Sparkling White Diamonds (1999)

Sparkling White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor
Bottle Design Elizabeth Taylor

Sparkling White Diamonds is a popular perfume by Elizabeth Taylor for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Elizabeth Arden.

Top Notes Top NotesGardenia, Lily, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Narcissus, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Musk

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 28.03.2019.

7.0 8.0 9.0 6.0/10

Very helpful Review
Powdery icicles
Sparkling White Diamonds is another fragrance where I seem to be in the minority with my experience.
This was repeatedly called a "soft", "sparkling/fresh" scent elsewhere, with romantic associations ranging from Elsa of Disney's Frozen to snow angels and ice queens which added to my curiosity. Encouraged by the predominantly positive feedback, I finally dared a blind purchase, lacking any testing opportunity.
This being just my second Elizabeth Taylor fragrance after Gardenia, I never came to smell the original White Diamonds; therefore, I had no idea what kind of fragrance to expect.

Coming straight to the point, this perfume did not have any 'soft' nor 'fresh' characteristics to my understanding of these words. It opened with a bitter-sweet sourness like that of a dried tangerine peel, paired with a rather sharp white floral on a heavy, sweetened base and strong musk. I had expected to feel some kind of breezy coolness, based on some reviews and also suggested by the name and its beautiful design of both the bottle and the hologram box featuring snow crystals.
While the cold aspect might be there, it is a static one, and I was reminded most of powder soap with no air stirring. Instead of the anticipated refreshing, sparkling creaminess, my nose was pricked with sharp icicles, and I waited for a smoother dry down in vain.

Wearing this in the freezing cold to see how it fared in a wider space, one light spritz on my cleavage turned out to be potent enough! The heady tone comprised of bitter citrus, florals and musky heavy amber irritated me so much that I could not concentrate on my tasks: I felt as if I was constantly forced to put my nose into a freshly opened box of facial towelettes.

In the very end, the faint remnant on my pyjama smelt clean and much more pleasant the next morning... I might have enjoyed this more if it was less intense.
A powerful, clean and sweet floral perfume with good affordability and longevity of a whole day, I recommend testing first if you are not accustomed to some headstrong powderiness.
7.5 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Sweet Florals Lead To A Delightful Musk
I've been collecting Elizabeth Taylor's perfumes. I find them interesting, well-made and each one I've worn seems to have its place in my perfume world. They aren't quite drug-store perfumes, as they are sold in Sephora and Macy's, also. Elizabeth Taylor wanted all women to experience her fragrances, and I think that was a wonderful idea that she promoted. I really don't know why some call them a drug-store perfume when in reality, they aren't. The idea was to market them to women of all socio-economic levels so they could experience the wonderful world of perfumery no matter where they shopped without snobbery. It worked. Except there are still snobs in our world of perfumistas that insist on turning up their noses at the line. They don't know what they are missing, I truly believe.
Sparkling White Diamonds holds its own on my vanity amongst all my perfumes with integrity. I've found with the one's I've owned so far, six to date, there is always a very strong opening that seems assaulting. But hey-I fight back because I like the strong notes in the beginning. In the case of Sparkling White Diamonds, it's the mix of delightful florals. These perfumes almost appear to start out as a bullying perfume. They can be strong, brash and appear to be too much. But there are two things to consider: 1.) the application and 2.) the strength.
All of her fragrances are strong and radiate well. Application should be minimal or sprayed at least an hour before leaving home. Even the EdT is very strong, so be careful. The EdP's change slightly and should be dabbed at pulse points. There is a lemony wax feel, not unlike a creamy furniture polish. It submerges the florals at times. Sparkling White Diamonds dries down within a half hour to a much softer version of its original self. Not a business frag, its a good scent to wear to dinner, to a party, or around the cold winter holidays.
The EdP dries down to a sweeter musk and floral than the EdT for me, while the Edt dry down is sharper throughout. Both are very feminine. Either way, with both, I enjoy wearing Sparkling White Diamonds.
Top notes come through loud and clear and when Sparkling Diamonds ends its run, its just a quiet musk. The bottle is a pale mid-blue clylindrical with a silver plastic cap and the traditional band of white diamonds surrounding it. The EdP bottles are adorned with little gold bows on top that can either be encrusted with faux diamonds and depending on the perfume, a faux emerald, ruby, sapphire or diamond.
I'm looking forward to my next purchase of an ET perfume.
5.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

White Diamonds Lighter Sister
I got this for a Christmas gift and when i sprayed it
on my skin it opened with an sharp metallic scent of
aldehyde and i thought this must be an inexpensive
version of Chanel no 5 Unlike chanel it dried sweeter
and more softer florals came steeping though the notes.
What Sparkling Diamonds conjours up for me is a sight of
fresh white Lilies wet from the nocturnal summer's rain
giving off an sweet aroma from their long and sinuous
Petals blowing in the clear summer sky Gardenias blooms
under the Sun's gentile rays the reveal it's pure and
unblemished petals of Elegant white folds with it's
stately and trademarked buttery sweet scent, dries
with elusive jasmine blooming in a shady bush with it's
herbal greenish smell gives it an earthy quality.
Rose opens the middle with a velvety heart then
deep intoxicating of vain narcissus adds to the vanity
of beauty, The drydown is cloyinish with amber adds
the animalistic in us and dries with dry woods.

Sparkling Diamonds i can put in three words

Breezy Sexy and Beautiful.

by Pluto
by Pluto
Sparkling Zircon gemstones encircling the perfume bottle.
by Sorceress

Popular Elizabeth Taylor

White Diamonds (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Passion (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Emeralds by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Sapphires by Elizabeth Taylor Black Pearls (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor Forever Elizabeth by Elizabeth Taylor Passion for Men (Cologne) by Elizabeth Taylor Sparkling White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Brilliant White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Night by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Lustre (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Love & White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Passion (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Black Pearls (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor