Passion (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor

Passion 1987Eau de Toilette

Oriane
04.12.2020 - 10:26 PM
No Passion for Passion
Passion is the second Elizabeth Taylor fragrance I have purchased. The first was Diamonds and Rubies in either an EdT or an EdP formulation. I do not recall exactly. It was a new bottle, and given the notes, I expected it to be a love or at least a strong like, but sadly, I must tell you dear readers that it smelt like hairspray to me and not good hairspray either.

I decided I might find a vintage Elizabeth Taylor fragrance a lot more appealing, though. This time I opted for Passion in the EdT formulation. I purchased two vintage bottles from the first production run. The first bottle was simply unwearable. Whatever was left of the fragrance smelt more like old cardboard than a voluptuous Oriental. The second, smaller bottle was wearable, but I did not like it as much as I hoped again based on the listed notes. I cannot identify it as an Oriental at all. I am not sure how I would categorise it to be honest.

I cannot pick out any of the wonderful notes listed in the pyramid. It smells like a very generic sort of fragrance. I find it neither spicy nor animalic. It is not particularly floral either. I am disappointed. Ms. Taylor was anything but ordinary; unfortunately, I cannot say the same for her fragrances, and I doubt I will try any more of them. They seem to be very low quality compared to a lot of other chemist shop scents. For example, Revlon Ciara is a very affordable fragrance, yet it is so much better than the Taylor fragrances. Passion's longevity is reasonable, but sillage and projection are very low.

As for the bottles, they are a bit kitschy, but I like them nonetheless. However, Passion's bottle feels so cheaply made that it could crack apart in my hand if I squeezed it too tightly, but I still like it.

I am so sorry to give a thumbs down to this fragrance. I wanted to be able to rate it neutral at least, but it would be less than honest of me to rate it neutral. Perhaps if I had smelt it whence it was first introduced, I would have liked it more. It has not aged well at all. By the way, the liquid does seem to be coloured purple, so be careful of it around your clothing if you decide to try it.

Fragrance: 2/10

Projection: 2/10

Sillage: 2/10

Longevity: 5/10

Latest Reviews

OrianeOriane 7 days ago
De profundis - Serge Lutens

De profundis An Unfinished Masterpiece in Perfume History
I feel the word "stunning" is used much too casually anymore, but there is no better way to describe my reaction whence I first sprayed Lutens De Profundis onto my wrist. Literally, my jaw dropped, my eyes flew open,...

OrianeOriane 17 days ago
Lust / Lady Flower (Perfume) - Lush / Cosmetics To Go

Lust / Lady Flower (Perfume) Smoky, Indolic Jasmine
I love jasmine and have been adding more and more jasmine-centric fragrances to my collection in 2020. I finally added Lust to my collection this week after reading pretty much every review of it I could find on-line as well as screening...