Diamonds and Rubies 1993Eau de Toilette

Diamonds and Rubies (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor
Diamonds and Rubies (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Elizabeth Taylor for women and was released in 1993. The scent is floral-spicy. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden.

Sophia Grojsman

Top Notes Top NotesLilac, Peach, Red rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Jasmine, Orchid
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 12.11.2020.

pudelbonzo
Fresh, pious, cheerful, free...
...I would like to add " fruity" to this motto of the gymnastics father Jahns.

Yesterday I was on a raid at TK Maxx - and Rubies were the last to go - simply because it was so cheap - and the scents of beautiful Liz always flirt with me
I always have the Ur White Diamonds in my house - and it is still glamorous and ladylike.

After the spark from Sparkling Diamonds failed to ignite me, I hesitantly sprayed Diamonds and Rubies.

And this lively smell ignited immediately.

It is rather something for the Miss - than for the Lady, because I find the Rubies to be amazingly young.
Lilac and rose speak for elegance - but the peach is lovely and girlish.
Sweet vanilla and spicy are balanced apart.
The cedar again appears to be grown up - but only overlooks the scent.

A multi-faceted fragrance that provides variety.

Suitable for both Miss and Lady
Rosalie
An olfactory journey through the seasons
Convinced by Santalwaltis commentary, I decided to buy the rubies after the emeralds, and...I have not regretted it. But when I first saw the fragrance pyramid, I thought to myself, "Lilac and spices - does that work???" YES, it works, and how...but first of all one after the other.

Right with the first sprayer, spring greets me in the form of a lilac powdery lilac cloud. I could float on this cloud for a while, I feel it so beautiful. Soft, powdery and gentle...but quickly it passes by, and a shy rose blossoms tenderly under the sun, but only briefly, almost imperceptibly, it quickly makes room. Now there are other "scents" but WHAT could it be? In another fragrance pyramid heliotrope is enumerated, and this could fit, sensually warm something narcotic and summery he comes along. I don't even notice the peach, and also the orchid and the jasmine are rather reserved. It stays that way for a short while, spring still dances in love with the young summer, when the spices are already "pulling in". Now it's cosy and warm and I tune in for autumn. But what might that be? Cinnamon, pimento....I really want to bite into a speculoos, but unfortunately I don't have one...this note stays with me for quite a while now, and every now and then a "flake" of the lilac cloud is added, very delicate and not disturbing, and surprisingly fitting. In the other pyramid, musk, sandalwood and almond also appear. This could explain the smoky "end", a gentle smoke that runs through the cool days of winter and stays on my skin for a very long time.

Never before have I perceived a fragrance so intensely and clearly, and I am thrilled again here. But I would rather arrange this scent to the grenades, warm and deep.

The Sillage is in the middle, pleasant range with me, and I feel the durability as enormous - still on the next day the smell is present on my skin. I could also imagine this scent on a man - if he resists the lilac at the beginning...;o)

A very beautiful, high-quality fragrance, just right for this season, and for the money almost given.
Glowing rubies
Diamonds and Rubies was a blind purchase, along with 4 other fragrances from Taylor and Arden, respectively, and I am thrilled with all of them without exception, even though they are very different from each other.

The opening is floral, fruity with beautiful plump, juicy peach and subtle lilac. The rose that joins it does not come from the greenhouse. It is a robust, wonderfully fragrant, red garden rose.

I don't smell any spices at the beginning, at most a small pinch of allspice. I can't make out jasmine and orchid, because suddenly it's raining powder, which combines wonderfully with amber and vanilla. It becomes warm and really cuddly and woody joins in. D&R has a distinctive sweetness, but it never gets pompous or even unpleasantly loud.

After about 6 - 7 hours I perceive an animal note, very subtle only, but present. Not sharp or superficially sharp, but for me quite perceptible. I also do not find this note unpleasant, but somehow fitting ... it just has to be. Afterwards there is also a hint of cinnamon, it is really just a touch and the fragrance seems perfect and round. But the real surprise comes much later.

Where other fragrances have long since worn out, D&R is really going crazy again. I wake up from a wonderful scent that doesn't seem to be from this world and only little by little I realize that I am the one who gives off this wonderful scent. It is a mixture of peach, rose, powder, vanilla and amber that seems to glow but doesn't burn you. This wonderful, extraordinary final note is difficult to put into words. All components of head, heart and base combine to a perfect unity and start to glow, almost to glow, from within. A fantastic fragrance Fireworks as the crowning glory.

