Diamonds and Emeralds (1993)

Diamonds and Emeralds by Elizabeth Taylor
Bottle Design: Elizabeth Taylor

Diamonds and Emeralds is a popular perfume by Elizabeth Taylor for women and was released in 1993. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden.

Top Notes Top NotesGardenia, Waterlily, White rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 09.06.2019

5.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Liz in a gentler way?
A while ago I "stumbled" over the Taylor scents. But I was skeptical, neither could I do anything with Liz Taylor, nor with celebrity scents. The comments of Diamonds and Emeralds, and Passion, however, made me more and more curious. At Passion still uncertain about the described power of the fragrance, I decided for the emeralds - at the price a blind purchase to be aggravated.

Received, unpacked, sprayed...and, surprised.
OH
Here nothing "attacks" my nose, but unfolds in the most beautiful way. First I clearly perceive fruits: peach, apricot...Orange? Then, however, something floral is quickly added, this must be the gardenia, arm in arm with the tuberose. Finally, the fruits and the flowers form a harmonious combination and the scent appears extraordinarily feminine. Sometimes during this process I subconsciously perceive something else. Slightly *äh*..... "red", like withering flowers - lily? But this is just a touch, and does not disturb the fragrance, but makes it even more interesting for me.

The other flowers stay skilfully in the background, and the gardenia swings sometimes stronger times gentler. Finally, it becomes softer and darker at the end. It must be the amber and the tonka bean listed elsewhere. The musk is soft and patchouli doesn't notice my nose - oh wonder.
And even if it is not listed here or elsewhere, I smell incense, it comes softly and calmly, and gives the fragrance depth at the end.
In the end, a creamy, soft and noble touch envelops me...*hmmm*........and I just feel good, and very, very feminine in my skin.

On another side the fragrance pyramid is described much more extensively, and this fits also to the perception of my nose.

I don't know *laugh* how emeralds smell, but this fragrance is lush without being killed, it takes the nose into a wonderful garden of various impressions.

The sillage is medium and I used the fragrance on hotter days without fear of headaches or fainting spells. The shelf life is good - still the next day the scent is perceptible on my skin.
I like the bottle less, reminds me of hair setting lotion...

I've been using the perfume almost every day for a few weeks, and I'm just happy with it. The fragrance is higher quality than many more expensive perfumes. It is a fragrance for women who enjoy their femininity, in summer dress, with cleavage....biting into a juicy peach. A fragrance for ripe fruits, where it doesn't matter how old they are. The fragrance radiates vitality, sensuality, self-confidence, and in the end it even reveals a gentle soul..... I will use it all year round whenever I feel like it.

I wouldn't have expected Liz, who seems so cool to me, but...
"Liz, this scent is as beautiful as you are."
And if I keep spraying happily, I'm gonna need a new bottle.
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Bewitching but not stunning
The quartet, consisting of diamonds, sapphires, rubies and emeralds, was purchased "blind" because it was only available online. Diamonds and Emeralds was the worst fragrance in the first test. "Hmm... well... that's how it goes" was my first reaction. I couldn't say what it was, but it has happened to me before that I fell in love with the second "Riecher". For the 3 other sisters of this series I was immediately enthusiastic, but the emeralds and I needed a longer start-up time, but this was not due to the gardenia, because I like this smell. In the meantime we have also found each other and I like wearing D&E very much.

D&E starts with lush gardenia. The water lily flashes out very softly and quickly withdraws again. The gentle rose also appears only briefly, for the main protagonist is clearly gardenia. It is supported by another flower, but I have no idea which one it might be. I can't always identify jasmine or lily of the valley. A green, slightly spicy component is added, probably the carnation, which prevents the gardenia from turning up too much. Amber, vanilla and patchouli are then quickly added to create a creamy, vanilla floral arrangement with a delicate sweetness. Bewitching but not stunning.

With me the "green gems" last about 8 - 10 hours and the silage is in the middle range. The fragrance is really great now in spring and I can also imagine it wonderfully on summer evenings. D&E needs warmth to develop itself beautifully and to unfold its full splendour, which is why I cannot imagine it on me on cool days or even in winter.

