5th Avenue After Five (2005)

5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden

5th Avenue After Five is a perfume by Elizabeth Arden for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Honeysuckle, Coriander, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lotus, Lily-of-the-valley, Saffron
Base Notes Base NotesBirch, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.09.2019

8.0 4.0 5.0 7.5/10

Jazzy76
Before five!(And not in N.Y)
It is very curious how the advertisers choose the name of the products they 're about to launch. In this case, "After five" is a really wrong name for this flanker.
Many time I saw here on the net this fragrance and, imagining an evening-night version of 5th avenue, a bright perfume I own and I love, I was too curious to find it in the drugstores and to try it.
Finally, Yesterday i found it on sale on one of my favorite drugstores shelves: fantastic!
First of all, I appreciated the elegant and refined skyscraper-shaped bottle similar to the classic 5th avenue's one. Then I finally sprayed the scent closing my eyes and waiting to smell something warm, sexy and "nocturne".
What a disappointment when I realized that it was a very light, at least perceivable scent , almost "watered down "!
The flowery-fruity bouquet is pleasant, but too pale, quite non-existent. i didn't perceive at all the base notes such as the tonka bean, on my skin as well as on the mouillette.
Maybe with its softness, brightness and very light sillage , this fragrance could be the perfect morning scent ( or office scent ) in the hottest season because it's refreshing with a touch of class like a dew on the countryside grass (...but not at all in the Big Apple!).
Anyway, the relation quality- quantity-price is good: you can find at about 20€ or less a 125ml bottle , so don't be shy to spray it generously for a clean, refined and refreshing effect.
Now I say to myself: "To buy it or not to buy it? this is the question!"
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Light and Refined
This is such a nice fragrance; light and refined, twinset and pearls, matching shoes and handbag, elegant but lively.

I haven't got this perfume but my aunt has and on her it is a delightfully light, clean, powdery (but not in a dusty way), honeysuckle, bergamot, and soft musk.

Smelling her skin close up there is hardly any smell but the fragrance dances lightly on the air leaving a pleasant perfumed wake.

Projection is good, I catch fragrant wafts of the scent from across the room. I don't know about longevity but certainly she was still leaving a perfumed trail at the end of a full day running errands.

Strength is good, auntie only ever sprays one or two short bursts.

My Aunt has always stuited this style of perfume; on her skin Chanel No. 5, No 19, No22, Blue Grass, Anais Anais, this one, all exude elegance and light.

Actually one thing I have learnt from this is that smelling one's own skin is highly unlikely to be representative of the impact one's scent is having on one's surroundings, indeed I was most surprised at how much fragrance was in the air and how little could be smelt on auntie's skin. Thank goodness I am a chronic undersprayer myself because I like to wear well known heavy hitters (I'm looking at you early Aromatics Elixir - still love ya baby).

New bottle purchased December 2015
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Clean & Fresh
Elizabeth Ardens scents are getting plentiful in my wardrobe. I find that I like most of them and that they are very well made.

After finding and loving "5th Avenue" (the original) I didn't quite know what to expect from this 'flanker'. The original is quite heavy yet oh so lovely. Calling this one "5th Avenue After Five" gave me the impression it would be a heavier and even more deeper scent since it is intended for after work. How wrongly they named it! And how wrongly did I expect a clone of 5th Avenue! For this one is nothing like it!

After Five is a super-pretty-expensive-smelling-soapy-clean-slightly-lemony-almost-aquatic-super-fresh-scent-with-wood-notes. So very different from 5th Avenue!

Plum with honeysuckle on a bed of (lots) of bergamot. Birch and sandalwood notes embracing the entire scent evolvement to the dry down. It's classy, clean and super fresh. After Five is perfect for many all round occasions: office, home, gym, leisure and summer. To me however it's not 'naughty' enough to be an (After Five) evening scent; but that is a personal preference and in no way a reflection on the fact that I can see people wearing this as an evening scent.

It's a truly unusual all-rounder that is very well made. And I agree with the statements below that the name is misleading since one can hardly call this a 'flanker'. And that it should've been released under its own 'identity'. So if you expect what I expected. Sample it first! It is quite different from 5th Avenue! But very much worth discovering in its own right.

Silage is: "super-clean-pretty-soapy-aura-of-freshness" -- Longevity is: "all day long".
7.5 7.5 5.0 7.0/10

Icekat
Elegant crisp floral bouquet suitable for a daytime
After Five is an elegant, clean and pleasant scent. I would not call it sensual or fun scent that I want to put on for a night out but I could see this as a nice daily perfume. The floral bouquet is pleasant, polite and interesting enough not to bore me during the day.

At first I smell a nice fresh bergamot note mixed with a slightly sweet plum. There is also a nice pinch of pepper. But very soon the scent develops into strong floral bouquet with predominant lily of the valley. I have to admit that I love lily of the valley and it is decent here but it is not my favorite as the composition is a bit too sharp and crisp for my tastes. I prefer more delicate lily of the valley. Still, it is a nice clear and clean floral that exudes elegance and class. The floral bouquet lasts for at least 4 hours on my skin finally transforming into a very light and woody musk. I do not find the dry down to be particular interesting.

After Five is an elegant and pleasant daily floral but I will not repurchase it once the bottle is done.

Jazzy76 12 months ago
No sillage? no party! it seems weird, but this scent, in spite of its name,is bright and clean : perfect in the morning and when it's hot!
4.0
5.0
Firasmalanzy 17 months ago
I buyed this cologne blindly, good perfume, light and sweet, i gived it as a gift to my little sister i hope she'll like it :) .+2
5.0
6.0

Popular Elizabeth Arden

Sunflowers (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (Eau Parfumée) by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Arden Red Door (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden White Tea by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1934) (Perfume) by Elizabeth Arden Splendor by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom by Elizabeth Arden Ardenbeauty by Elizabeth Arden True Love (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lotus by Elizabeth Arden Untold by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lavender by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Tropical by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1989) by Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue NYC by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Summer by Elizabeth Arden