5th Avenue Nights (2008)

5th Avenue Nights by Elizabeth Arden

5th Avenue Nights is a perfume by Elizabeth Arden for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesCyclamen, Bergamot, Mandarin, White freesia, White rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesCalla, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Pink lily
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notes, Musk, Vanilla, White chocolate

Submitted by MartinGE, last update on 27.07.2017

6.0 6.0 8.0 6.5/10

Helpful Review
Shopping tour fragrance
Some fragrances don't suit your taste, style nor chemistry, but you can still appreciate it has to offer, and 5th Avenue Nights was such one for me. A blind purchase based on a few less reliable 'reviews' elsewhere, it was different from anything I had chosen as my personal fragrance till now and required some time to get used to, but within a year, my nose and I had become accustomed to it and even like it.

At initial spray, I was hit by a strangely plastic smell, followed by sour citrus which stood out on the creamy, milky background, not as smooth as I had expected from the feedbacks. Fortunately, the plastic smell subsided after the first minutes, leaving it all for the vanilla, musk and white chocolate to create a heady, lemony milk (almost butter) cream scent with sprinkled coconut flakes - coconut isn't listed, but there is some fatty tone underneath the vanilla sweetness like that of coconut fruit.

However, despite such edible notes, this is not a 'gourmand' fragrance, and those looking for such would be disappointed: It is a musky, clean white floral (taken from the original 5th Avenue) with a twist of fluffy, creamy vanilla, never losing a certain edge, be it by cyclamen which isn't my favourite and tends to be perceived stronger.

Although discontinued, this is a nice everyday fragrance while it still is around, an affordable, non-stuffy casual floral with good longevity of over 8 hours on my skin, and longer on my clothes.

On a side note, the 'modern' type of musky cleanness in this fragrance for me does really recall some shopping tours in polished, perfectly air-conditioned department stores - so, while the 'Nights' part of its naming may not be fitting, the 'city flair'-allusion is met indeed.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

LadyRogue
Be Ready To Get Munched On!
Yesterday I finally decided to pick this one up, 125ML for a bargain. The chocolate, vanilla and orange notes listed made me want to try it, even blind, since the store doesn't have testers for this scent. Luckily for the price/value/amount I don't mind trying a blind buy. I have liked/loved every Elizabeth Arden I own so far.

When sprayed it's a bit harsh for a minute or so, than the most soft praline smell wafts from my wrists. Hmmm vanilla is teaming up and jasmine, freesia and musk join too and complete the happy dance on my wrists. I like it! I have also discovered that this scent is divine when layered over the chocolate or coconut body butters from The Body Shop.
Gourmand heaven with a floral garden in the middle! *YUM* As mentioned below, to my nose too, it is similar to Bvlgari Notte. And for a steal of the Bvlgari price!

The name 5th Avenue Nights might give the impression that this is a scent to go dancing or enter the night-life with. Well, of course one could -the scent is very yummy and attractive to others as well- but to me it's more of a comfy cozy date scent or sleep-over ;-) scent. I guarantee you will be 'munched on' with this chocolate/floral beauty. Thank God I have 125ML!

Silage is: "You have entered a bonbon store with a huge vase of seductive florals in the middle" - Longevity depends on how many sprays: on me 4+ hours with 2 sprays.

PS
I know some people find the Avenue bottles ugly, I don't. They remind me of a modern version of the square art deco Chanel model. Not that the bottle matters THAT much, but the eye (and my vanity table) like to enjoy the fragrance experience too : )

Anessa 3 years ago
You have just bitten into a milky white choc bar, filled with coconut flakes and lemon granules - for lovers of buttery vanilla cheesecake.+4
6.0
6.0

by Meinhardis
by Meinhardis

Popular Elizabeth Arden

Sunflowers (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (Eau Parfumée) by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Arden Red Door (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden White Tea by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1934) by Elizabeth Arden Splendor by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom by Elizabeth Arden Ardenbeauty by Elizabeth Arden True Love (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Untold by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lotus by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lavender by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Tropical by Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1989) by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Summer by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Nights by Elizabeth Arden