Gardenias are somewhat special flowers with an intense smell. You love her, or you hate her, I don't think there's anything in between. If you like discreet, lovely, delicate floral fragrances, D&E is the right choice for you, because this fragrance is extremely opulent and powerful. A lush, exuberant bouquet and an Elizabeth Taylor absolutely worthy.
5.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Sorceress
Diamonds And Emeralds-Creamy Florals Swirled with Patchouli, Musk, Vanilla, Tonka Beans and Amber
Bottle #3 of Elizabeth Taylor's fumes I now own, and I'm happy I do. Blind purchases all, and somehow I just could feel the trust she put into making them. These are fragrances that are well-made, well-formulated and just plain smell good. They are becoming classics in their own right.
Diamonds and Emeralds begins as a creamy soup of a myriad of flowers. If you're not into a prominence of florals. walk away from this perfume. If you are, step into a heavenly delight. This is a fragrance that needs to be either sprayed lightly on your wrists, sprayed in the air and walked through or sprayed on a cotton ball and dabbed. Either way, judicious spraying is the hallmark of using Diamonds and Emeralds for its best effect.
It is heady with creamy floral notes that swirl around you in a bouquet. If flowers could talk, this would be them euphoniously conversing. And talk well they do at this major floral expedition that bursts out well around you. For me, the roses, tuberose, gardenia and carnations are bursting at full bloom.
The base brings patchouli and musk, along with tonka beans, amber and vanilla to mellow this power-house. It stays strong for hours on end, until you wash it off. Another idea is to spray it on a scarf instead, where it will last for days.
Creaminess abounds, but this time, in a more subtle way. There is a green crispness to Diamonds & Emeralds that reminds me of when you snap fresh, organic greens and your kitchen begins to take on the clean fresh smell of snap peas, or any type of greens for that matter, as you are diligently breaking the ends off. The fresh aroma is inviting of what's yet to come. Now think of a cream sauce you're preparing for those fresh vegetables, one that's light, peppered with just a few spices, more of a french sauce and it's simmering on the stove. The windows are open and the breeze brings in snippets of the flowers you've planted this past spring.
It's not a sensory overload, just everyday living and you're right in the middle of some delectable aromas. Now open your eyes and you're wearing Diamonds & Emeralds.
Confident, day-time women that understand a fragrance will appeal to this scent, I believe. A great value for your money. Available in both drug-store and department stores in the USA, where Elizabeth Taylor wanted women of all socio-economic backgrounds to enjoy her perfumery.
7.5 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Truth or Dare Taylor Style
After purchasing Diamonds & Rubies and Diamonds & Sapphires at bargain prices for 100ML! I couldn't resist completing the set with Diamonds & Emeralds after finding it -also- for a bargain price in the generous amount of 100ML.

Diamonds & Rubies and Diamonds & Sapphires are 'Ok', to 'nice'. It's Diamonds & Emeralds that I should've found and purchased first! It's absolutely wonderful!

It's a white flower bouquet with a hint of mandarine an embrace of vanilla and a seductive orange blossom flavoured patchouli. The first thing that struck me when I sprayed this is its likeness to Truth or Dare by Madonna.
But where Truth or Dare is by many perceived as aggressive and too overpowering to the point of nausea; Diamonds & Emeralds is an elegant soft white flower garden that aims to please yet never tries to 'smother' you. (if sprayed with a bit of caution!)

Tuberose, gardenia, white rose and a dash of lily with a veil of patchouli. It's wonderfully soft and sexy. Yet noticeable without being in your face. It's perfect for people who liked the idea or some accords of Truth or Dare and couldn't handle the 'harsh' tone the white flowers develop on some.

It's perfect for all occasions due to its sheer yet gentle prettiness. It's very affordable and to my nose the best Elizabeth Taylor fragrance I have smelled thus far. I will use it and purchase it again.

Silage is: "I am holding a wonderful white flower bouquet with a high note of tuberose and gardenia and a hint of orange blossom smoked in patchouli" --Longevity is: "Why leave when I can stay until tomorrow?"

A beautiful scent and IMO a must sample for white flower lovers and all those people who would like to smell a softer more elegant version of Truth or Dare. Love it!

Tief und klar, wie ein Morgen im Wald