My Fifth Avenue (2018)

My Fifth Avenue by Elizabeth Arden

My Fifth Avenue is a new perfume by Elizabeth Arden for women and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Revlon.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Mandarin, Violet leaf, Ozonic notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesLotus, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Amberwood, Iris, Cedarwood

Submitted by Cincy, last update on 12.09.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Reese Witherspoon.

8.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Blauemaus
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you'll get." (Quote from the movie "Forrest Gump")
Can also be transferred to fragrances...

My Fifth Avenue was a blind buy for me. Actually, I like the Arden very much and here the commissions and reviews on the net read almost without exception well. He wasn't expensive either, he was just on offer for 19€/30ml. And in town, I always forgot to test it. So go ahead, put it in the shopping cart.

Well, My Fifth Avenue can't say I came, I saw, I won. At the first test still quite nice (you know who the sister is from *g*), at the second test the fruit sweetness got on my nerves so much that we couldn't stand it long together. I was about to turn him in, but I couldn't get rid of him in the barter game. So he got another chance. Meanwhile it wasn't so warm anymore - and I suddenly liked it. The sweetness was not quite so extreme and annoying and also a few flowers looked by. First and foremost Lotus. I don't really smell that much jasmine, My Fifth Avenue is simply a fruity-sweet, slightly floral fragrance with a woody, clean base. Like I said, some days he gets on my nerves. I always have to spray it on my arm and wait a little before I spray it "properly". Of course, this is only possible at home, for the holidays or so it is therefore not quite the right thing for me, because I always only take one fragrance with me.

The bottle, however, is beautiful, I like the gold and the simplicity.

If you want to get to know him, you can test him somewhere. If not, you haven't missed life either. ;) So far I have always found the fragrances of E. Arden unmistakable and blind to attribute. You can tell it's an Arden by the smell of it. My Fifth Avenue, on the other hand, is one of many that have been smelled hundreds of times. He reminds me a little of the scents of S.Oliver
7.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Flowery, discreet, pleasant
Today tested in the drugstore and I think M5A is a really nice, well-groomed fragrance that can be used anywhere and at any time.
Classification of the top note (with the help of the fragrance pyramid) Ozonic notes, yes, that's very good. Heart notes : Lotus and jasmine, find the lotus triumphs over the jasmine, so the fragrance is not too sweet but looks nice and clean. Base slightly woody, what exactly, my nose is simply too little trained for that.
The second fragrance I tested again today was Tiffany. My little daughter accompanied me and I gave her both hands to sniff. Which one's better? The one that smells like good flowers, the other one's angry. The good flowers were My 5th Avenue.
Shelf life at me: 5 hours, Sillage rather decent

I'm sure some will complain that the recognition value is totally missing in contrast to the legendary Ur- 5th Avenue, but nowadays I think it's quite difficult in the mainstream sector to create a fragrance with recognition value for the taste of the masses, considering how many new releases there are every year.
7.0 6.0 9.0 7.5/10

I carry a big name...
...was the name of a show my grandma liked to watch. A somewhat outdated guessing team had to guess the name of a celebrity, most of whom had already passed away. The celebrity was mostly presented by a mostly also older person, mostly related over five corners, who either hadn't achieved anything himself or stood in the shadow of his famous relative. It was a rather soporific show...

My fifth Avenue is unfortunately also in the shadow of his big brother. Those who got to know the fragrance in the nineties of the last century and have hopes for a new interpretation will experience a harsh final deception. Unfortunately I don't know the scent from back then, but the one that is very cheap today - and that's one of my special favorites in terms of flower scents.
And not only mine: Fifth Avenue is especially popular in the USA and a real evergreen. The fresh flower scent with the sweet Ylang Ylang, and the lime blossom is unmistakable. My Fifth Avenue has nothing in common with this fragrance except its name. He focuses on the trend of skin scents which should lay on the wearer like a second skin in order to increase the attractiveness. These could be the ozone notes. Whether or not this is true is a subject that has been discussed in a lively and ongoing manner.

But back to the fragrance: If you like Gabrielle from Chanel you might like this one too. While Gabrielle sprays the typical Chanel DNA in the beginning and later looks a bit old-fashioned, My fifth Avenue is powdery fresh with light citrus notes. Later, soft floral tones are added, which then merge into a slightly woody and slightly washy musky note. Fortunately, My fifth Avenue stays on the skin for about six hours and retains a certain freshness until the end. The overall impression is almost that of a high-end product but unfortunately only almost. The decisive kick is unfortunately missing. And Arden could do more...

Conclusion: My fifth Avenue is a modern, fresh, elegant and likeable fragrance for women who appreciate a more intimate fragrance. The bottle is very pretty and lies well in the hand. I would classify it as wearable all year round because, despite the citrus notes at the beginning, it is not a typical light summer scent. Unfortunately he was packed as a flanker and hoped for a larger group of buyers. That's a shame, because My fifth Avenue is an independent, quiet fragrance that deserves its own name and doesn't have to stand in the shadow of an aging relative.

by FrauLohse
by FrauLohse

Popular Elizabeth Arden

Sunflowers (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (Eau Parfumée) by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Arden Red Door (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden White Tea by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1934) (Perfume) by Elizabeth Arden Splendor by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom by Elizabeth Arden Ardenbeauty by Elizabeth Arden True Love (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Untold by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lotus by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lavender by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Tropical by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1989) by Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue NYC by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Summer by Elizabeth Arden