White Diamonds 1991Eau de Toilette

White Diamonds (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor
Bottle Design Susan Wacker
White Diamonds (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Elizabeth Taylor for women and was released in 1991. The scent is floral-powdery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Revlon. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Amazon lily, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Iris, Jasmine, Narcissus, Tuberose, Turkish rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.10.2020.

SorceressSorceress 7 years ago

„White Diamonds - More Complex Than One Thinks”

ScentFanScentFan 7 years ago

„Lily Gone Wrong”

Pedito
Horrendous... HORRENDOUS! Could I possibly be any more clear?
I loathe this in every single formula. Loathe this. LOATHE THIS. I could only imagine that hell (which I will never go to) will be playing deafening loud Queen rap remixes with a continuous spray of White Diamonds up your skeletal nose along with brimstone raining down onto you. Further, you’re attempting to wade in a shallow pool of molten lava while being forced to listen to Queen and smell White Diamonds! God this perfume is torture to the maximum.

I dunno... maybe this smells like pixie dust while wearing it, totally drug inducing. I will tell you that from an outside nose, you make me feel sick to my stomach, and I can’t breathe around you. It’s like my soul is being stolen right through my mucous membranes. And it’s not even the sillage, it’s this huge, huge bubble that’s like 10 feet by 10 feet that nose fucks everyone. It’s this hella, ‘hella’ musky/oakmoss purple floral that smells like moth balls. It’s literally nauseating. I feel violated from this nasty shit when I unwantingly experience it. This is like the girl version of Bowling Green’s Grey Flannel. Both of these monstrosities are the most intrusive, old lady, note: OLD LADY nukes to come down the pike. I mean fuck!

As a foreword. I’m going to bash the shit out’a this, if you haven’t grasped that yet...

This icky, wicked, nuclear, depressing satanic concoction from the deepest pits of hell has been a nemesis in my life for a very, very long time. In my perfume journey over the course of 30 years, this odor, this smell, seriously disturbs me. It’s incredibly negative and the annoying sillage is GINORMOUS. Suffocating, debilitating even. I’m instantly in a pissy mood if I come across this (happens about 3 fold as coming across Bleu de Chanel). Probably because this is readily available at Wal-Mart but more so for the fact that every woman that wears this feels the need to douse themselves immensely.

Horrendous. Pisses me the fuck off coming across it. The only smell that does that to me. I hate it with my every fiber. It’s a disgustingly potent, (mind you POTENT) overpowering musk bomb that reeks to high Heaven of someone covering up 4 days worth of unshowerd ass and pit stank, I kid you not. Not even exaggerating. White Diamonds is the ‘most’ incredibly pongy musk bomb smothered in purple lilac and purple flowers that it makes me feel sick. I’ve smelled thousands of perfumes, thousands. Every time I come across this which is quite a bit surprisingly which always seems to be at the grocery store, it’s a mile of sillage that sucks the air directly out of my lungs. From one of the isle to the other. Really? 60 feet of sillage? No joke. Fuck, I hate this!

Once on my job, a much older woman (naturally) was wearing this in the parfum version. The booth she was sitting in emanated White Diamonds for the rest of the evening well after her physical body had departed the restaurant... oh but this, this ‘White Diamonds’ epoxy shit stuck around. Ick.

It is literally the epitome of why old lady perfumes started being named OLD LADY PERFUMES! This is because every woman that wears this fuckin’ monstrosity feels the need to bathe in it. STOP ALREADY! For real, this perfume reeks. It’s nauseating and nauseatingly strong. Taylor was a shitty actress with terrible taste in perfume.
Diamonds at Easter
Yeah, I know, that scent has been extensively commented on. But I am a huge fan of Elizabeth Taylor :-) The name "White Diamonds" is misleading in that it is not a radiantly cool scent that reminds of precious diamonds. I perceive it as "golden". It reminds me of a fat green meadow with buttercups and fits somehow well into the Easter season, probably because of the narcissus. For me it has a great resemblance to Chloe Narcisse, but without its sweetness.

The fragrance begins violently with aldehydes, lily and rose give it the elegant, ladylike framework, narcissus and tuberose contribute the narcotic, patchouli and sandalwood ensure that it smells unsweet and adult.

Please dose very sparingly, if overdosed it becomes annoying!

A long-lasting, high-quality, room-filling fragrance with which one has a lot of pleasure. It goes best with more mature ladies who are not too introverted. For more delicate minds it is probably a bit too heavy
The bottle is simple yet elegant. The price is unbeatable. Many a high-priced fragrance pales with envy! However, it is not recommended for friends of sugar water.
Whiff
Ice cold bouquet of flowers
I first owned White Diamonds at the age of 20 and my mother gave it to me for my birthday. She already knew then how much I liked perfume. ;-)
I really liked it then and the bottle knocked me out. Especially the lid with the stones or the diamond replica.

The first seconds after the spraying shot immediately flowery round, possibly mixed with a slight bitterness. The warmth of the skin absorbs this fragrance immediately and transforms it into a total work of art within a few minutes. After about 5 minutes I don't smell anything of the initial bitter anymore, it's more as if this note was necessary to make the flowers look cold. I don't know exactly, but it could be bitter orange.

Cool and fragrant we continue into the 2nd section after about 20 minutes. It doesn't take long for him to develop into a heart. There is a bouquet of all the flowers mentioned in the air and slowly I notice that the rose is approaching.

The shelf life is so good that it lasts loosely 8-10 hours.

I wonder how they managed to mix the coolness with the flowers.
Normally, the cold makes odours freeze.
Chemically, however, things are quite different here.

This perfume is so beautifully different, especially and despite the abundance of the many flowers so beautifully unsweet, full-bodied and characteristic. I'd recognize it among millions of other perfumes.

Until recently, I didn't know at all that there was an eau de parfum in the similar bottle.
I had bought it cheaply on the Internet and was very curious about the difference.

The concentration in the EDP is definitely warmer. Here the typical cool effect is missing, but there is a concentrated load of flowers inside and overall it looks a bit stronger. The strength is not related to the shelf life, because they both hold loosely a whole day, - it is more the intensity of the bouquet and possibly a slight honey note, which could be present in the EDP.

The end of the EDT is still cool, but mossier and earthier, the EDP more woody and balsamic.

I love both of them and hope that they will remain with us for a long time to come.
Diamonds in Yellow
At least a year ago I was lucky enough to buy an older bottle of White Diamonds from a private source. I can't find any batch code, but the thick tube tells me that my bottle could still be from the nineties. Nowadays, the tubes in the bottles are all very thin.
The colour of the Eau de Toilettes is a deep honey orange. As dark as on Irini´s Photos or as on Extrait. So it should have "matured" a few years ago.

I liked White Diamonds from the first spray. He's got everything a woman needs. No harmless sugar water is that!
It starts with an appropriate dose of aldehydes, but they do not have a hairspray effect. Blumig we continue immediately with the lily, which doesn't get too asig here and combines beautifully with a round of unsweet jasmine. The aldehydes seem to tame the power flower duo a bit. Very pleasant the whole thing. Intensively perceptible and yet not too wummsig (for me anyway). Tuberose is also well perceptible and fits well here. The other flowers don't show up to me like this or are spun in discreetly.
The base is very substantial. But I only take oakmoss very delicately here but instead I could swear that there is a good portion of civet in here, I really like that! But in the pyramid there is nothing about Zibet.
The Sillage is not from bad parents, at least my cats blink when I spray it on me at a distance of two meters. The durability is also very good.
I think I'll have to get a spare bottle of this. A great fragrance is this.

I liked White Diamonds from the beginning. A fragrance to my taste. A rich, classic fragrance for real women who are in the middle of life and know what they want. For women who don't care about the opinions of others and live their lives.
Diamond Fever
When I spray myself with White Diamonds, Knowing immediately comes to mind. But the two fragrances have nothing in common at all, only similarities in the base. The top note and heart note are completely different. They don't even come from the same "stable", so there can be no family resemblance. Both are straight, American and maybe I see or smell a relationship there.

