Nirvana Bourbon (2016)

Nirvana Bourbon by Elizabeth and James

Nirvana Bourbon is a perfume by Elizabeth and James for women and was released in 2016. The scent is smoky-woody. It is being marketed by Butterfly Beauty.

Bourbon vanilla, Oak wood, Tuberose

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.03.2019.

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon
Imagine sitting around a campfire outside in the summer time while eating a big bowl of vanilla ice cream drenched in bourbon whiskey sauce. That's pretty much what this perfume says to me when I wear it. It's not sweet like some might expect from a vanillafied perfume and all of the elements work together in proper unison to create something surprisingly wearable for a scent with only three notes in its composition. It's not complex but it doesn't try to be and therein lies its beauty.
The staying power is the pitts, just like Nirvana Black but because I do love the smell so much, I use these for layering with other scents to create something completely new and alluring to keep people guessing what it is that I am actually wearing. If they could improve on the sillage and longevity, I'm convinced that the perfumes in this line would be much more revered and sought after. I am not a whiskey drinker but this is one bourbon that I can tolerate and enjoy!

Assay of Sillage & Longevity
I love this fragrance - that is to say the ^fragrance^ of the fragrance, and find it wonderfully original. I am a bit dismayed, however, by the comnent here that it is both very shy & very fugitive. However, I have now chosen it for this evening's going out; and so that I can have it nicely pumping forth I shall take the bottle with me. Actually, I usually do this anyway, as I like to offer people I am with a dousing of whatever I have brought (they nearly always decline, for some reason, even if they are not wearing 'fume themselves), forwhich reason I occasionally get called 'bringer of aromata', or something similar - or even some Greek or Latin word essentially meaning that.

It's a good stout bottle as well - and flat, which well-suiteth it unto being taken out about ones person. However, the lid does not snap on very securely, which is slightly disappointing.

I'll get back to you in the morning. I hope the comnent to the effect that sillage & longevity are both ^very^ poor is an exaggeration - by which I am not necessarily saying an intentional one. The battle between attributing lapses in perceptibilty to intrinsic lenity or to dysosmia is a never-ending one.

... the following morning ...
^Have to^ report that this has perfectly adequate sillage & longevity. But it's a perpetual occasion of contradiction, this business. It deserves a thread, this question of the sheer capriciosity of the smellsense.

This here one reminds me of ~Euphoria~ by Calvin Klein, in that both are basically heavy embellished-woody - by which I mean woodiness embellished by a bit of say, pomegranate in that case, bourbon vanilla in this, and some fruity or flowery adjunct in the general case; and by ~heavy~ I mean the uttermost resinous essences of the wood as it were (or actually maybe) from twenty years of steeping in some ferocious solvent, rather than merely the smell of wood sawn-through. This one has a more °particular° distinction, in that I think it would require merely a single sampling for one to recognise it evermore thereafter; that one is more °abstract°. Perhaps this °particularity° of the distinction would be more apparent to someone who loves a bit of bourbon whiskey, as I do; as the combination of bourbon vanilla, & oak - which is deliberately used to make whiskey-casks by virtue of the phenomenon whereby it's oils are leached into the alcoholic liquid inside them, thus imparting flavour & aroma, imparts strongly to this fragrance an evocativaty of that most delectable beverage.

Afterthought: just completely forgot to offer anyone any last night!

ScentedSalon 3 years ago
Beautiful boozy vanilla fragrance with a real wood-cask liquor effect but gone in minutes: no sillage, no lasting power. Shame.+4
6.0
1.0
1.0

by Volja
by Volja

Popular Elizabeth and James

Nirvana Black (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth and James Nirvana White (Eau de Parfum) by Elizabeth and James Nirvana Rose by Elizabeth and James Nirvana French Grey by Elizabeth and James Nirvana Amethyst by Elizabeth and James Nirvana White (Solid Perfume) by Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black (Solid Perfume) by Elizabeth and James Nirvana White (Perfume Oil) by Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black (Perfume Oil) by Elizabeth and James