L'Amour Fou (2012) Eau de Parfum

L'Amour Fou (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro
Bottle Design: Sylvie de France

L'Amour Fou (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Emanuel Ungaro for women and was released in 2012. The scent is fruity-floral. It was last marketed by Salvatore Ferragamo Group.

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Blackberry, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesNectarine, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere wood, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Aquila2110, last update on 12.11.2019

9.0 7.0 9.0 9.0/10

Hathor20
Sensual-smoky-grey eminence, which has it in itself
It's really hard for me to recognize and describe a fragrance explicitly from its components, but I liked my new conquest "L'Amour Fou" so much that I'll just try it now and write my first fragrance review here.

The bottle looks valuable, lies well in the hand and has a pleasant weight. I personally find the combination of the smoky grey colour of the glass flacon in combination with the black-pink cap very beautiful and pleasant for the eye. The design is overall calm and balanced (and "yells" at a not attention-grabbing one).

When I spray it on my skin, I notice rhubarb, beautifully fruity; then there's another incense stick note, whose scent reminds me of my grandmother's "incense man", a small carved wooden figure that she always took out in the pre-Christmas period to add a little scented cap to his hollow belly, which suddenly conjured up clouds of smoke from his mouth after lighting, which smelled totally delicious like sandalwood. When I was a kid, of course, I was stunned and thought it was great.

The opening of the fragrance is warm and flattering. After a short time it is joined by light pepper and musk. In the heart note, the fragrance becomes cooler and I feel a hint of amber, paired with grated coconut. And the pepper comes back now - a little finer than before. My first association was pink pepper. Does that even exist? I'm afraid not. But what I mean by that is the pepper is gentle and doesn't sting your nose.

I think "L'Amour Fou" is a beautiful feminine fragrance for autumn - but I would also wear it in spring. In winter, the fragrance components may be unconscious against the cold temperatures, but you have to try that first. As the wearer of this fragrance, I imagine a mature and sensual woman who is grounded and appreciates the good things in life. She chooses a fragrance for herself that is present and underlines her appearance in a pleasant way, without slaying herself or her surroundings. And I have to say, when "L'Amour Fou" "cools down" after the first phase of wearing it, it develops an irresistible note of creamy, peppery, with a hint of coconut, rose and amber, or maybe it's the musk, too, but this combination is so sensual and full-bodied for my taste, without being intrusive that it almost has something erotic about it.

As it looks at the moment, this fragrance could become a future regular guest in my perfume collection for me. But first see what time brings...

8.0 4.0 4.0 4.5/10

Didn't convince me
My first blind purchase ^^ and I was already a bit excited.

Unpacked and uiii yes the flacon is really appealing, anticipation makes itself broad ... so I get going and
spray looos pffffffff and again pffffff and again ... should be worth it...
I sniff and sniff and smell a synthetic fragrance, very light, hardly noticeable, yes maybe some rose I suspect, but that's all when I breathe in very close and deep it tingles in my nose, that could perhaps be the pepper ....hm I think maybe a few sprayers more ... okay so again pffffffff but it happened with me and the scent unfortunately nothing at all. I hardly notice him (I find that actually always the worst).

Now that I'm wearing it for a while, it smells like a soap from the Rossmann...

Funny how different the tastes can be !

The only positive thing is the bottle, which is really nice :-) and because it was also really a bargain, I am again ne experience and at least one beautiful bottle richer ;-)

by Hobbit
by Hobbit
by Ergreifend
by Ergreifend
by Scarletrose
by Scarletrose

Popular Emanuel Ungaro

Diva (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme III (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro L'Amour Fou (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Desnuda by Emanuel Ungaro Apparition (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Senso by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro (1977) (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro (2007) by Emanuel Ungaro Diva Rose by Emanuel Ungaro Diva (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro Man (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Apparition Homme Intense by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme III Oud by Emanuel Ungaro Apparition Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro L'Amour Fou L'Elixir by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro Party by Emanuel Ungaro Apparition Pink by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro for Her by Emanuel Ungaro