Passion for Men 1989 Cologne

Passion for Men (Cologne) by Elizabeth Taylor
Bottle Design Elizabeth Taylor
Passion for Men (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Elizabeth Taylor for men and was released in 1989. The scent is spicy-sweet. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 13.09.2021.

Unjustly neglected
The mega-summer of 2019, which was announced oh so big, and which was threatened to be even more violent, even warmer, even super, even drier than the one of 2018, has been weakening for some time. After a first rebellion, the summer collapsed again and is now crawling around listlessly and disorientated.
In the morning you are already forced to leave the house with your jacket on.
I'm not really offended about it, because I simply function better at temperatures around 20 degrees or below, but I would like it to be a little more sunny and beautiful
I don't really feel any desire for the light, fresh scents. But it's actually not the right time for the warm winter scents either Then it occurred to me, somewhere I have such fragrances, which rarely fit, are seldom worn and yet are much too nice to be lonely in the back corner and neglect their miserable existence.

And it was exactly on such a day that Elizabeth Taylor was allowed to bring out Passion for Men Cologne from this very same angle and accompany me through my working day.
It was a bit like seeing a dear friend again after a long time.

I was greeted friendly by a more than pleasant scent of spicy and slightly sweet elements. A hint of bergamot, accompanied by lavender, which can be perceived quite clearly. A little more floral comes out, jasmine, not obtrusive. Muscat is added, which I like in fragrances anyway. Nutmeg comes out wonderfully in Cacharel pour l'Homme. Although the scents are not closely related With a little patchouli, a dash of vanilla and vetiver, the seasoning becomes even warmer and deeper.
Musk adds the finishing touch, although the fragrance does not have a particularly strong animal tone.
The pyramid of fragrances indicated here does not seem to be complete. I think I can also recognize woody tones, cedar and sandalwood are probably present. And certainly oak moss is also included. This is actually hardly missing in classic men's fragrances The whole thing has a slight oriental touch without really being an oriental fragrance.

The fragrance is beautifully balanced overall, and even with one or two more sprayers, it does not take up much space or beating. With this I can also confirm a very good office suitability.
The Passion for Men is also quite durable, it stays for about 6 hours. But it gets very close very quickly
Seen in this light, Passion for Men has everything that constitutes a typical men's fragrance of the 80s, but it doesn't appear as a loud screamer, but delights me with a pleasant restraint. If I may express it in this way, the fragrance seems to me to be grown-up. I can't imagine Passion for Men in more youthful types, even if I don't want to make a strict classification with my raised index finger. For me as a guy in the second half of the 40s, who doesn't seem quite so youthful anymore, the scent suits me very well
The attitude towards promiscuous scents is very broad and can even lead to complete rejection.
I'd like to say it's different in this case. Nowadays, there are a lot of star and starlet fragrances on the market. Mrs. Taylor was probably one of the first in that respect Whatever fragrances have been released over the years under the name of Elizabeth Taylor can really not be called bad. I'm thinking of Passion and White Diamonds, great fragrances with a high recognition value, also the offshoots of White Diamonds are very beautiful for me (I don't know the newer fragrances).
It's a pity that only a men's scent was enough, because I like Passion for Men very much. Here nothing is arbitrary or artificial. It would certainly have been exciting to know more men's fragrances by Liz Taylor.
I mean, having read that Liz Taylor had a say in fragrances at the time. I'm sure she did Unfortunately no great effort was made with the bottle. I have 118 ml and the thing is anything but good in the hand. The simple plastic cap doesn't really fit to it either.
At least the sprayer is good But it is the content that counts. And it's a success.
One can or could acquire the fragrance more than cheap, but Passion for Men smells anything but cheap.
I'd like to know who created that scent, though. Unfortunately I have not found any information about it. But it wouldn't surprise me if the scent was created by a famous hand.

Now I am a little saddened by the fact that the production has apparently been stopped. Little by little, it seems that some treasures from times gone by are disappearing and have to make room for other creations. But that's the way everything is in flux Anyway, I am glad that I have brought out this beautiful fragrance again. And maybe there will be a bunker flacon at some point.

Darkbeat
A sweet oriental with a vintage touch, very nice.
When I tried it this afternoon, thanks to a sample of a colleague, I expected something outdated or old, but what a surprise, I found an oriental with a vintage touch of carnation, magnificent, I did not imagine it like that and much less with the price that fits this beautiful work at present.

The output is a citrus and aromatic beauty very nice and sparkling, but lasts what a candy at the door of a school, nothing ... then the curtain opens with the three protagonists of this act, the carnation, cinnamon and vanilla, giving way to a sweet, resinous and spicy aroma, where plays, an important role, a semi-powdered carnation with a vintage air, beautiful. This complex aroma of carnation, resins and spices, is supported by a light woody background with a small nuance of lavender, which I love, joining a beautiful set. Already in the drying, this woody bottom, is acquiring greater prominence with that tone "alavandado" so beautiful.

It is an oriental perfume, and it feels complex in its execution, but, even so, it has an air of freshness that makes it very current, although not youthful, and I do not mean that it is cool, but because to be an oriental it is quite light and bearable, which I imagine is because of the received reformulations, since, not even remotely resembles what they say when it came out in the 80's.

Perfume performance is moderate, nothing out of the ordinary or remarkable, with a duration and wake more than acceptable for the price it has.

It is an aroma of fresh and temperate weather, and generally nocturnal, although due to its current lightness, it is very usable during the day and work, making it an excellent oriental for daily use.

A very nice oriental and I liked it a lot, but I would not recommend it blindly, it already has the imprint of the time it was created, and it is not very current taste, so, my recommendation would be focused for those people who like of the old school Orientals with that vintage tone of semi-powdered carnation.

Sorry for my bad english.

Passion for Men
This is a cologne that I wouldn't have expected to like. But like it, I do! I don't find it too strong or overpowering like a lot of other cologne's done in the 1980's. The smell is pleasant and yes, maybe a tad on the feminine side but I would say it has a nice mix of feminine and masculine. For the cheap price, I think it's a good buy and there really isn't anybody else wearing it so it stands apart from the most popular fragrances out there right now. This is an older cheapie that is still a goodie! I can still smell it on myself at the end of the day too so the staying power is decent.

RobbieXRobbieX 1 month ago
A quality spicy and vanilla juice. Lovely. Similar to GBH's Red
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
An oriental fougére, complex, agreeable and with a sweet vanilla drydown.
It has an amusing resemblance with Prada Amber pour Homme Intense.

by Scorpio
by Ute
by MrOllium
by MrOllium

Popular Elizabeth Taylor

Diamonds and Emeralds (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Black Pearls (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Passion (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes by Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Brilliant White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Sapphires (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Forever Elizabeth by Elizabeth Taylor Sparkling White Diamonds (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Lustre (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Night by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Love & White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Passion (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds en Rouge by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Emeralds (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Sapphires (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor