Diamonds and Sapphires (1993)

Diamonds and Sapphires by Elizabeth Taylor
Bottle Design: Susan Wacker

Diamonds and Sapphires is a perfume by Elizabeth Taylor for women and was released in 1993. The scent is floral-green. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Lily-of-the-valley
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 01.09.2019

7.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Melon and Lily delight
Another green that I can wear without it turning into a sour sweat smell on my acidic skin.. I normally stay away from green but this is a melon green, not a leaf or grass green..

I mainly get an aquatic melon with lily of valley, ylang ylang and jasmine.. the peach, rose, and sandalwood lay quietly in the background. I get a hint of the rhubarb but I'm not finding spices or vetivier in it.

Sillage is very good and it lasts over 6 hrs which is also very good on me.

I personally do not care that much for the bottles especially since this diamond line all look basically the same.. I painted a strip of nail polish around the 'studded' section in order to tell them apart faster, too bad they didnt put a couple red/green/blue rhinestones there in the first place
6.0/10

Better in Vintage
D&S wears great on paper, not on me. The mix of florals (jasmine, lov, freesia) is headache & asthma inducing. It's very strong for an EDT, even with a light hand. I like it but can only wear it on clothing or scarves. It's a contemporary bottle that looks as pictured.

I've since tested Boucheron Jaipur & Boucheron Jaipur Saphir. To me, ET Diamonds & Sapphires is similar in scent, but not quality, to these 2 Boucherons.

UPDATE: I've acquired a small vintage bottle in EDP formulation, in a solid gold canister with simulated diamonds. What a difference this makes! The vintage version a much more wearable and better quality. It's just enough to change my rating from neutral-minus to neutral-plus.

White Diamonds and Black Pearls are also ET fragrances that are better in vintage.
5.0 10.0 7.5 5.0/10

Lily Of The Valley Bomb.
I saw an interview once with Mrs Taylor in which she explains why she wanted to make perfumes. Apparently, all the perfumes she tried she didn't like, plus a lot of perfumes smelled alike to her and she ended up layering several perfumes to get one scent she would like. Somewhat recognizing this complaint, this story sounded interesting to me. So much so, that when I saw "Diamonds & Rubies" and "Diamonds & Sapphires" for a bargain price I decided to take the risk and -blindly- purchased both.
Well, The bottles are very pretty, they remind me of her jewelry penchant (I think that is the point).
I sniffed "Diamonds & Rubies" and can say: it's a pleasant and warm oriental that I shall be wearing one day; I just haven't found the right mood for it yet.
"Diamonds & Sapphires" is another story, I sniffed it and almost got a headache! Lily of the valley, that is ALL I smell! And not in a small amount either! I guess it's a perfume that one only uses one spray of or walk through the mist after spraying it in the room. Any other form of applying is -for me- too much lily. I have it stored and am undecided about it. But just the other day I saw "Diamonds & Emeralds" for a bargain price (all these are 100ML!) Shall I succumb and purchase? For these bargain priced perfumes they never offer a tester. Hmmm

Darling Elizabeth, I am not afraid of Virginia Woolf, but your Lily is scary! x.x.x

Saphir-Märchenhimmel im Moosbett
Juwelen – gut versteckt
Träumerisch
by Santalwalti
autumn smells fine spicy • Herbst duftet fein-würzig (Märzkirsche)
Juwelen gefunden ...