Splendor by Elizabeth Arden
Bottle Design: Susan Wacker

Splendor is a perfume by Elizabeth Arden for women and was released in 1998. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

James Krivda

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Apple, Bergamot, Wisteria, Freesia, Hyacinth, Peony, Sweet pea
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily, Magnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Poppy, Orchid, Rose, Tea
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Rosewood, Dark woods, Musk, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by MartinGE, last update on 11.10.2019

Splendor in the grass.
I just received my 125ml bottle yesterday and I'm wonder God I really wonder what there is not to like in a spring floral fresh perfume full of bliss and charm.

I have read many reviews that this is a grunny perfume and some ppl cannot stand it while they are in love with Diorissimo and some other heavy vintage hitters.

I haven't try the vintage Splendor but all I can feel is a magical hyacinth, Lily of the valley and green fresh flowers that when the time pass it becomes a beautiful and elegant happy and lilac coloured perfume a must for a date in a wonderful place outside or a garden party.

I feel so sorry for all those negative votes but I have it on my boudoir that see's the mountain and soon the sea in my summer house that fits perfect also with the place, house, etc and every lit thing.

Thank you Elizabeth Arden for another one gem that I payed so little but I receive so much joy and elegance.

V

summery
and a lady in a turquoise blue dress, with a white big hat and dark big sunglasses.exactly this picture was imposed on me, when i tested splendor for the first time.my incessant hunt, after clean, well-groomed scents, i became aware of this perfume rather through detours.it is a bright, friendly scent, without creamy sounds. on my skin, it doesn't develop much of a scent, which i don't find unpleasant at all.you know, what you get and don't have to expect bigger surprises.clean, fresh, well-groomed and elegant, i would arrange these attributes with splendor.i see it rather in summer, but i can also imagine it in the colder season.i also love the timeless flacon, which looks pretty almost everywhere...
7.5 10.0 10.0 4.0/10

A Dangerous Lily
I have a few EA scents in my collection and like/love most of them, so when a friend bough "Splendor" for a very cheap price, I was curious to test this one.
One spray on my wrist and it instantly hit me...a lily-of-the-valley note that allows no competition of any other notes.

On me "Splendor" is a lily-of-the-valley bomb like no other, its LOTV note is sharp, unforgiving and too much of a good thing, which makes it a bad thing. It doesn't mellow out and doesn't seem to have a middle or dry down, no, on me it's all sharp screeching LOTV. It gives me a headache and makes me slightly dizzy. After enduring it for 3 hours (I was in transit and couldn't scrub my wrist) I had to pull my sleeve down in a futile effort to *stop* the LOTV note from permeating my head into a dizzy spell, but alas, this Splendor is a longevity and silage monster and I applaud the chemistry that can tame it.

On the plus side: if you're a REAL LOTV fan then this one should be on the top of your must try list. It's very inexpensive and this lilly wont wilt and will stay with you far into the next day because even a scrubbing of my wrist could not really diminish its power.

Alas, despite the very friendly price and the elegant bottle, this one is definitely not for me - but don't let that deter you fro trying and enjoying it. Good luck!
5.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Seriously overlooked
Elizabeth Arden, in my opinion, makes some real quality scents. It's such a shame to see some people so ready to disregard the brand before giving it a fair chance. Splendor is highly underrated, and far beyond average when compared to some other white florals, most notably lily of the valley based scents. Splendor is almost as pretty as Diorissimo.

This fragrance is fresh, feminine and clean. The florals in this composition are sparkling and pure, just enough to satisfy some serious floral cravings. Lily of the valley comes across as being rather dominant in Splendor, with jasmine, hyacinth, freesia and wisteria smoothing out the scent and adding a pleasant soapiness.

Splendor is innocent and casual. A great scent to spritz on when you don't know what else to wear. It also suits almost every season and occasion. I personally love it for its versatility.

Young women, like myself, most likely walk past this fragrance in the stores thinking it'd be something boring and plain like the bottle and packaging it comes in. I half expect there would be discriminatory remarks like, "only for grannies" to follow in suit. I stand up for this fragrance, and openly declare that it is a scent worth testing, especially if florals are your thing.

Splendor is wonderfully inexpensive, however I also fear that it may be soon discontinued. My mother loves this brand, and this fragrance. I would be saddened if fragrances, such as this one, were to become no longer available. It's a beautifully composed scent, that has really left a good impression with me. Did I mention that the sillage and longevity was good too? Please, give it a try. It's not just for 'old ladies', even though I don't disagree that your grandmother would probably love Splendor too.
5.0 7.5 5.0 5.0/10

Splendor
When i first smelled this it reminded
me of fresh linen hanging to dry on a
warm sunny day and so i thought there where aldehydes in this and there's a bit of it in this but does'nt last
then the scent changes to an Lemony like
aroma i truely beleve that is the spicy
Hiacynth note is making it lemony
then the drydown consisting of sweet
freesia and green apple for the tartness.
there is an strong presence of an lily
note which i love lillies sweet magnolia
jasmine is a bit noticible but to be a bit diluted under the other notes.
the bottom has a strong note of cedar
then it ends with sandalwood.

this is an lift me up kind of a fragrance the hiacynth lillies and the
tartness of green apple it's bright
and cheary the reason it's not my favorite because i'm not a fan of hyacynth they put a little more then
they should but neverless a happy perfume

by elin
by DarkMatter
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Elizabeth Arden

Sunflowers (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (Eau Parfumée) by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Arden Red Door (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden White Tea by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1934) (Perfume) by Elizabeth Arden Splendor by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom by Elizabeth Arden Ardenbeauty by Elizabeth Arden True Love (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lotus by Elizabeth Arden Untold by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lavender by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Tropical by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1989) by Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue NYC by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Summer by Elizabeth Arden