1776 by Elsha

1776 is a perfume by Elsha for men. The release year is unknown. It is still in production.

Russian leather

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 06.05.2016

Quintessentially old-school American
A very "American" fragrance. I would group this with Stetson Original, Mary Kay Tamerisk, and perhaps even with Paul Sebastian Fine Cologne. They are not smell-alikes, necessarily, but they all evoke a quintessentially old-school American feeling, like a meeting among founding fathers, or a visit to a barbershop in the old west. 1776 would be the best of the bunch among those; it is quite good. I guess "creamy" is the most obviously common aspect of the fragrances I mentioned. Elsha 1776 distinguishes itself from the others by being a leather fragrance, but the leather in 1776 is not too potent or animalic. So, you are not taking any social risks by wearing 1776, other than possibly being perceived as wearing an "old guy's cologne," as some people tend to say. I am beyond such worries, since I do not subscribe to the "old guy", "old lady", "high school kid", etc. frames used for fragrances, and I am not young enough to care about being perceived as old. However, the best use of 1776 for me is at home, with a robe de chambre on, and a good (preferably history) book in hand.

Popular Elsha