The durability really blew me away, because with me D&R lasts, hold on, no less than 24 hours and if I hadn't showered, I'm sure it would have lasted even longer. The silage is rather mediocre, but that's because of me and my skin.

Everyone who is enthusiastic about extraordinary oriental fragrances should definitely try D&R.

Diamonds and Rubies...Release Your Inner Beauty And Sensuality
My immediate first spray was one of distaste. And that distaste lasted all of three seconds. It immediately morphed into a delightful love of this fragrance. Diamonds and Rubies is a woman's scent, a fragrance of responsibility,an all-business perfume, a scent of headiness that tells the wearer and the person that gets a whiff that this is a woman who knows exactly who she is-a confident individual who is aware of her self and not afraid to take the World on around her.
I have become a true fan of Sophia Grojsman's fragrances. At this point, I haven't found one that hasn't matched me. I am now searching for her scents deliberately and truly enjoy them.
The initial spray hit me with peach and lilac and was surprisingly creamy and rich. The middle florals intertwined with a mix of spices and lingered for a good 30 minutes before the final drydown to the base which I find absolutely delightful. On me, it's a mix of musk, benzoin and vanilla. It does turn powdery at the end of its run on me, which is fine, many frags do. Every now and then, a hint of a floral seeps through and reminds me of the flowers in the mix. Diamonds and Rubies is more of a complex perfume than I ever imagined it could be.
I believe it can be used year-round, anywhere, although it's not a go-to-bed snuggly perfume. It reminds me of a woman who enjoys her femininity, her makeup, her sensuality, using her wiles, using her choices. It embodies the essence of a woman. When I think of Diamonds and Rubies, I think of old-time Hollywood stars like Audrey Hepburn, Lauren Bacall and Marilyn Monroe, women who knew who they were and what they did and how they did it. They were comfortable in their own skin. They dressed for themselves because they were comfortable in themselves, and that's what this perfume is about. Being comfortable in your body, in your skin and in yourself.
I just wish the bottle was more reflective of the name. There should be faux Rubies added to the bottle, I think.
If you can, spray some on to try. It's not a fragrance to try on a test strip. You cannot get the full effect on a piece of paper. Once you wear this for a few hours, you'll see how complex and delightful it really can be on your skin. Diamonds and Rubies might just release your inner beauty waiting to come out and shine.

Warm & Spicy
I bought this a while ago and never gave it a proper review, well, today I wore it for the first time and I can say I like it. I don't love it, but perhaps it will grow on me?

The first spray is quite harsh and a bit sharp, then it smells --what I can only describe as-- "boozy". The peach combined with the spice notes give it a smell that reminds me very much of Glühwein, but this only lasts for a little while on me.
Then a lily of the valley note shines through followed by a shy rose and a deep almond wood note that settles its drydown on a base of amber-ish musk with a benzoin vibe.

A comfy warm and spicy scent that in my opinion is best suited for winter. Christmas would be the best time since it has a Christmassy feel about it. Festive red wine and spices, cozy fireplaces and happy people (drunk or otherwise ; ) having a comfy cozy time.

It's not my favourite ET scent. I only have three: Diamonds & Emeralds and Diamonds & Sapphires being the other two, and Diamonds & Emeralds is my favourite. It's a wonderful tuberose/white floral bouquet, similar to Madonnas Truth or Dare, but better.

Back to Diamonds & Rubies: Warm, spicy and sweet without being cloying. Not awesome but also not bad either if you're in the right mood.

Silage is: I am having a good time....come closer and be merry too!" -- Longevity is: "Spicy and loud for about 3+ hours, then it's a closer to the skin amber/almond wood cozy sweater." It's a winter-wonderland scent in a bottle, the price-quality ratio is so good it warrants a try.

Re: The bottle, I have read several opinions about the bottle, some negative. To me the bottle is not ugly, it's a minimalistic yet elegant design that manages to convey Mrs Taylor's penchant for gem stones without that it looks tacky or *girly*. It's actually a 'clean' shaped, classy style bottle design that is quite timeless in my opinion.

Rose Caprice
by AmySourbutts
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Elizabeth Taylor

Black Pearls (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Emeralds (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Passion (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes by Elizabeth Taylor Brilliant White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Passion for Men (Cologne) by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Sapphires (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Forever Elizabeth by Elizabeth Taylor Sparkling White Diamonds (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Night by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Lustre (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Passion (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Love & White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor