Ungaro (2007)

Version from 2007
Ungaro (2007) by Emanuel Ungaro
Bottle Design: Sylvie de France

Ungaro (2007) is a perfume by Emanuel Ungaro for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesRed berries
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, White blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Saffron

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.12.2018

1.0 3.0 7.0 7.0/10
Good beginning, weak end
"Ungaro" I probably tested in the same version as Nerolia-so very olet-pink packaging with lips on it, ugly U-shaped Falkon: the bottle is pink-violet-transparent and the cap is yellow-transparent. Whether it's the newer or older version or the same version as the yellow bottle remains to be seen.
And now to the fragrance: as so many commentators have already noticed, the seemingly ordinary fragrance has a certain extra. Everything starts sweet and berry, but for me this is not an authentic scent of berries or raspberries but rather their pop-like lollipop version, a colorful sugar on the tongue that gradually turns into a sweet and fruity jasmine. This phase is very appealing. Unfortunately, the fragrance has a very low shelf life and little Sillage. I don't like Base very much. In Base, the fragrance becomes powdery, but that's not a delicate powderiness I normally like. I think there is a lot of white mochus and heliotrope(in) in the game here, because this powderiness gets for me almost a dusty-malkreidige quality.
All in all interesting, definitely feminine, for colder seasons.
8.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10
Late summer evening
Actually looking for a saffron scent, I ordered "Ungaro" blind and tested it in the meantime. My comment refers to the newer version with the purple color:

The fragrance reminds me of pure, pleasantly warm sunshine in liquid form! It goes straight into the heart and warms.

The opening begins with berry aromas. A little bit like sunny raspberry leaves and all kinds of berries, directly from the bush. A true aroma explosion, but never artificial or sticky. Soon a beautiful, flowery scent rises into my nose. That must be jasmine, but also something else, maybe heliotrope? From the very beginning, the resinous-spicy base note is also noticeable. Like sticky, resinous tree sap. Maple syrup and some forest honey smells like this. The saffron is not in the foreground, but it gives the whole thing the necessary grounding and spice.

For me, the entire composition represents a warm late summer evening in its purest form. The vegetation is at its peak: berries are ripe, flowers are blooming and trees are full of sap. The air is warm.

The fragrance slowly fades away and after a few hours I only smell the resinous base note slightly. The sun has set blood-red.

The shelf life is average, but for me it fits perfectly as an evening fragrance that has faded away until the sun has set.

It is not intrusive, quickly gets very close, but it has this "magic" for me, as only few modern fragrances still have it. He would have fitted in well with the '80s or early '90s. Hats off to the masterful perfumer (Kurkdjian).

He is not the saffron we are looking for yet, but he can stay here for sure. I'm just thinking about ordering a second bottle.

1.0/10
death by jasmine
This isn't a full review - just a note. Dear Kosmoskukka shared a sample of this with me, and I think it's another testament to the mystery of skin and perception. Jasmine is a problematic note for me. In this composition, all I get is a blast of jasmine that seems to last forever and make me quite annoyed. Is it my skin? My nose? Who knows??? But non-Big-White-Floral fans may want to approach with caution.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10
Unusual Berry
Berries are the first thing I smell when I spray this on, but it doesn't become fruity or candy-like (thank God for the latter!) The mellowed berries stay in the bouquet and are very quickly accompanied by the white flowers (to my nose it's a generous, yet just right amount of white florals.) Then amber -and a peppery spicy something- rounds it off in the dry down. The silage depends on how many sprays you use. A spray or two between your skin and shirt will give great silage. Longevity is also great: 5-8 hours. It doesn't smell oriental to me, rather a bit floriental with an amazing red berry note for those who normally wouldn't like berries.

This is a very happy, sexy scent. It shouts "smell me! I am fun." Great as a summer day scent and an informal evening scent. Or whenever you like, because it smells so darn yummy!
Sweet and Fun
Hi,
I have not much words, but few
When I feel I like to have fun, Just fun for my-own happy happy feel, I spray Ungaro. Sweet carefree girlish scent. I like this**

Jazzy76 10 months ago
The price was affordable and the bottle inviting...so I tested this scent and it appeared me pleasant, bright, easy to wear.But evanescent!+2
5.0
5.0

by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Emanuel Ungaro

Diva (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme III (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro L'Amour Fou (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Desnuda by Emanuel Ungaro Apparition (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Senso by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro (2007) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro (1977) (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Diva Rose by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro Man (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Diva (Eau de Parfum) by Emanuel Ungaro Apparition Homme Intense by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro pour L'Homme III Oud by Emanuel Ungaro L'Amour Fou L'Elixir by Emanuel Ungaro Apparition Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro for Her by Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro Party by Emanuel Ungaro Apparition Pink by Emanuel Ungaro