Hobbit
by PureNeugier
Nicht einfach, den E. S. bildlich zu präsentieren. Einige Bilder wurden abgelehnt.
by Flüchtig
by Flüchtig
by Nayeli
by Nayeli

Popular Elie Saab

Essence N°3: Ambre by Elie Saab Essence N°6: Vetiver by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Elie Saab Essence N°10: Amande Tonka by Elie Saab Essence N°1: Rose by Elie Saab Girl of Now by Elie Saab Girl of Now Shine by Elie Saab Essence N°4: Oud by Elie Saab Le Parfum Royal by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Parfum) by Elie Saab Cuir Bourbon by Elie Saab Le Parfum In White by Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture by Elie Saab Essence N°9: Tubéreuse by Elie Saab Le Parfum (Eau de Toilette) by Elie Saab Cuir Patchouli by Elie Saab Girl of Now Forever by Elie Saab Cuir Ylang by Elie Saab Essence N°8: Santal by Elie Saab Le Parfum Resort Collection (2015) by Elie Saab