Red Door Revealed 2003

Red Door Revealed by Elizabeth Arden
Red Door Revealed is a perfume by Elizabeth Arden for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-powdery. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPearPear Green orchidGreen orchid Pink peonyPink peony
Heart Notes Heart NotesChampaca flowerChampaca flower LilyLily Orange blossomOrange blossom PlumPlum RoseRose TiaréTiaré
Base Notes Base NotesOakmossOakmoss Gaiac woodGaiac wood MuskMusk Black amberBlack amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.02.2021.

Pretty In Pink
The perfume deities led me to a shop where Elizabeth Ardens - Red Door Revealed was a silly 17,00 for 100 ML! As a 'self respecting' Perfumista *cough* ; ) I could not walk by without picking up a bottle!

And I am soo glad I did! At first spray I'm transported to a dressing room of a theatre or ballet? Flowers everywhere for opening night, the smell of expensive rose scented body powder (the kind that comes in a luxurious keepsake container with a big white fluffy puff) lingers in the air. Chanel lipsticks in various shades of pink are carelessly left on the vanities.

The orchid and peony are the first notes I discern...hmmm...then something soft and very powdery surrounds me (I have no idea what guaiac wood smells like, but I bet it has something to do with this delicious powder effect) Then rose and champaca join in and in the dry-down a hint of musk with the smallest touch of oak moss. The dry-down is very persistent; this scent never looses its floral-powder beauty. It's strong and soft at the same time. It's innocent but not 'childish' and makes you feel 'pampered'.

It's a very yummy smell, reminiscent of Versace Baby Rose, yet more mature. Baby Rose is more like a playful after shower/before bed cuddle scent, whereas RDR has a persistent feel of tender beauty and pretty feelings about it. It's very feminine. Not in an overtly sexy way but rather in a sensual and peek-a-boo floral-powder way. I can't stop sniffing my wrists when I spray this and I have noticed that this clean (not too clean), soft floral powdery darling also gets the approval of men.

Perfect for people who adore soft powdery florals that have enough musk to give them a slight sex-appeal without being too *aggressive*.

Silage is: "pretty florals and expensive body power are on my skin" -- Longevity is very decent for such a soft scent, on me 6+ hours. To my nose its suitable for all occasions since its pretty and soft nature makes it very versatile. Another EA scent that didn't disappoint me.

Red Door's Prim Sister
This is a prim & Proper younger Sister
to the Voluptuous seductive vampish
sexy larger then life Ethel Merman
Rosalind Russell of Perfumes RED DOOR.

it's has a nice opening of Pear Peony
and lily it's a shyer Version of the original
version if Red Door is for
Diva's Vamps Sex Symbols And for nighttime.

Red door Revealed is for Daytime young
girls First loves Innocence Spring
Sunday. picnic at the park.
2.5

A much tamer version of Red Door
I rather like Red Door Revealed. In my opinion, it's like a younger version of the original Red Door, something that a young woman can wear without smelling ghastly or too grown up.

Red Door Revealed opens with some subtle fruitiness, however pear just didn't strike me as one of the notes in this fragrance, somehow it's missing. The top notes are more like a sharp but fleeting burst of orange, bergamot and berries.

The heart of this scent is what I enjoyed the most. This fragrance becomes a soft, powdery and feminine floral, which settles on the skin beautifully.

The lasting power of this fragrance is fantastic on my skin, lasting well up to 6 hours.

If you're avoiding this fragrance simply because you presume it has the same overpowering and strong sillage like Red Door has, you are missing out. Red Door Revealed is the total opposite of Red Door. It's pretty, youthful, light, casual and sweet.

Popular by Elizabeth Arden

White Tea by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Royale by Elizabeth Arden Eau Fraiche / Body Basics - Eau Fraiche by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (Eau Parfumée) by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1989) by Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden White Tea Ginger Lily by Elizabeth Arden Splendor by Elizabeth Arden Red Door (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lotus by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lavender by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom by Elizabeth Arden Red Door (Parfum) by Elizabeth Arden Untold Absolu by Elizabeth Arden Arden for Men - Sandalwood (Eau de Cologne) by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1934) (Perfume) by Elizabeth Arden Ardenbeauty by Elizabeth Arden My Fifth Avenue by Elizabeth Arden