WD starts with sparkling, fresh Neroli that tickles in the nose, but never stings or is unpleasant. Aldehydes give a short rendezvous and leave the field quite quickly to the beguiling lily, which never gets pompous or nasty. Despite jasmine, the fragrance does not drift in the direction of sweetness, as the carnation provides a subtle spice and the rose does not push itself into the foreground. The composition is extremely well-balanced and beautifully balanced. The amber briefly provides warmth until moss and patchouli steer the fragrance in a tart direction. Slightly tart yes, but never masculine.

WD is a classic and, in a positive sense, ladylike fragrance, which never "old-fashioned" and is a suitable companion for every occasion, as it can also score points with endurance and silage.

Especially now in spring I like to wear WD very much, even with unladylike clothes, because jeans and T-shirt he can easily handle

WildGardener
All but by her hand so fair
It was told to me in all sincerity, dear reader, by the antiquarian book dealer who sold to me this priceless jewel, that the manuscript I present before you today is a genuine translation of a copy taken by an assistant pot washer at the alchemical laboratory of Holee Wood.
He furthermore led me to know that the perfume in question was conceived of by order of none other personage than the last Phaeroh and renown Queen of Egypt Cleopatra, when she tired of the unguent her priests would bring to her.
It is believed, she would complain that the Khyfu as they called it, was a viscous brew that smelled darkly of honey, spices, wine, myrrh and other balsams, and that she could not remove the stuff from her hair for many days after having been anointed with it.
The great Queen therefore ordered the Imperial perfumer to create for her a perfume unique to her, and seemly to her status as the most beautiful, famous and beloved of women of her age.
The manuscript which I faithfully copy out for you now is confirmed to be the authentic product of a most exigent collaboration between the Queen and her Mage.

MANUSCRIPT
Take ye the essence of persic and candelwick, flowers of the rose of Turke, jessamin and tubarose of Gresse, rich wood, hotte spyce and sweet roote of orris, white lys and narcisse. Add to them spirits of wine and pass them through ye alembyc. With podds of vannill, resine of ciste and olibanne, & if ye see violetts put them inn. Be sure to find patchouly leaf, moss of oake and ambergries in small proportion by her lady's wishe.

Place in a cool cellar for 9 passages of the moon, cause thy apprentice to turn the closed vessel by the weeke.
To the waters add ye the pressed skin of the orange tree, flr of bittr orange and fine bergames of Sicili. Leave again to turn by ye appr. for sixe months till all hath attained to honeyed balm and by juste proportion made fayre.
Makes of ane very good perfume.

It be reported that the great Cleopatra, her of wide celebritie, did order Maitre Ben Ayim ye alchymist to the makyng of it, and that she did closely tailor the progess thereof, to her bountyous delight and satysfaction.

END OF MANUSCRIPT

Lily Gone Wrong
For me, this is another example of lily gone wrong. First sniff was just putrid. It dried down a tad better, but not much. I had the same reaction to Jovoy's Lys Epona and another scent with lily I can't recall right now, or was it iris? To me, putting the two of them together is utter folly, unless done by a true master. Adding aldehydes? Good grief. I'm surprised my poor nose didn't end up in the emergency room! Fortunately, D&G's Intense for women came in the same package so immediate first aid was available. Many obviously don't have this reaction, but if you're at all sensitive to either lily, iris, or aldehydes beware!

