Red Door Velvet 2006

Red Door Velvet by Elizabeth Arden
Red Door Velvet is a perfume by Elizabeth Arden for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Earl Grey tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Jasmine, Pink peony
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by MartinGE, last update on 15.05.2020.

A flanker in name only
It's a flanker of Red Door in name only, so don't let that put you off ...

Red Door Velvet is a sweet musky fragrance that really does remind me of velvet. It wears similar ot SJP Lovely on me. One of the key differences between Velvet & Lovely (and her sisters, like NR Her): Velvet has a more organic, sweet, earthy musk, whereas Lovely a more synthetic, pink plastic dollhead musk. Velvet & Lovely are smell-alikes on me after the 30-minute mark. However, Velvet is a bit too sweet & oppressing to wear in the summer, whereas Lovely is wearable in heat. Red Door Velvet in best in winter.

Unfortunately, my husband thinks Velvet smells like a candle store. Haha, our entire home smells like a candle store. I'll wear Velvet anyway. I think it's one of the best in class mass-market musks, although it won't be loved by everyone.

Red Door with a touch of sensual velvet
There isn't really any comparison between this scent and the original Red Door. If you disliked Red Door, I urge you not to dismiss this fragrance.

The fragrance itself is quite musky, but nicely done. I think Red Door Velvet is more of a floral than a fruity scent. The bergamot in the opening is so subtle that you would have missed it entirely had you not been informed of its presence.

I was actually both shocked and pleasantly surprised by how expensive-smelling and sophisticated this fragrance is. The scent has a certain richness and warmth that exudes class.

The lasting strength was quite good I found, certainly better lasting than Red Door.

I won't say that this fragrance is better than Red Door, because in my opinion they both smell lovely when worn by the right person, however I'll admit that this fragrance would most likely be the more popular choice over the original.

For something deep, rich and unique from the Elizabeth Arden fragrance range, I would definitely recommend.

Popular Elizabeth Arden

5th Avenue Royale by Elizabeth Arden White Tea by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1989) by Elizabeth Arden Eau Fraiche / Body Basics - Eau Fraiche by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (Eau Parfumée) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lavender by Elizabeth Arden Arden for Men - Sandalwood (Eau de Cologne) by Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom by Elizabeth Arden Splendor by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lotus by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Summer by Elizabeth Arden Red Door (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Mimosa by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1934) (Perfume) by Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers Sunlight Kiss by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Intense by Elizabeth Arden