True Love (1994) Eau de Toilette

True Love (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden

True Love (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Elizabeth Arden for women and was released in 1994. The scent is floral-powdery. The production was apparently discontinued.

Sophia Grojsman

Top Notes Top NotesApricot, Freesia, Green notes, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Iris, Orris root, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.01.2019

2.5 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

My First GrandBaby
True Love...what a poetic name for a perfume. I'm such a cynic. I'll roll my eyes admitting I wear this simply because of the name. But I always say we don't wear the label or the name, we wear the fragrance. I can't let it influence me.
True Love is a powdery floral reminiscent of roses that are sweet and would not offend a baby. It's gentle, clean with a woodsy hint of spices, with a hint of vanilla, similar to Love's Baby Soft. It's sillage is soft and it lasts as long as I want it to. In other words, a few sprays will last a few hours. It's not earth-shattering or ground-breaking, but not all fragrances need to be. At times, softness and quietness is needed.
At times, I need a scent so quiet, unassuming and soft that only I know it's there.
There could be many reasons. One could be under the weather, one could be visiting someone who cannot experience strong scents, or if you are going to be in a tight area, this is a good choice.
True Love also reminds me of babies, in a good way. It's a good choice to wear around very little ones if need be. This just fits the bill for a perfume lover that always wants to wear something but at times is limited in their choices.
I love perfume and always have. My daughter, on the other hand, wears two and owns only those two. (How could I have raised this anomaly?) When I visit her, she sniffs me and makes her usual pronouncement. "What is that you're wearing today?" And I tell her, and she harrumphs.
As a matter of fact, I'm going to be a grandmother soon, and I've been told I cannot wear my perfumes around my grandbaby. (Sad, but true.) I've told her that I've already got that covered. She looked at me and asked how that could be possible. With a smile, I told her she'll find out when the time comes.
I knew without a doubt I would never go perfume-less. (The horrors!) And I know she will swoop in and smell me to check. (Like a hawk.) And when that day arrives, I'll either be wearing True Love or Love's Baby Soft, because both remind me of a baby's fresh skin, the delicate aroma of a freshly powdered infant, which will be my first grandchild. And that will sincerely be True Love for me. Seeing and holding my first grandbaby.
2.5 7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Flipflops, Baby Oil and Sand
True Love is all about "Wind Jammer" dayboat cruising with inexpensive sparkling wine, lots of blue and crisp white striped cotton tops without collars and flip flops on the boardwalk for casual Summer Saturdays in the 70s. Baby oil notes surround a pleasantly summery floral composition. Orris root and Heliotrope provide a noticeable powdery feeling to this beachy scent. Apricot and peach are two of my favorite notes and are surprisingly well blended and not cloyingly sweet here. My only issue with this scent is its high pitched economy quality synthetic jasmine note is totally out of control somewhere in the middle of this drydown for about 2 hours. Once that note settles down this is the scent of rubbery well worn flipflops, sunbaked skin kissed with tropical floral notes and a warm sandy vibe. True Love falls just short of being a Coppertone Suntan scent, but I can tell that it is a younger less complex cousin, who is missing the salty marine note, to Bobbi Brown's "Beach" and CB I Hate Perfume's "At the Beach 1966". The base is super smooth alluring amber with vanilla and cedar overtones. I picked this up for the price of a large double latte at my local discount retailer, so why not? It is very soft and feminine, perfect for Spring and Summer evenings or days at the beach. I find this very good sillage about 2 meters and lasting 8 hours on my skin. It is not something I reach for often. Nay, it is not mind-blowingly innovative and ground breaking in terms of its composition or execution, however, in the category of soften feminine florals that I'd recommend to budding perfumistas on a budget wanting to bolster their collections, this is a great one to have in there. As long as it is readily available at such low cost, I'll keep it on hand for Sunny days...
5.0 2.5 5.0 1.0/10

Flowers Soaking in a vase of water
Flowers Soaking in a vase of water
it's bland it has no imagination
very boring fragrance Yawns :o

by Zora
by Zora
by Magdulenka
by Magdulenka
by Sunnyiland
by Sunnyiland

Popular Elizabeth Arden

Sunflowers (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea (Eau Parfumée) by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Arden Red Door (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden White Tea by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1934) by Elizabeth Arden Splendor by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Cherry Blossom by Elizabeth Arden Ardenbeauty by Elizabeth Arden True Love (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Arden Untold by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lotus by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lavender by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Tropical by Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden Blue Grass (1989) by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Summer by Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Nights by Elizabeth Arden