3/11/15 -- It was warm here last year when I first tried White Diamonds. I tried it again this week. The weather's cold. Amazing result. Narcissus, which I found caused the putridity, blends with the rest of the notes now and the result is a luxurious perfume! Here's a forum discussion about it: http://www.parfumo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31339#31339.

even tiny dogs hate it
TRUE STORY: my batshit crazy grandmother (who is 90, italian, still dyes her hair black and has huge fake boobs) had to go to a retirement condo/villa and her chihuahua wasn't allowed... so she gave the dog to my sister. upon getting the wee fella, my sister bathed the powdery old lady smell off him and let him run about the yard LIKE A DOG SHOULD.

he got dirty, smelly and loved it.

well!

one day my grandmother came to visit him and immediately wrinkle her nose in repulsion informing my sister that "he stunk!" while she SIMULTANEOUSLY pulled out an entire bottle of white diamonds from her pocketbook and proceeded to *squirt squirt squirt* that poor little dog right in front of God and everyone. it... was... the best/worst thing... ever.

White Diamonds - More Complex Than One Thinks
A multitude of flowers, tempered by creamy Egyptian Tuberose immediately brought to mind a bath of scented oils. White Diamonds reminds me of the strong power fragrances of the '80's-ladies who wore suits with shoulder pads, short skirts, high heels and big hair and weren't afraid to say no, because they knew who they were, what they wanted and where they were going.
I recently met a woman in the fragrance department of a store who told she only wore this perfume and was constantly on the look-out for others to no avail. We had a lively discussion over the old-time perfumes and I suggested some new ones for her to try. We parted happily after our discussion, two mature women, of an era passed, where perfumes were once delicate and feminine, then turned to a heavier insidious oilier vibe-the musks, the patchoulis, the vetivers, then on to the powerhouses of the '80s'. We've enjoyed our true gourmands, our real vanillas, our basics. But now we see the insipid fruity blends. The mixes that are flash-in-pans, the slap their names on and call a designer perfume. And we wonder what will become of this younger generation when they mature? What will be their baseline to cull information from?
Not so with Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds. The aldehydes, of course, immediately hit you, but so does the bergamot, taming the bright florals of lily, carnation, jasmine, and ylang-ylang. But you expect this. The citrus of neroli, violety resemblance of orris root, light spices of cinnamon, hints of Turkish Rose, the hypnotic headiness of narcissus are all blended so well it's no wonder this fragrance is becoming a classic. Amber powders the mix well, while the oakmoss and patchouli give it its mysterious undercurrent. A light musk and a bare inkling of sandalwood all combine to make White Diamonds a perfume definitive unlike any you'll smell and one you'll always remember. This is a love/hate relationship perfume. It is for the experienced wearer, for the lover of perfumes that understands and appreciates the correlation of notes as they are applied.
Slapping her sobriquet on a bottle wouldn't have made Liz happy. She needed to make the perfumes work. She was successful in her goals. As with all of her fragrances, sillage is strong, as is the longevity. There is so much going on from start to finish, it is a joy to experience. This is a daytime or nighttime fragrance to wear, one to make you feel and experience strength.
I can understand falling in love with this perfume, and why someone would make it their signature perfume. It is complex. It's warm and surrounding. There are quite a few in the line to sample, and if you have the opportunity, give as many as you can a test. They are fascinating perfumes.

Surprisingly good
I smelled this on a young woman while in the check out line of a grocery store. It was a sweet musky floral fragrance and very noticeable. I was amazed when she told me it was White Diamonds. She said it was her favorite perfume and she wore it all the time. My previous perception of this scent was that it had way too much aldehydes in it for my tastes. But yet, here was this young girl wearing it and it smelled fantastic. I think perhaps this is one of those scents that you really need to have patience for and wait for the die down. Also I think it smells better from the other persons perspective, since they are not right on top of the scent as the wearer is. The fact that you could still smell it it a grocery store says a lot about the strength and sillage.

Irini ist heute 55 ....jihaa ....*****
Für Fresh
by Irini
Colourful for Fresh21... once again!
by TIA1971
by Schahram
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Elizabeth Taylor

Black Pearls (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Emeralds by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Passion (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes by Elizabeth Taylor Brilliant White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Passion for Men (Cologne) by Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Sapphires (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Forever Elizabeth by Elizabeth Taylor Sparkling White Diamonds (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Night by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds Lustre (Eau de Toilette) by Elizabeth Taylor Passion (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds (Parfum) by Elizabeth Taylor Love & White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor